TheLegoPerson9

Do you have any other hobbies?

I mostly have other hobbies like art and drawing my original characters.

Cyber_Guy_Card.png

I know there's already a topic about posting your own art, but it seems that topic was dead or not. I should post my art in that topic?

Edited by legofanatic12

Lego probably consumes the most of my free time. But basketball is my favorite hobby. With every other hobby, negative aspects of life distract me, but when I'm playing basketball, there's nothing else in the world. Greatest feeling ever. But besides those, I actually have a pretty extensive coin collection, and I'm starting to play board games, as a way of getting out of video games.

I play a moderate amount of video games, and work on table top gaming mechanics for a system I developed a decade ago. Twice a year, a group gets together and does a 1-shot dungeon-crawl that I GM (one member even travels across the continent for it, which is both awesome and awkward to me).

My main hobby (even moreso than LEGO, really) is character design, though. So much so that I was, at one point in my youth, pursuing it professionally. When I realized I didn't have the right temperament or competitive streak to do it for a living, I stopped, and didn't do anything art-related for fifteen years. About three years ago I started doodling again, and now I spend about an hour (at least) a day in front of a sketchpad.

I enjoy playing WWE and CoD games.

I also read philosophy quotes, and the occasional essay about misconceptions or logical fallacies.

I collect/Play "Magic the gathering" cards and also play games on PC/PS4.

I guess if I had more room i'd pick up more hobbies but right now this is all I have room for.

Aside from LEGO, I enjoy geology (I have a degree in it even) and I collect rock, mineral and fossil specimens. For the less "collective" type hobbies, I am also very into sketch and computer drawing, mostly related to either fantasy or self-invented biomechanical beings based around cars, and am absolutely addicted to playing Grumpy Sparrows. I also enjoy a bit of travelling and visiting museums, especially if related somewhat to cars or geology, I used to also collect diecast model cars (but when I got into LEGO, I had no more money or space from them, plus where I normally purchased them shut down), and when I was younger, it was collecting and playing trading cards, including Pokemon, Chaotic and Dinosaur King (stopped those since I got into the former too late, and the latter two just disappeared). Yes, you could say I have far too many hobbies :laugh:

However, having recently became ill, I've been unable to do any of them, except a little forum browsing :cry_sad:

I like cars and guns. In fact, gun fans would be as impressed with my gun collection as AFOLs would be of my Lego collection.

I have a couple of others "hobbies."

I collect hockey jerseys.

I like my Pontiacs, do some very customization on them (just minor stuff).

I do hockey photography for fun and some other junk with photography, two of my pics are decorating the office (public area of the workplace)

I collect Transformers

I don't really consider myself a Lego collector. I think that's where we have a divide in the forum. I like saying that I have a rare set, but I'm not really looking to complete something or whatever. I just want to play with the stuff and enjoy it. I don't let sun touch my lego anymore, and I wouldn't consider editing bricks or anything, but to me it's a functional toy like my cars, and while it pains me to have stone chips on the cars, and the such I still drive them when I can. What bothers me with the lego is that as an adult lego dude I'm reluctant to mix and match sets, when I was a kid that's it I did!! I want to get over that hurdle.

I play a lot of games in my free time, Xbox One and PC mostly.

Also I love to watch TV shows, movies and anime.

Hmmmm, I used to play Epic Armageddon at a club here Perth when I had spare time, you know, that stuff that's filled up with house reno's, family stuff and kids :laugh:

These days there is a motorbike engine in the shed in pieces, the backyard needs to be levelled for a new shed and the front yard needs to be done in crushed limestone.

But yeh, LEGO and Xbox 360 fill in any spare time these days.

For the past few years, animation, photography and cycling are my main hobbies along with Lego.

I also do drawing, comic book making, action figure collecting, model making and car restoration.

Just last week I began learning to code for video games, and a friend and I have began work on an independant project that takes place after school and work hours.

