Robert8

The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part

1 hour ago, leafan said:

Spaceship!

Delightful! :thumbup: :sweet: Though he's uncredited, one of the video's comments credit Brotherhood Workshop with that animation. For that matter, here are two more related shorts within that same vein presumably animated by the same studio:

Just now, Sarah said:

There have been a LOT of trailers for this movie.

I don't normally watch movies this close. Is this normal now?

2 trailers so far

I actually mispoke there. It wasn't a trailer but a TV spot

I expect a third and final trailer to be released at any moment now. 

It seems Shazam trailer will be out tomorrow so Friday could be a good guess for another trailer for the LEGO movie 2

Well, the Lucy spot is most accurate to the first movie, Batman the least.

Also, I was appalled to see 'Catchy Song' producer Dillon Francis use the f word in a tweet about the song. From what I understand, swearing is strictly against all TLG policy. In any case, it is inappropriate to swear in a tweet related to a children's movie. I hope TLG give him a warning.

Early box office predictions are out 

The LEGO Movie 2 is projected to open with a $45M-55M box office, around half of the first movie's opening weekend

Also The LEGO Movie 2 was described as "fantastic" by people who had early access to view it (critics)

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Also The LEGO Movie 2 was described as "fantastic" by people who had early access to view it (critics)

Hey thats good news! 

9 hours ago, Bornin1980something said:

I hope TLG give him a warning.

I hope that they don't.  Twitter is not meant for kids.  The age limit on Twitter is 12, and by then you should have heard and become accustomed to such language.

16 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Any sources for this? It's a great sign, just would love to read their responses myself if possible.

Also, here's a great article from IGN with Lord and Miller explaining the metanarrative of the first movie and how that carries into the sequel. I love the direction they seem to be taking things in and can't wait to see it for myself!

Just now, Lyichir said:

Any sources for this? It's a great sign, just would love to read their responses myself if possible.

It was Collider

Here: (LEGO Movie 2 discussion starts at 12:10)

13 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

It was Collider

Here: (LEGO Movie 2 discussion starts at 12:10)

Ugh... no wonder I hadn't seen it, since I prefer to get my news from text instead of video discussion. No offense to them, but this whole segment was a little hard for me to sit through, a bit too "inside baseball" for my liking in the discussion of metrics and box office numbers. Still, if their overall impression was positive, that's a good thing.

Since they talked a little about word of mouth possibly boosting the movie's numbers, I'm hoping the advance screenings this weekend result in a much more widely visible positive buzz that reminds average moviegoers that hey, this should be on your radar. The fact that they're making that move with those advance screenings does give me hope that they're confident enough in the quality of the movie that they'll bet on it doing so.

Screen Rant -The LEGO Movie 2 Getting Early Screenings Two Weeks Before Release

According to Business Wire, Warner Bros. will hold a special one-day advance screening in 500 theaters in North America. The early screening of The LEGO Movie 2 will be part of WB's "Awesome Week" event, which will include other still-unspecified events meant to stir up excitement over the coming sequel. Tickets for the early screening go on sale today (Jan. 23) and will be available at participating theaters and online outlets.

Agree

These preview screenings mean they are worried about the opening weekend numbers. 

And still no final trailer... so some people might even watch the movie before the final trailer is out....

Sometimes I just dont get WB...

And I'm down in Australia knowing I still have two months to wait until I see the movie. It's gonna be so hard to avoid spoilers. Damnit, WB, why do you hold back these movies from us?

Well... if you thought that them making the entire first movie an ad on Black Friday was crazy...

They just released a FIVE HOUR ad that just plays "Catchy Song" on repeat :laugh_hard:

On 1/23/2019 at 4:16 PM, Lyichir said:

Ugh... no wonder I hadn't seen it, since I prefer to get my news from text instead of video discussion. No offense to them, but this whole segment was a little hard for me to sit through, a bit too "inside baseball" for my liking in the discussion of metrics and box office numbers. Still, if their overall impression was positive, that's a good thing.

Yes. At least the movie left a positive impression

There was an early screening on Tuesday, and this reaction seems to be related to that. So, it comes from someone who got to see the full final cut 

I'd expect the first reviews to be out at any moment now

------------------------------------------

Also, it was that The LEGO Batman Movie takes place at some point during this movie

So, I guess is right after the Duplo invasion?

There’s an early joke in The LEGO Movie 2, in which the Justice League goes off an adventure without Batman, because he’s having one of his solo adventures. Miller confirmed in the Q&A that the gag refers to the events of The LEGO Batman Movie, so IGN had to ask: does that mean that The LEGO Batman Movie was also just Finn, specifically playing with Batman the whole time?

“Ohhhhh…” Chris Miller teased, before concluding: “Yes. Yes it does.”

The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part hits theaters on February 8, 2018.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/01/23/the-lego-movie-2-phil-lord-and-chris-miller-explain-their-meta-universe

Some LEGO youtubers like Brother from Another Brick are also watching the movie today so expect the first reviews in a few hours

2 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

I just saw it.

Reveal hidden contents

It’s good

Any noteworthy standout vehicles, characters, or locations that look to have great potential as future sets? :classic: