Robert8

The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part

Some details on The LEGO Movie 2:

http://www.thebrickfan.com/the-lego-movie-2-takes-place-4-years-after-first/

Original source: http://www.empireonl...y.asp?NID=43091

It will be take place 4 years after The LEGO Movie 1, and Finn will be returining as a teenager:

"When he's an adolescent how does change his point of view?"

Dark ages, anyone?

Do you think TLG is aware of the "dark ages" thing?

Edited by Robert8

They definitely are, a LEGO-held convention mentioned on Brickiest showed a LEGO employee explaining the life of an AFOL, including the Dark Ages...

Anyway, sounds intriguing. I wonder how they will all react when he loses interest in them... But who is the villain? Perhaps the toy of another "distraction" for Finn, who is jealous of the attention Emmet gets etc...

Interesting. The Dark Ages would certainly be a good concept to base the movie around as it is both a very conflicting yet wonderful time in an AFOL's life. The part about Emmet having an existential crisis doesn't interest me as much since the part about Emmet being conscious and able to move in the real world is the only part I didn't like about the first movie. But who knows, maybe Emmet's crisis will be symbolic of Finn's inner struggle of whether or not to continue playing with Lego or something.

Considering the previous announcement that there will be more female characters in this one, perhaps this is a result of Finn getting more interested in girls?

I think the question here is rather if Lord and Miller are aware of it, and judging from the first movie, it's obvious that they do know a fair bit about AFOLs, so I wouldn't be surprised if they know about the dark ages too.

Sounds like a Toy Story 3 type situation where the kid thinks he's too old for toys but then realizes in the end he still loves them. Yawn. Personally, I really hated the human parts of the lego movie.

I wonder how they will all react when he loses interest in them... But who is the villain? Perhaps the toy of another "distraction" for Finn, who is jealous of the attention Emmet gets etc...

Good question. Maybe Finn's growing disinterest in Lego will be represented by a dark cloud that slowly consumes Emmet's world and the movie will be about Emmet and the gang trying to save themselves from ceasing to exist by finding a way to communicate with Finn and get him interested in Lego again. This could make an interesting statement about how Lego finds its way back into our lives - in this case quite literally. :laugh:

Sounds like a Toy Story 3 type situation where the kid thinks he's too old for toys but then realizes in the end he still loves them. Yawn. Personally, I really hated the human parts of the lego movie.

Well, it's not like the first film didn't have its fair share of similarities with Toy Story, and that didn't keep it from being a great, unique movie.

Same. I just skipped over them.

Good question. Maybe Finn's growing disinterest in Lego will be represented by a dark cloud that slowly consumes Emmet's world and the movie will be about Emmet and the gang trying to save themselves from ceasing to exist by finding a way to communicate with Finn and get him interested in Lego again.

I hope TLM 2 will explain better the relation between Finn and the LEGO characters, because I don't think the animated part of the movie was product of Finn's imagination.

Otherwise, how would that explain that Finn's father owns The LEGO Movie sets and minifigures? He saw him holding the CMF version of President Business.

I think the "real" LEGO Movie was the animated part, and Finn was just recreating what he saw in the film. Like a movie inside the movie. That would explain why The LEGO Movie theme actually exist there and why the father owns the minifigures like the "Where is my pants? Guy"

I hope TLM 2 will explain better the relation between Finn and the LEGO characters, because I don't think the animated part of the movie was product of Finn's imagination.

Otherwise, how would that explain that Finn's father owns The LEGO Movie sets and minifigures? He saw him holding the CMF version of President Business.

I think the "real" LEGO Movie was the animated part, and Finn was just recreating what he saw in the film. Like a movie inside the movie. That would explain why The LEGO Movie theme actually exist there and why the father owns the minifigures like the "Where is my pants? Guy"

Interesting theory, but that still doesn't explain how Emmet was able to move on his own. I disagree with this theory because it seems unlikely that a movie that Finn is recreating just so happens to parallel his relationship with his father and it would make the movie a whole lot less clever.

I think the TLM minifigs might be customs (perhaps using parts from unknown clone brands) or maybe TLG in Finn's world has produced these as part of other themes (Metalbeard could be from Pirates, Emmet and Bad Cop from City or CMFs, etc.). Either way, I think you might be looking too deep into this.

I also hope that they explain the relation of the two realities more in the sequel. Until then, I'm going to assume that the animated part was Finn's imagination and that he has telekinetic powers with which he moved Emmet. :tongue:

I think you might be looking too deep into this.

Well.... maybe :grin:

I'm going to assume that the animated part was Finn's imagination and that he has telekinetic powers with which he moved Emmet. :tongue:

If this is the case, that kid has some major imagination skills :laugh:

Good question. Maybe Finn's growing disinterest in Lego will be represented by a dark cloud that slowly consumes Emmet's world and the movie will be about Emmet and the gang trying to save themselves from ceasing to exist by finding a way to communicate with Finn and get him interested in Lego again.

That actually sounds really feasible! I wonder how the dad will react to his Dark Ages...

