Sign in to follow this  
Starwars4J

Project Recovery

Hi everyone. In order to help, I've created a maj account to share pictures. Over the past few months, I've saved several pictures that really inspired me, which in hindsight was a good thing! I don't know who made what, but hopefully this would be better than nothing, no?

The account located at http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z10/AFOL_Recovery/, the name is AFOL_Recovery and the password is savepics. Why am I telling you this? Because I need your help, of course! All your favorite pictures, everything that inspired you, everything you hope never gets lost, all the pics saved on your computer that are not your own...I want you to upload them there.

I'm going to make several sub-folders that were just like those at Brickshelf. I'd like you to keep this in mind while uploading, so it will be easier for people to fine their pics.

Please keep in mind that this is not a replacement for brickshelf, this is just a way to recover your old pictures. If you find your old pictures, once you save them to your HD, PLEASE DELETE THEM from the maj account.

I really hope this works, and I really hope you help out the community. Thanks everyone!

Edit: Remember that someone else may be trying to upload when you are, and that might log you out. If that happens, just wait awhile and try again later. Upload the pics as a zip for fastest results.

Edit 2: I've remade it on photobucket. Info updated.

Edit 3: Due to a series of problems with people abusing the system, I've changed the password. PM me on the new log-in details. This is to prevent someone from coming in and sabotaging the whole thing. Thanks!

Edited by Starwars4J

What an ingenius idea, Jay! (heh, for once I didn't call you Milhouse ;-) )

I'll go straight ahead and find my favourites. ;-) BTW should the folders have specific keywords?

And shall we leave our screen names in the Folder title or description, to keep track of who uploaded what?

What an ingenius idea, Jay! (heh, for once I didn't call you Milhouse ;-) )

I'll go straight ahead and find my favourites. ;-) BTW should the folders have specific keywords?

And shall we leave our screen names in the Folder title or description, to keep track of who uploaded what?

Hey, if you check I re-created all the main folders of brickshelf that I remember. If I missed any, feel free to add them. Don't create a folder just for yourself, and try to sort them the way you found them in brickshelf :P

Please note that this is not a replacement for brickshelf. This is just a way for people to recover pictures they've lost.

In fact, I'll update the first post with that

Please note that this is not a replacement for brickshelf. This is just a way for people to recover pictures they've lost.

In fact, I'll update the first post with that

Oh, when I said this:

You thought that I thought that you thought we could upload our own pictures, to act like deeplinks or replacement galleries?

That wasn't my intention. I just thought it could be useful to know who uploaded it. ;-)

Ah, yeah that's what I thought you meant, sorry for the confusion! I'd rather you didn't leave your name, why bother? It will be much cleaner just to have people anonymously donate the pictures they've found :-)

Genius! I wanted to help out the effort, so I created a folder for the Pirate theme, since there wasn't one up there already. I put up some of my pirate things that I luckily saved.

(Am am also promoting this effort on my signature block! Recover on!)

Edited by SirNadroj

Ehm.. Did anyone save the pics of my Classic Traffic Police car? :-D I don't have them on this PC, and I really need them for the Police vehicle contest.. :-$

EDIT: Did you make subfolders or not? *wacko* The main folder is empty! 8-

Edited by UniqueBuilder

Kevin, the creator of Brickshelf decided to WIPE the entire project, leaving the following message:

Brickshelf will not be returning. Real life events have prevented the running of the site, and I do not wish to pass the site into others hands. Therefore the site has been permanently closed.

- Kevin

What a f'king megablocks. I'm re-creating the entire thing in a few hours on a new image hosting site. This message will be shown on several sites. Thanks and stay with it!

Edit: Apparently it was one of our own members, and NOT Kevin. Apologies on the confusion, and shame on the jerk who decided to play on the heat of the moment.

Edited by Starwars4J

Ah, good idea. It's sounds better than stuffing everything into a single thread, anyway. I hope no one abuses this idea.

Kevin, the creator of Brickshelf decided to WIPE the entire project, leaving the following message:

What a f'king megablocks. I'm re-creating the entire thing in a few hours on a new image hosting site. This message will be shown on several sites. Thanks and stay with it!

Can I ask where you acquired that quote from? I couldn't find it on any of the main LEGO forums. Perhaps I missed it? I'm just happy he finally addressed us.

In case no one's heard about it, a new LEGO hosting site called brickimage.net is being created as we speak. It sounds like the best alternative at the moment.

That message was left in a file in the maj.com account called "recovery" with password "savepics". It's possible it wasn't Kevin though. I mean, anyone who read this thread knew the account and password, so really anyone who wanted to could have deleted all the pics in there and left that message. It wasn't definitely Kevin. I feel like if he wanted to make such a statement, he wouldn't just leave it in a text file in a Maj account.

It wasn't Kevin. It was Tilius, AKA Zane. Here's some quotes --

Tilius - New AT-AT: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Tilius/2...-2007/10178.jpg siger:

oh yeah

Tilius - New AT-AT: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Tilius/2...-2007/10178.jpg siger:

I did something egg dispenser-ish again

http://eurobricks.hosting.ipsyn.com/eurofo...opic=10424&st=0

The quote from Kevin on this page that he apparently left

It was me really

XD

Don't tell them though

From MSN.

-Ikk

Edited by Ikki o' Moopyville

I have a ton of ancient MoC pictures of other peoples stuff - and I mean ancient, 2001 vintage - on m' other compy. Ill try to get them to someone so they can be uploaded - I personally hate Photobucket :)

EDIT: All hands for a "Egad! Ban Zane!"? Or at the very least, send this pestilent, traitorous, cow-hearted, yeasty codpiece to the brig!

Edited by Lord Admiral Helden Ravensdorn

From MSN.

-Ikk

Sheesh, somebody should remove that "quote" so nobody gets confused. It didn't take long for that public folder to be abused, heh.

Edit: On second thought, maybe Starwars4j should only reveal the password through pm's for those of us who want to help with this project.

Edited by Berry Syedow

How could he just wipe everything? I was worried, scared, now ANGRY. All our work. Gone. :-(

Hey, what happened to the pirate pics I put up?

Edited by SirNadroj

all the pics saved on your computer that are not your own...I want you to upload them there.

oh man, i have about 1,3 GB of saved pics. this will take a long time *sweet*

maybe i'd better get an own account.

rgds

sebastian

Sheesh, somebody should remove that "quote" so nobody gets confused. It didn't take long for that public folder to be abused, heh.

Edit: On second thought, maybe Starwars4j should only reveal the password through pm's for those of us who want to help with this project.

I have added a Space folder to the MAJ account.

I read this thread after I did that so I had no idea about the Photobucket folder. :-$

I have also removed the "quote" since it served no purpose whatsoever.

Sending the password through PM might be a good idea if there are any more people thinking they're

being funny by deleting pics.

Anyway, great initiative.

Let's hope it doesn't get abused again.

From MSN.

-Ikk

Ikk this is a very strong accusation, when did Zane tell you he did this? Also what else did he say?