Robert8

The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part

6 hours ago, teljesnegyzet said:

Yup, that definitely looks like a minidoll to me.

It is indeed, and her name is...

The Brick Fan - The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part Sweet Mayhem Character Revealed 

The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part Sweet Mayhem

1 hour ago, badbob001 said:

And I'm curious how they plan to animate minidolls, since a major issue is that their legs are fused together. I guess they just hop around like gameboard pieces?

I'm personally hoping for a revised minidoll from this sequel that can solve those animation issues, but that would be getting my hopes up too much... :sceptic:

So, Tiffany Haddish will be voicing a character named Queen Watevra Wa-Nabi, while Arturo Castro will be voicing another new character named... Ice Cream Cone

8 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Wow, so they're directly following through with that Duplo invasion aren't they? :wacko: Perhaps it's a prelude? :shrug_confused:

Following the Duplo invasion from the last scene, it feels like the TLM canon is trying to say that all different LEGO figures exist in different planets or worlds, and the TLM2 storyline would focus on the how the minifigures interact with different LEGO figures such as minidolls, BIONICLE, Duplo figures etc.

Though it's really nice to see TLC trying to tell LEGO history and cover all the LEGO themes, not sure how the toy sets reflect on such plot.

I'm curious what kind of character it is (the Queen?), tho. My own interpretation is that they're trying to add a new character that represents a different theme concept from either the current main TLM1 cast (construction, pirate, space etc) or the current minidoll original themes (town, fantasy). 
But if this character or the whole TLM2 story concept covers Space, not sure if that would be repetitive with Benny's role? Or it'd be classic versus innovation?

Edited by Dorayaki

11 hours ago, Hisstori said:

Not a fan of minidolls, but this looks sick. 

Agreed.  For a minidoll, it looks good.

Looking forward to seeing how the Duplo characters will look.

Hi all, we now have a Rumors and Discussion Topic about the sets set up here in Special Themes. I'll leave this discussion open for now, but please take musings about the potential sets to that topic I linked.

Thanks!

It's hard to tell from this trailer, but I really hope that this one goes back to the more "realistic" stop-motion-esque style of the first LEGO Movie. Even this first one used some tricks with the minifigures here and there, but overall it sold the very limited range of motion. The LEGO Batman Movie and Ninjago Movie progressively added more and more cheating to the point where in the Ninjago Movie the minifigures were doing a lot of things and making a lot of movements all the time that minifigures just can't do. It shouldn't be a huge deal, but that was such a big part of the first LEGO Movie to me that it bugged me when they moved away from it.

Overall, though, they seem to have captured a lot of the same irreverent and LEGO-centric humor that made the first one so surprisingly good, so I am starting to get excited.

Thanx for the trailer. After the invasion of Duplo, the tougher life in Bricksburg kills me XD. Also Vivitrus's hairpiece can be seen.... So I won't be surprised to see the tougher Bricksburg citizens in TLM2 sets or Collectible series?That sticker attack, pretty much effective to certain FOLs...

Meanwhile, although should have known from the cast reveal, we won't have Mr. Business, as well as more familiar faces in this film? Since the main characters are leaving their "minifigure planet" to somewhere else....

Edited by Dorayaki

Guys, my comment is speculation so don't take it as rumors

What if the minidolls aren't the villains because if it represents Finn And his sister clashing maybe they team up to face the real threat to the entire lego universe

Galidor

The name that strikes fear into all minifigs, minidolls, and duplo beings everywhere XD

4 minutes ago, legosamsonite said:

aren't the villains

It looks like the villain was serching for the strongest one (master builder?) from this city, it didn't necessarily say that alien was exactly a villain figure. Perhaps the alien was only looking for helpers for the homeland?

This looks really good. As a big fan of apocalyptic-type aesthetics (perhaps the dragon hunter Ninjago arc was testing the waters for this?), I'm looking forward to a bunch of sets/CMFs surrounding this new motif. 

I also like the various references to the earlier LEGO movies (the Cyborgs Emmet greets are dead ringers for TLBM Mr. Freeze, the 'Coffee Chain' restaurant rebranded as 'Coffee Unchained', etc.)

Mostly I just want physical Sewer Babies.

Sewer Babies Battle Pack or we riot

Overall, I’m loving the tone of the movie and it looks like we’re gonna get some great sets out of this.

Crazy. I remember mentioning to friends the next Lego movie should go all Mad Max as an expression of Finn abandoning his Lego as a teen. That was my dream Lego movie sequel and now whether for those reasons or general change of Finn's taste we're getting Lego Post-Apoc, whose crazy vehicles are perfect inspiration and style for Lego and the Master-Builder idea. Everything is awesome.

Edited by the last chronicler

I like the physical character progression, the 4 stud wide head more 3d Uni cat looks awesome.:thumbup: 
(though I wonder what that'll mean for the cartoon and it's sets :shrug_confused:)

This should probably be merged with the thread in LEGO Media and Gaming.

Edited by x105Black

It's like those LEGO minifigures have seen things they will never talk about again :laugh:

It looks sick!

I LOVE the post-apocalyptic vs the space one. 

And god Unikitty is more like UniTigress now. It looks she evolved like a Pokemon :laugh:

4 hours ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

(perhaps the dragon hunter Ninjago arc was testing the waters for this?)

I think that came too late for a "test"

At the time those came out, the movie was already finished and the sets were already in production. Chris Pratt said he recorded his lines for this more than a year ago.

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I need those sewer babies. 

I think the Sewer babies could work as accessory for some of the CMFs, the one below is my favourite, and he wouldn't need to precariously balance a stud on his head like some the others do.

42545289262_43f5c3652f_o.jpg

1 hour ago, x105Black said:

This should probably be merged with the thread in LEGO Media and Gaming.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak threads longer!

But I second this motion.

Edited by Agent Kallus