Robert8

The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part

5 hours ago, legonerd54321 said:

I think we'll get a teaser trailer with Teen Titans Go! To the Movies with a full trailer to go with Small Foot, both Warner Bros animated movies.

Hmmm, you don't think we'll see our first teaser this weekend attached to Solo? :look:

By the way, what time gap was there between our first look at the first movie's logo and the release of its first teaser? I don't remember when we first saw the logo myself, but I do remember that the first teaser was attached to Man of Steel, which hit theaters mid-June of 2013. 

On 5/21/2018 at 5:41 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Hmmm, you don't think we'll see our first teaser this weekend attached to Solo? :look:

By the way, what time gap was there between our first look at the first movie's logo and the release of its first teaser? I don't remember when we first saw the logo myself, but I do remember that the first teaser was attached to Man of Steel, which hit theaters mid-June of 2013. 

Well TTG comes out in late July, which is close to mid-June. I'm 75% certain that's when we'll get our first teaser, and probably our first official trailer during September/October.

4 hours ago, legonerd54321 said:

Well TTG comes out in late July, which is close to mid-June. I'm 75% certain that's when we'll get our first teaser, and probably our first official trailer during September/October.

Well, having seen that we didn't see a teaser attached to Solo after all, your speculation now seems much more plausible in retrospect. But man, that's still a long gap in time between our first official look at the sequel's logo, and TTG's July release date. :sceptic:

I spy so many new molds in this poster alone. From wildstyles hair to Batman’s armor piece. I’m excited to see the trailer tomorrow 

This already looks great! I cant wait for the trailer tomorrow. Hopefully we get a set revealed too but I won’t get my hopes up.

Well what I'm getting from this is that Aliens have attacked the Lego world and it's up to our heros to stop them.

The gang look like they're in a Mad Max-esque post-apocalypse world, so Unikitty is made up in a steam-punk type get-up and look at Batman - looks like the Glam Metal Batman from the CMF Batman Movie series 1!

6 minutes ago, leafan said:

Well what I'm getting from this is that Aliens have attacked the Lego world and it's up to our heros to stop them.

The gang look like they're in a Mad Max-esque post-apocalypse world, so Unikitty is made up in a steam-punk type get-up and look at Batman - looks like the Glam Metal Batman from the CMF Batman Movie series 1!

I remember reading one time that the sequel is set around four years after the first Lego movie so Finn's sister is a little older so could it be that this space alien looking thing on the poster is actually a Friends minidoll underneath? Is that supposed to be Emmet's sister?

Interesting guess. I also heard that the plot will take place from the point-of-view of both the boy from the first movie and his sister, so you could be on to something.

I have to say though, I'd be disappointed now if it was a minidoll under there - I love space so I want to see an invasion movie haha. More Benny!

The Lego Movie 2 reunites the heroes of Bricksburg and takes place five years after the first movie. They face a new threat: Lego Duplo invaders from outer space, wrecking everything faster than they can rebuild. The battle to defeat them and restore harmony to the Lego universe will take Emmet, Lucy, Batman and their friends to faraway, unexplored and musical worlds. Lego Movie 2 opens nationwide in 2D and 3D on Feb. 8., 2019.

They better put tons of references to all kinds of Space themes in there. Looking forward to see the trailer!

Ok, the poster looks ok but the plot sounds.......... hmmm I don't know. It's almost like they wanted to do a movie but didn't have a plot for it. 

The minidoll in the still looks sick tho!

lg2-t1-01053.jpg?w=892&h=598&crop=1

Souds 

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Ok, the poster looks ok but the plot sounds.......... hmmm I don't know. It's almost like they wanted to do a movie but didn't have a plot for it. 

lg2-t1-01053.jpg?w=892&h=598&crop=1

Not a fan of minidolls, but this looks sick. 

There better not be anything as tired and cliche as love triangles or wyldstyle getting jealous...

And I'm curious how they plan to animate minidolls, since a major issue is that their legs are fused together. I guess they just hop around like gameboard pieces?

Yes, just from the looks of that minidoll alone, I too am so freaking hyped for this sequel's trailer release tomorrow! :moar: Oh, and that Max Max get-up some of the original gang are wearing... *huh* :oh3:

4 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

The Lego Movie 2 reunites the heroes of Bricksburg and takes place five years after the first movie. They face a new threat: Lego Duplo invaders from outer space, wrecking everything faster than they can rebuild. The battle to defeat them and restore harmony to the Lego universe will take Emmet, Lucy, Batman and their friends to faraway, unexplored and musical worlds. Lego Movie 2 opens nationwide in 2D and 3D on Feb. 8., 2019.

Wow, so they're directly following through with that Duplo invasion aren't they? :wacko: Perhaps it's a prelude? :shrug_confused:

3 hours ago, General Magma said:

They better put tons of references to all kinds of Space themes in there.

^ This, first and foremost! :smug:

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Looking quite forwards to seeing that new helmet piece in it's physical form! I wonder how the visor will work?

1 hour ago, danth said:

Not to get my hopes up but Benny's helmet almost looks intact...

Hmmm, maybe? I kinda want to say that is the case the more I look at it. :shrug_confused: