Robert8

The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part

17 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I'm personally hoping for a revised minidoll from this sequel that can solve those animation issues, but that would be getting my hopes up too much... :sceptic:

Per trailer, they hop. :)

4 hours ago, the last chronicler said:

Crazy. I remember mentioning to friends the next Lego movie should go all Mad Max as an expression of Finn abandoning his Lego as a teen.

You're probably correct. I also think Finn goes into a Dark Age and abandons his bricks. And so a few years later, tons of dust and everything yellow due to sun exposure. Wasteland.

25 minutes ago, Rookie875 said:

Also, does anyone else think that Sweet Mayhem could be Emmett's sister, providing another parallel between Emmett and Finn? Wasn't it confirmed that his sister would be in this?

I don't Finn is playing with his LEGO sets anymore

If he is older and more mature, it wouldn't make sense that Emmet is still a goofy/silly/innocent character

I think Finn's sister is playing with them all now

17 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I don't Finn is playing with his LEGO sets anymore

If he is older and more mature, it wouldn't make sense that Emmet is still a goofy/silly/innocent character

I think Finn's sister is playing with them all now

Tbh I rather they dumped the whole human thing, but I know that's not gonna happen. :sceptic:

If I remember correctly, the plot was going to be Finn’s sister captures batman, everyone must go on an adventure to rescue him, looks like it’s the whole crew. Secondly, the villain looks exactly like a mini doll. Thirdly, I hope the director/the person in charge axed the whole songs/musical malarkey.

6 hours ago, legozebra said:

Sewer Babies Battle Pack or we riot

Where do I sign up?

7 hours ago, legosamsonite said:

What if the minidolls aren't the villains because if it represents Finn And his sister clashing maybe they team up to face the real threat to the entire lego universe

Galidor

The name that strikes fear into all minifigs, minidolls, and duplo beings everywhere XD

*oh2*

If it's set 4 years later, it would make sense that everything's a wasteland (Finn's stopped playing with LEGO), and the ship scene could be his sister coming to play with his old toys.

In which case the trailer has only shown us things from the first few minutes of the movie.

2 hours ago, badbob001 said:

You're probably correct. I also think Finn goes into a Dark Age and abandons his bricks. And so a few years later, tons of dust and everything yellow due to sun exposure. Wasteland.

Yeah, the dust thing was what I first visualized.

It implies that Finn went into a dark age or at least his interest in Lego has diminished.  I want to know what happened to the Man Upstairs?  He invested a lot of time and money into Bricksburg, the minifig wall, and all his other displays.  It is hard to believe he just let it all completely go, unless he sold off most of his collection.  

I was going to pitch President Business had an evil, bald, Eastern European sounding boss who was controlling him from the shadows and destroyed most of Brickburg--because most of the Lego was taken by his human analog (banker, boss?) when Finn's dad/man upstairs lost his job and owed him money. Now President Business has to follow his will. It's not really thematic, but it is on the nose.

Edited by the last chronicler

The Trailer was great.

Looks like Finn's rebelliousness broke the mold, and he started to mix and match pieces and minifigures.

8 hours ago, Modulex Guy said:

*Cough* I already kinda did this two years ago. Mad Max Friends.

https://flic.kr/p/JjSnWs

:grin: Saw it at your Cantigny show. Fricking awesome!

As for the trailer, it was awesome. I'm definitely hyped for this sequel. 

Did anyone notice that there were no licensed themes in the trailer, other than for the brief glimpse we got of Batman? The first trailer for TLM1 was full of them, it just seems odd that there was nothing here and all the footage came from what seems like the first half hour of the film.

OK, I'm sold on this approach! :thumbup: :head_back:

Yesterday, when I first read the official synopsis, the fact that the Duplo gag from the end of the first film was definitely going to be foundational to the plot of this movie sounded both unexpected and strange to me. But, having this follow-up set during a post-apocalyptic aftermath is rather clever, kinda like a blend of the follow-up plots for both The Incredibles 2 (beginning right after the ending of the last film) and Toy Story 3 (if you know what I mean by that).

