Robert8

The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part

After that lackluster box office Ninjago Movie had, I wouldn't be surprised if they dont appear at all. I guess LEGO just wishes everyone will forget that ever happened. So, if any Ninjago movie character appears, would be like a 0.000001 s cameo

If The LEGO MOVIE 2 doesn't do as least as well as the Batman Movie, I don't see the LEGO cinematic universe going any further after this

35 minutes ago, BubbaFit45531 said:

I did like Intergalactic.

I know, and an awesome version of it as well!

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

If The LEGO MOVIE 2 doesn't do as least as well as the Batman Movie, I don't see the LEGO cinematic universe going any further after this

I have to agree there. LEGO are really relying on the success of the first film and I assume the expectations for the sequel will be high. 

On 1/7/2015 at 4:44 PM, legozebra said:

They definitely are, a LEGO-held convention mentioned on Brickiest showed a LEGO employee explaining the life of an AFOL, including the Dark Ages...

Anyway, sounds intriguing. I wonder how they will all react when he loses interest in them... But who is the villain? Perhaps the toy of another "distraction" for Finn, who is jealous of the attention Emmet gets etc...

maybe something related to the duplo stuff in the last movie? except from a newer theme his sister has... It's gonna be cool how they tie in the movie with finn's life. gee, finn has grown up fast!

By the way, has anyone here figured that Sweet Mayhem and Tiffany Haddish's character Queen Watevra Wa-Nabi may be this movie's Bad Cop/Good Cop and President/Lord Buisness, respectively? That is to say, could Sweet Mayhem be the Queen's right hand woman? :shrug_confused:

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

So maybe the movies don't have to follow a chronological order. Sometimes Finn is playing with Batman, Emmet, Lucy, etc. And Sometimes he is playing in the Gotham City diorama with Batman, Robin, etc

Come to think of it, perhaps The Lego Batman Movie may not be accounted for at all in this sequel, just as so to not confuse possible audiences who've seen the first movie but neither of the cinematic spinoffs.

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

No, please don't say that! :cry_sad: :cry3:

8 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Come to think of it, perhaps The Lego Batman Movie may not be accounted for at all in this sequel, just as so to not confuse possible audiences who've seen the first movie but neither of the cinematic spinoffs.

But the characters from TLBM who would have any reason to be in this film are iconic and everybody knows them. Like, go up to any kid and ask them if they know who Robin, Batgirl, and Alfred are. 

Just now, GeneralNumberOne said:

But the characters from TLBM who would have any reason to be in this film are iconic and everybody knows them. Like, go up to any kid and ask them if they know who Robin, Batgirl, and Alfred are. 

Sure, but audiences who've not seen The Lego Batman Movie may not be familiar with those unique incarnations of the characters besides Batman. With maybe the exception of Alfred, Barbara and Dick Grayson were pretty divergent from their archetypical incarnations that most people are familiar with.

1 minute ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Sure, but audiences who've not seen The Lego Batman Movie may not be familiar with those unique incarnations of the characters besides Batman. With maybe the exception of Alfred, Barbara and Dick Grayson were pretty divergent from their archetypical incarnations that most people are familiar with.

Yeah, but they're still recognisable. 

1 minute ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Yeah, but they're still recognisable. 

But still, shoehorning them in would just be awkward, since audiences unfamiliar with the characters introduced from that spin-off would be completely unfamiliar with the relationship dynamics they have with Batman that were set-up in The Lego Batman Movie. But, we at least know that Channing Tatum is returning as Superman in this sequel, to whatever degree that may be.

4 minutes ago, Actor Builder said:

Is Chris Pratt in a spaceship talking to a potted plant a reference to another film, do you think?

Doubt it. Planty was in the first Lego Movie, in Emmet's apartment toward the beginning. That was months before the first GOTG was even released. This is most likely a callback to the first Lego movie IMO.

6 minutes ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

Doubt it. Planty was in the first Lego Movie, in Emmet's apartment toward the beginning. That was months before the first GOTG was even released. This is most likely a callback to the first Lego movie IMO.

I think it's definitely a reference to another film about space. The Spaceship house even has a similar building technique for the little tail fin things stickin' on out as another pop culture vehicle they made a set for.

6 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

Still, given the fact that Chris Pratt's career took off shortly after The Lego Movie, I'm somewhat expecting some tongue-in-cheek nods to some of the other successful franchises he's been associated with since then.

16 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

I think it's both.

Here are some trailer "breakdown" videos with interesting trivia and stuff

12 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Here are some trailer "breakdown" videos with interesting trivia and stuff

Thanks for posting.  Interesting stuff!  There were a few things I missed, so it was good to take another more detailed look.

