Robert8

The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part

As far as the Lloyd minifigure goes, all we've been told (without confirmation, by the way) is that the 'casual clothes' Lloyd minifigure from 2017 will be in one of the sets. That does not translate to him being in the movie. Hell, in that same set, we had a character named Officer Toque. Who never appeared in the movie. 

14 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Hell, in that same set, we had a character named Officer Toque. Who never appeared in the movie. 

Actually he does, during the second invasion he's seen running away from the Garma Mecha Man

We have our first official pic of Queen Watevra Wa'nabi! And I think she might be... Unikitty's mom? The picture cuts off before showing her whole forehead, but it seems like she might have a unicorn horn up there, suggesting that she could possibly be the unicorn side of Unikitty's family (whether we'll ever see the cat side of the family remains to be seen). EDIT: Just now expanded the picture and see the crown instead of a horn. Which doesn't TOTALLY disprove the theory but does make it seem less likely.

And with what might be the first significant maternal figure in the main Lego Movie series (discounting Ma Cop who was more of a bit part and Misako since The Lego Ninjago Movie seems to mostly be its own thing), I can't help but wonder if she might offer any insight into Finn's mom in the real world. This character's name might imply a laissez-faire approach to parenting, which would fit with the mom's inactive role in resolving the first movie's father-son conflict.

Edited by Lyichir

@Lyichir That's not the impression I'm getting from those eyes and that mouth, they look menacing. 

I think it's more like, as Lord Business was Finn's vilification of his father, maybe Queen Wa-Nabi will be Finn's sister' she vilification of their mother?

Though she looks more like a mean aunt to me . . . 

I don't think we can expect to see a 'I am your mother, Unikitty', though. This reminds me of something that happened back in the Skylanders fandom; there were these two similar characters named Spy Rise and Dr. Krankcase. Because they were similar, everyone thought that Krankcase was Spy Rise's father. 

No dice; they never even interacted. I feel like this is going to be more of the same. 

20 minutes ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

So, anyone else seen the trailer yet?

Nope :sadnew:

9 hours ago, EZNetwork said:

New trailer tomorrow.

Here's the premier placeholder for it, which should be live by tomorrow morning:

5 hours ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

No Benny poster, shame.

Well, here's at least Rex Dangervest's poster:

31023033947_7c81eea987_z.jpg

Edited by Digger of Bricks

On 11/17/2018 at 10:49 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Slightly off topic, but seeing the eyes there reminds me of the bizarrely cartoony character designs in LEGO Island… and consequently, why I’m really glad that the more recent LEGO video games, movies, and TV shows have generally resisted that sort of pressure to change the entire minifigure design language to make the faces “more expressive” by conventional animation standards. The worst example I can think of in recent years was Sensei Wu in the earlier seasons of the Ninjago TV show having an actual 3D animated mouth rather than a printed pattern, but even that has been abandoned in favor of a more standardized mouth pattern as of Season 8.

Offtopic: although not following Playmobil that often, they changed their eyes not just their previous Super4 but also some genric female figures for city dress sets. But well, the drawback is that they don't try to blend all previous styles of different faces but just another new style. And similiar with the LEGO's infamous case, I deeply concern about how much Super4 would be referenced.

Back to the TLM2 news, so the queen can shapeshift into anything built by Duplo bricks. 

wuyLxBH.jpg

Oh well, for this time it's confirmed that the Duplo figures and minidolls also co-exist with the minifigures in this canon. I think they would definitely have to explain the same character has alternative forms (in physical cases such as Wonder Woman being all three types) But considering Rex and Emmet's case, I also feel the high possibility of three Dianas may co-exist in the same canon which means this Duplo Diana is not the same person as minifigure in TLM1.

Okay, one giraffe spot for CMF series. Although I feel like we had enough costumes in series 18.....

I do think this is a good chance to take care of female family members due to all previous three LEGO films spent most of time talknig about father-son relationship. But here is a concern about the figure whether they're covering their alteregos well.

Sweet Mayhem is likely gonna be Finn's sister's alterego based on her lines in the trailer. But for their mother, if truly based on the LEGO history, she would have been a Scala or Belville doll to represent herself. However, it makes sense that TLC cannot bring back discontinued materials in this physical sets, so the mother being a Duplo monster is kinda a compormised result.

BTW, I'm not following the leaks and news so far, how is the chance of Owen of JP in TLM2? It feels like they're making Rex a parody or any character Pratt has played, but does that alternatively deconfirm Owen's existence?

Edited by Dorayaki

Hhmm 

I was more excited after the first trailer

Not a fan of Tiffany Haddish. And the 2 lines she had in the trailer felt very weak

And a lot of stuff here was already shown in the first trailer

Also, this second trailer pretty much confirms the leaks were real

5 minutes ago, BaneShake said:

What on earth is going on with Green Lantern's mask up there?

My guess would be that it's a tattered post-apocalyptic look from earlier in the movie.

I'm excited by the new trailer. I also spotted the castle from the Unikitty cartoon in there, so maybe the movie will reference it?

I hope we see more character from Queen Whatevra Wa'Nabi . . I'll admit, I'm a bit worried that this one will follow in the footsteps of the Ninjago Movie as just . . bad. I hope they make it as entertaining as the original, though. 

I am definitely seeing Star-Lord vibes in Rex Dangervest. (Also, that whole 'drawing stubble on your face' thing totally reminded me of Star-Lord trying to be as manly as Thor in Infinity War.)

Okay, TBB has a new article up. 

Apparently Rex Dangervest is our first 'Master Breaker', which I suppose is the opposite of a Master Builder, and master of the 'deconstructonator punch'.

Also, his spaceship, which is billed in the sets as the 'Rexplorer'? Its name is actually 'Rexcelsior'. 

A better Lego tribute to Stan Lee I could not imagine. Now I want to get that set solely on the basis of its name. 

It seems the Ninjago Movie did more damage than what I thought 

I've seen several comments staying that they had enough after the Ninjago movie. 

The LEGO movies had great potential but I think WB's dumb decisions might have been too much to handle: releasing 2 LEGO movies almost back to back in 2017, poor creative choices with the Ninjago movie, and whatever happened with the Brick Race....

But then again, this is coming from the same studio that messed up the DC cinematic universe. It seems these guys just dont know how to handle big franchises. 

TLM2 better do - at least - as well as the Batman one or this is it.

5 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

It seems the Ninjago Movie did more damage than what I thought 

I've seen several comments staying that they had enough after the Ninjago movie. 

Let's hope this film is enough to swing them around! Assuming this film is of similar quality as the first film, Wonder Woman style of positive word of mouth might be able to get TLG a win