As for all the new part and playset potential already seen in this teaser, well, I'm still pouring over that. *huh*

Not gonna lie, I am so excited to be getting post-apoc styled sets. Post Apocalyptic Batman for the win!

Side note, I really hope those goggles Wyldstyle has will work over a Batman cowl. Time for Knightmare Batman!

8 hours ago, x105Black said:

This should probably be merged with the thread in LEGO Media and Gaming.

At this point, I sort of agree.

5 hours ago, badbob001 said:

Oh well, at least they're not digitally contorting their solid plastic components, which is a good thing.

1 hour ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

:grin: Saw it at your Cantigny show. Fricking awesome!

Same here! :thumbup: :head_back:

3 minutes ago, PepperoniBricks said:

Time for Knightmare Batman!

I know the post-apocalyptic set-up has been seen so many times elsewhere, but, I just couldn't help but think that the BvS KnightMare sequence alone inspired that element in the sequel when watching the teaser. :shrug_oh_well:

13 hours ago, bombcar said:

If it's set 4 years later, it would make sense that everything's a wasteland (Finn's stopped playing with LEGO)

BTW, anyone remember those was not even supposed to belong to Finn? :grin: Maybe just their father decides to leave a space for the kids to play.

9 hours ago, Master_Data said:

Did anyone notice that there were no licensed themes in the trailer, other than for the brief glimpse we got of Batman? The first trailer for TLM1 was full of them, it just seems odd that there was nothing here and all the footage came from what seems like the first half hour of the film.

It feels like not only no master builder meeting for this time, but since the main characters are going to outspace where minifigures might not exist, yes, it feels like those licensed themes are gonna be unable to play a role in the storyline.

(I wanted to say if they could include LEGO Universe so that the faction leaders can appear in outerspace, well, not a likely guess anyway :tongue:)

But I also don't think TLC would give up the chance promoting their mainstream minifigure products, so I'm sure they'd still manage to give new master builder minifigures (Scooby, Owen, Tracer) some cameo. Maybe Sweet Mayhem has already captured other minifigures to the homeland?

Alright, talking about this could be out of sudden, but I just realize that the previous three LEGO films show to be repetitive in something..... either Finn/Dad from TLM1, Dick/Bruce/Alfred from TLBM, Llyod/Garmadon from Ninjago, okay, all their focus are father-son relationship.
It makes sense to focus on family issues since the targeted audience are kids. But still, it kinda feels like ladies would have a hareder time to intepret what the films trying to tell. since these cases are not exacly similiar withe the mother-daughter relationships.

Finn's sisters is no doubt gonna have the major role in TLM2, and this time it could focus on sibling issues if Finn does go into his dark age. What I'm wondering is if Finn's mother or any other elder female family would show up? Perhaps the story needs a FOL who experienced the Scala/Belville era to play a part and guide the kids.

Edited by Dorayaki

This is more of a small technicality, but, why does it look like that Batman is a resident of this post-apocalyptic Bricksburg? It seems like he's been stuck there all this time after the Duplo invasion, instead of residing in Gotham City. If so, how does The Lego Batman Movie fit into all that? :shrug_confused:

8 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

This is more of a small technicality, but, why does it look like that Batman is a resident of this post-apocalyptic Bricksburg? It seems like he's been stuck there all this time after the Duplo invasion, instead of residing in Gotham City. If so, how does The Lego Batman Movie fit into all that? :shrug_confused:

That's what I was wondering. 

But I think the Ninjago Movie holds the answer; it's pretty clear that Ninjago City is not part of The Man Upstairs' basement. The tea shop owner, the one played by Jackie Chan; I think he has his own display of Ninjago City somewhere, independent of the Man Upstairs and Finn. This means that Lego Gotham City has to correspond to a third diorama somewhere else, which therefore implies that the LEGO Batman from The Lego Batman movie and the LEGO Batman from The Lego Movie are actually separate characters. Which might also explain why we didn't see Robin, Batgirl or Alfred, and the trailer implied they wouldn't be there. (Which sucks, because post-apocalyptic Batman looks so cool that I want a full set.)