By the way, does anyone figure that "Emmett's sister" will still be a component to the plot of this movie? Back in February 2015, Phil Lord and Chris Miller had this to say early on regarding the plot:

The Brick Fan - More The LEGO Movie 2 Details Including Introduction of… 

In a Q&A session at the Santa Barbara Film Festival where The LEGO Movie was screened earlier this week, Chris Miller and Phil Lord gave a small tidbid of what will happen in The LEGO Movie 2. They mentioned that the sequel will be a few years after the events of the first movie (four years to be exact) and will "focus Emmet and his sister in a 'weird, dystopian version of Bricksburg'. "

So, unless that element has been written out of the plot in rewrites since then, could Sweet Mayhem or Queen Watevra Wa-Nabi be that character? Even though she's a minidoll, it'd be interesting if Sweet Mayhem is Emmett's sister in a Darth Vader sort of way, if you know what I mean.

Edited by Digger of Bricks

31 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

So, unless that element has been written out of the plot in rewrites since then, could Sweet Mayhem or Queen Watevra Wa-Nabi be that character? Even though she's a minidoll, it'd be interesting if Sweet Mayhem is Emmett's sister in a Darth Vader sort of way, if you know what I mean.

> Emmet and his sister

Perhaps we're not reading this literally? I mean, the whole TLM1 story was actually a projection of the reality, when Emmet and Business are the metaphors of Finn and hist father. If so it might be that Sweet Mayhem or the Queen is gonna be the sister's main role in the play, and the story would focus on the relationship between Emmet with them.

After all Sweet Mayhem was just randomly picking the leader, it's not that she is finding a missing person.

35 minutes ago, Dorayaki said:

Perhaps we're not reading this literally? I mean, the whole TLM1 story was actually a projection of the reality, when Emmet and Business are the metaphors of Finn and hist father. If so it might be that Sweet Mayhem or the Queen is gonna be the sister's main role in the play, and the story would focus on the relationship between Emmet with them.

True, that's what I'd presume would be the case, but it's still strange that they had mentioned then that Emmett has a sister. Perhaps, at the time, they had just mixed up Emmett for Finn, hence they were referring to Finn's sister instead.

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

By the way, does anyone figure that "Emmett's sister" will still be a component to the plot of this movie? Back in February 2015, Phil Lord and Chris Miller had this to say early on regarding the plot:

The Brick Fan - More The LEGO Movie 2 Details Including Introduction of… 

I'm guessing he meant Finn, not Emmett.  However, maybe Sweet Mayhem is the LEGO analogue to Finn's sister, as Emmett is the analogue to Finn.  This could in some ways make Sweet Mayhem Emmett's sister...

On 5-6-2018 at 12:57 PM, Dorayaki said:

Following the Duplo invasion from the last scene, it feels like the TLM canon is trying to say that all different LEGO figures exist in different planets or worlds, and the TLM2 storyline would focus on the how the minifigures interact with different LEGO figures such as minidolls, BIONICLE, Duplo figures etc.

Though it's really nice to see TLC trying to tell LEGO history and cover all the LEGO themes, not sure how the toy sets reflect on such plot.

(I wanted to say if they could include LEGO Universe so that the faction leaders can appear in outerspace, well, not a likely guess anyway :tongue:)

But I also don't think TLC would give up the chance promoting their mainstream minifigure products, so I'm sure they'd still manage to give new master builder minifigures (Scooby, Owen, Tracer) some cameo. Maybe Sweet Mayhem has already captured other minifigures to the homeland?

On 5-6-2018 at 3:40 PM, legosamsonite said:

What if the minidolls aren't the villains because if it represents Finn And his sister clashing maybe they team up to face the real threat to the entire lego universe

Galidor

The name that strikes fear into all minifigs, minidolls, and duplo beings everywhere XD

I do indeed hope that different themes are highlighted this time. The (presumed) space setting brings many (cameo) possibilities for the IP's that had a connection to space. Imagine Rock Raiders, LEGO Universe, Dimensions's Lord Vortech, BIONICLE and Galidor! I'm getting goosebumps! :blush::grin: Any of these would be awesome if it did get a spot!

Maybe Emmet could team up with a different, intergalactic crew to save the others? 

On 5-6-2018 at 5:09 PM, legozebra said:

Sewer Babies Battle Pack or we riot

Absolutely! :laugh:

1 hour ago, Exetrius said:

Maybe Emmet could team up with a different, intergalactic crew to save the others? 

Maybe Emmet could team up with the Doctor to save the universe?

1 hour ago, Exetrius said:

Maybe that could be a possibility? According to IMDb, we at least know that Channing Tatum's Superman and Jonah Hill's Green Lantern will be returning in some way, so... :shrug_oh_well:

43 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

Maybe Emmet could team up with the Doctor to save the universe?

...or the Doctor (among others presumably) will be kidnapped by Sweet Mayhem like how the others had been.

I'm not sure this has been brought up, but did anybody else notice that Vitruvius' ghost nor President Business are present in the trailer?