Sign in to follow this  
ficbot

MOC: Stephanie's Cafeteria (modular!)

Hi everyone

I am very excited to share this creation with you. I just completed a big sort and mix of all my Friends pieces, so I could build my own stuff, and this is my first one. I used to keep the sets a little separate (I grouped them by categories and binned them 2 or 3 together) but I was getting frustrated that I would sometimes need pieces from other boxes. and my stepson was getting them all mixed up when he played. So I did the big sort this week and merged everything. And this is my first creation I made using ALL the pieces!

​I think it is a much higher level than my previous stuff, and when I think back to last year, when I first started Lego, I am embarrassed at what I posted. I think this is much more sophisticated and I really tried to make it nice. I used some techniques like the flower boxes which I learned from building sets, but the only part of this build which came from instructions was the pizza oven---I had just picked up the Stephanie's Pizzeria set and loved the pizza oven, but I was disappointed we didn't get a full restaurant with it so that inspired this build.

This is my first attempt at a modular building, and I am currently working on a dorm room, a pet shop and an electronics store to go with the cafeteria. I hope you like this build! I welcome any constructive feedback for ways I can improve my stuff.

Overview:

16194625102_e90a63d89a_b.jpgModular #1! by ficbot, on Flickr

Right side detail:

16169603746_8afe222358_b.jpgModular #1! by ficbot, on Flickr

Left side detail:

16193569801_f25e74baf5_b.jpgModular #1! by ficbot, on Flickr

Exterior:

16195453535_7f88035510_b.jpgModular #1! by ficbot, on Flickr

Window shot:

16169589236_8164224357_b.jpgModular #1! by ficbot, on Flickr

Nice. I think the oven, stove, rear counter could be higher up for worker ergonomics. They look low for Stephanie. If she has to bend all day, it could be bad for her back.

It has almost everything a restaurant needs, a nice kitchen, lots of food, something to read while you eat, and eating space. Too bad there isn't any more space for a second table though, one isn't that many.

Also, are the dorm, pet shop, and electronics store going to be separate buildings or extra floors to this?