Gday.

SO after finishing the build of my 42030 Wheel Loader, I noticed the drive function wasn't working properly, it was lurching like a learner driver in a manual, bunnyhopping almost would be an apt description. I discovered that the rear wheels turn the correct way when I go to drive the thing, but the front wheels go in reverse. Somewhere along the drive-train there seems to be an issue with the rotation of the gears transferring power from the rear to the front, but I just can't work it out. The only spare gears I got were 2 beige bevel gears, and I'm not sure if they are indeed spares or ones missing from the build. Here is a picture of the drive-train if someone could maybe upload another picture, with the drive-train in there's. Can anyone work out what the problem might be? (http://i.imgur.com/SkNWyju.jpg)

Gday.

SO after finishing the build of my 42030 Wheel Loader, I noticed the drive function wasn't working properly, it was lurching like a learner driver in a manual, bunnyhopping almost would be an apt description. I discovered that the rear wheels turn the correct way when I go to drive the thing, but the front wheels go in reverse. Somewhere along the drive-train there seems to be an issue with the rotation of the gears transferring power from the rear to the front, but I just can't work it out. The only spare gears I got were 2 beige bevel gears, and I'm not sure if they are indeed spares or ones missing from the build. Here is a picture of the drive-train if someone could maybe upload another picture, with the drive-train in there's. Can anyone work out what the problem might be? (http://i.imgur.com/SkNWyju.jpg)

Hello! Try to change one of differential's direction. It can help you.

Aah wow, that simple huh, Alright I'll give it a go. Thanks very much you two. =D

Classic 4WB mistake :tongue:

We've all been there :laugh:

I know I'm late to the party, but after advice for the same issue I think. This is my first Technic build and after it not wanting to move properly, I've realised the front two wheels go one way, and the back two wheels the other...oops. I'm just not sure what exactly it is I'm supposed to change about, any help would be muchly appreciated

20 minutes ago, Mollance said:

I know I'm late to the party, but after advice for the same issue I think. This is my first Technic build and after it not wanting to move properly, I've realised the front two wheels go one way, and the back two wheels the other...oops. I'm just not sure what exactly it is I'm supposed to change about, any help would be muchly appreciated

Flip the differential, since I can't seem to upload a photo of the actual part here is a link to a photo. :thumbup:

Edit: Here is the photo.

62821b.png

Edited by NXT45
Added photo.

Thanks for the reply, didn't expect anything so quick, lol. Well, I managed to do it, and it was the back one too, that'll teach me to not check in. In fairness, at the start my 6 yo was doing it, so he did pretty well to be fair. All driving fine now, but I do have another issue, so I'll start trawling threads again tomorrow ?

Thanks again guys