If this is the case, that kid has some major imagination skills :laugh:

Do not underestimate the power of imagination! :vader:

But seriously, go back and watch that scene with this in mind. It strangely makes a lot of sense. :laugh:

Until then, I'm going to assume that the animated part was Finn's imagination and that he has telekinetic powers with which he moved Emmet. :tongue:

Honestly the part where Emmet moves himself really bothers me. They give no explanation to it at all. He just can so that the story can move along. Is he magic, does the kid has telekinesis? Introducing human characters in the movie really just complicated things because it doesn't allow things to just happen without explanation. I get it's a kids movie and it's not real...but if everything before is actually supposed to have happened in the kids mind, why would you go and introduce the concept that maybe the legos can actually move themselves too. And now we're officially in Toy Story land..sigh..

Edited by Ultron

Do not underestimate the power of imagination! :vader:

But seriously, go back and watch that scene with this in mind. It strangely makes a lot of sense. :laugh:

While I think you could be right about Finn's Dark Ages being a threat for Emmet and everyone else there, let's don't forget they don't belong to Finn. Those are the father's.

I wonder if we'll get to see Finn's LEGO sets in The LEGO Movie 2, since his father mentioned Finn has his own sets and minifigures.

Maybe they could be jealous of Emmet and the gang

"Dark Ages" just sounds like an opportunity to see more "Darkness"

...blacked out windows...in the basement...middle of the night! Other places that are dark.

You get it, that's just the first verse.

it would be interesting to see how TLG tackles a second movie, not sure how if will come off with an older "main character"

I thought that the sets produced for the film were pretty cool, im sure there would be much for a second movie. Does anyone know how many LEGO movie sets they came out with in total, i think i got 4-5 but not sure how many there were.

Wait is the little kid the guy with the red cap and green shirt shown when Wyldstyle tells the citizens of Bricksburg to work together?

While I think you could be right about Finn's Dark Ages being a threat for Emmet and everyone else there, let's don't forget they don't belong to Finn. Those are the father's.

I wonder if we'll get to see Finn's LEGO sets in The LEGO Movie 2, since his father mentioned Finn has his own sets and minifigures.

Maybe they could be jealous of Emmet and the gang

Perhaps, but he's still the one playing with them. I mean, what does it matter who they belong to?

And yes, that would be interesting, though I'm not sure how that would relate to the main plot of Finn changing his point of view. Also, maybe his sister will be old enough to have her own Lego sets which could also play a role. Maybe she has Friends sets, which could be the female characters that are supposed to appear in this film.

"Dark Ages" just sounds like an opportunity to see more "Darkness"

...blacked out windows...in the basement...middle of the night! Other places that are dark.

You get it, that's just the first verse.

Yeah, but either way, I'm sure it will make TLG super rich. Kinda makes it better.

:laugh:

Does anyone know how many LEGO movie sets they came out with in total, i think i got 4-5 but not sure how many there were.

With this year's sets, there are 20 sets, plus the CMFs, 6 polybags, and a few rare exclusive/promotional sets. You can see all of them here.

Wait is the little kid the guy with the red cap and green shirt shown when Wyldstyle tells the citizens of Bricksburg to work together?

No, that's just a random minifigure kid. We're talking about Finn, the son of the Man Upstairs. :wink:

From a Q&A session with Lord & Miller:

They didn't want to go into spoilers, but they did say that they're writing the second Lego Movie right now and that it will focus on Emmett and his sister in a “weird, dystopian version of Bricksburg.” The time frame is gonna be a few years after the events of the last movie as well.

This is a bit strange since Bricksburg was already a sort of dystopia in the first movie, but perhaps it will be a more straightforward dystopia in this one. Sounds like this movie will indeed be about Finn's Dark Age. Either way, this confirms the first new female character! I wonder what Emmet's sister is like.

Emmet's sister?? :wacko:

A weird and (even more) dystopian version of Bricksburg sounds interesting.

From a Q&A session with Lord & Miller:

This is a bit strange since Bricksburg was already a sort of dystopia in the first movie, but perhaps it will be a more straightforward dystopia in this one. Sounds like this movie will indeed be about Finn's Dark Age. Either way, this confirms the first new female character! I wonder what Emmet's sister is like.

Woah, definitely interesting.

Edited by just2good

I think the dystopian element will be from Finn and his dad (and probably little sister) rebuilding Bricksburg in Finn's more "wacky" style (as seen in the alternate builds for the 2-in-1 sets), and then Finn hitting his Dark Age and forgetting about it. Emmet's sister will probably be Finn's sister's favorite character, just as Emmet was Finn's.

Watch Emmet's sister be Emma from Friends.

YES! Make that happen! :-D

Anyways, that reminds me of the lack of Friends characters in the first movie. I really hope they bring in mini-dolls, maybe have one of them as a side-kick or something.

Watch Emmet's sister be Emma from Friends.

Why would Emmet's sister live in another world? :look:

And while Emmet is a minifigure, she is a minidoll, that would be like a different race

Why would Emmet's sister live in another world? :look:

And while Emmet is a minifigure, she is a minidoll, that would be like a different race

I was basing it off of this pretty good response:

I think the dystopian element will be from Finn and his dad (and probably little sister) rebuilding Bricksburg in Finn's more "wacky" style (as seen in the alternate builds for the 2-in-1 sets), and then Finn hitting his Dark Age and forgetting about it. Emmet's sister will probably be Finn's sister's favorite character, just as Emmet was Finn's.