Working and owning vintage tractors

sounds sad but like lego when you get the bug there is no stopping you bar the wife

Funny to see that quite a few here also love old cars. For me it's Citroëns from the 70s and 80s. I have a 1975 GS (smallish fastback sedan with air cooled 4-cylinder boxer engine and hydropneumatic suspension) which right now is undergoing restoration. Hope to have it back on the road in 2–3 years.

But my hobby that I invest most time in is singing. I have sung in choirs since my childhood and currently are in a small choir of quite high level where I'm also in charge of the finances.

Too many areas of interest! That is the problem!I

I love everything connected to World War 2 history and used to be fanatical about collecting 1:6 scale action figures mainly by companies like Dragon and Dragon in Dreams. I still have most of that collection.

I also collect Hasbro Star Wars and have the odd Masterpiece Transformer or two.

The other big pastime is collecting Soviet and East German Cold war memorabilia, especially hats and badges.

While this isn't really what my other hobbies are currently, because thinking about it I find I don't really have any at the moment. They are the hobbies I wish I could get back into. I used to collect and paint 1:64 cars, not so much since 2011. Mountain biking and working on my cars. My friends all have jobs and getting time has become difficult for mtn. biking. I love autos and motorcycles, reflected in my car and LEGO collections. I used to work on them, installing or modding parts for personalization. As for working on my vehicles now, some moron pulled out in front of me at a red light, 9/11/11, and killed my 92' Trooper. As for my Tiburon, I decided to cease on any further mods to get more power because they just get more and more expensive the deeper you go and because it's a 7yr old V6 Tiburon so... do the math. I sold my motorcycle and haven't bought another one yet.

I suppose other than work, now all I do is watch some tv or play GTAV on weekdays and going out with friends on the weekend. Pretty black and white... Oh, I do love to eat different or new things, or just a lot. Kinda in a late 20's rut :sceptic::classic:

I've d all sorts over the years, and go through phases where they re-emerge on a whim. Things I'd perhaps call a hobby currently are Viking re-enactment (i.e. metal weapons rather than foam) although finding the time with a family and a cross city trek by bus for training is difficult, geocaching, food, board games (playing and designing), and with a new house I guess gardening will appear on the list. Recently warhammer 40Ks dropped off. pricewise I can't really justify that anymore for the time I get to spend doing it with a young kid around. I suppose reading/films also go on. I'm probably missing stuff there too.

I used to be a huge sports fan -- but then I got older, started a family and you slowly have to "prune" your hobby tree and now LEGO is left standing as the undisputed king of the hill. Ain't nothing going to knock it off.

Ho, ho, ho, where do I start?

Boardgaming (more like modern boardgames with pretty bits and pieces and storylines and clever math mechanics than traditional like chess and backgammon).

Coin collecting.

Bill tracking (no, really, you track banknote serial numbers, and where in the country they reappear later).

Emulating old vg consoles.

Reading about serious topics (like history and anthropology).

Collectible card games like Android:Netrunner and Magic the Gathering.

Athletics and weightlifting (some minor stuff for well-being rather than record-setting).

Science fiction, since I was a kid.

I have no idea if movies are a hobby, but I like watching entire series of sequels and constructing a storyline.

well, of course, I am not huge in all of those, I like to nibble on different things one by one.

Edited by Iori_Yagami

I recently got interested in GoPro. So now I am designing GoPro things made from LEGO. Combining two hobbies, what could be better? Two expensive hobbies oh,well my wife knows I'm expensive ;)

Andy D

Hi,

I used to paint Warhammer figurines and playing with it but I got children and stopped it now because I have less time to paint. But I still keep my collection locked in a closet. Who knows... They could be out some day.

So mainly stays RPG and boardgaming with my wife and with my friends...

and of course when I went out of my dark age 1 year ago more or less, LEGO took place in my hobbys list.

I used to LOVE train things, wooden, Model railway (h0, N), LEGO, plastic but with this ONLY being things with trains I decided to stop most types, and I now only buy LEGO trains

And like all other teenage dude I like gaming :wink: not gonna spend my time describing all the games I play, I bet nobody minds...