Well, that or The Lego Batman Movie is set before the Duplo Invasion; maybe Taco Tuesday was just a sort of 'first battle' thing - the description said that the Duplos destroyed things faster than the heroes could rebuild. This implies that they tried rebuilding; perhaps there was a time of a sort of 'cold war' between Bricksburg and Duplo, and at one point things were stable enough that Batman felt he could return to Gotham for a bit? This makes sense in terms of the 'Finn vs his sister' mechanic too; if his sister playing with Duplo in his stuff ruined his fun and drove him into a Dark Age, that wouldn't have happened instantaneously. It would have taken a period of months or years. 

Yeah, now that I've thought it all through, I like the second theory more. 

But the important thing is that Jackie Chan definitely has a massive Ninjago City display in his basement. 

32 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

That's what I was wondering. 

But I think the Ninjago Movie holds the answer; it's pretty clear that Ninjago City is not part of The Man Upstairs' basement. The tea shop owner, the one played by Jackie Chan; I think he has his own display of Ninjago City somewhere, independent of the Man Upstairs and Finn. This means that Lego Gotham City has to correspond to a third diorama somewhere else, which therefore implies that the LEGO Batman from The Lego Batman movie and the LEGO Batman from The Lego Movie are actually separate characters. Which might also explain why we didn't see Robin, Batgirl or Alfred, and the trailer implied they wouldn't be there. (Which sucks, because post-apocalyptic Batman looks so cool that I want a full set.)

Well, that or The Lego Batman Movie is set before the Duplo Invasion; maybe Taco Tuesday was just a sort of 'first battle' thing - the description said that the Duplos destroyed things faster than the heroes could rebuild. This implies that they tried rebuilding; perhaps there was a time of a sort of 'cold war' between Bricksburg and Duplo, and at one point things were stable enough that Batman felt he could return to Gotham for a bit? This makes sense in terms of the 'Finn vs his sister' mechanic too; if his sister playing with Duplo in his stuff ruined his fun and drove him into a Dark Age, that wouldn't have happened instantaneously. It would have taken a period of months or years.

It has to be between TLM and TLM2 because there was a scene in TLBM that showed Emmet jumping from Octan Tower into the Infinate Void of Epicsness (I think that’s what it’s called, it’s been a while). Also, I believe that was a clip Wyldstyle showed during her Freedom Friday speech, so it would make sense that GCN would have it.

Let's remember that someone is playing with these minifigures

So maybe the movies don't have to follow a chronological order. Sometimes Finn is playing with Batman, Emmet, Lucy, etc. And Sometimes he is playing in the Gotham City diorama with Batman, Robin, etc

But I expect some of the Batman Movie characters to have a cameo. Like Alfred, Joker and Robin at least. 

About Ninjago, is unlikely, because he do know for a fact that these are not Finn's. They belong to another collector

Add me to the list of people who think this looks great. Love the apocalyptic setting; I hope they haven't ditched the musical element though, as I think that would potentially offer a funny way to explore gender politics.

Just talking about Ninjago, in the opening it feels like it's simply a storytelling from the shop owner Liu or that boy was the player? If LEGO tries to connect all LEGO films perhaps they'd not exclude Ninjago, unless hinting that Liu is a neighbor of Finn.

But anyway hopefully Alfred, DIck and Barbara can have a cameo in TLM2.

6 minutes ago, BubbaFit45531 said:

I was disappointed I didn't see any Ninjago characters

I know some NInjago fans would watch it, but I perfer seeing more unused franchises reference as Llyod has been in both TLM1 cameo and set.

I hope they haven't ditched the musical element

My guess is that is what would happen on the other planets they're gonna visit?

Edited by Dorayaki