UrbanErwin

[MOC] Switch Engine UW

Hello all,

I want to present you all my newest MOC:

16193911515_9824a24bb3_c.jpg

Switch Engine UW [front/right] by UrbanErwin(EPJL), on Flickr

It is an switcher for railyards. The build is 7 studs wide.

15574093623_566e27e847_c.jpg

Switch Engine UW [front/left] by UrbanErwin(EPJL), on Flickr

16193109852_92bb513947_c.jpg

Switch Engine UW [back] by UrbanErwin(EPJL), on Flickr

15571514564_6acee35c92_c.jpg

Switch Engine UW

by UrbanErwin(EPJL), on Flickr

16008115747_d9e87d9aa2_c.jpg

Switch Engine UW

It is used by the fictional company UW.

As you can see my sticker skills are far from perfect.

Thanks for reading,

Comments, constructive criticism and likes are always appreciated.

Erwin

by UrbanErwin(EPJL), on Flickr

It's got some good looking proportions and I like the fact that it's a 7-wide. I think the SNOT grille half-brick offset on the right hand side is a nice detail.

Nicely done on the cab windows.

Thank you

It's got some good looking proportions and I like the fact that it's a 7-wide. I think the SNOT grille half-brick offset on the right hand side is a nice detail.

Thanks, 7-wide is in my opinion a great scale to work with, a little more room for detail, but still compatible with sets.

I personally try to avoid STAMPS (STickers Across Many PieceS) in my MOCs as it makes sticker application easier and neater. The UW logo beneath the cab window could fit on a 1 x 4 brick which could be centered by changing some of the bricks for plates (or just changing the build sequence beneath the window). A rather minor quibble....

Dan-147

My Magic: The Gathering background left me unable to read the thread as anything other than "Switch Engine Blue-White".

That said, it's a charming little engine with wonderful proportions. There's some excellent SNOT work going on here, with the grills and other details adding interest without making the engine too busy-looking.

Edited by jtlan

Looks really great!

I love the extreme compact design full of excellent details like the snotted window and that incredible door!

I like also the yellow used for the very front part

I personally try to avoid STAMPS (STickers Across Many PieceS) in my MOCs as it makes sticker application easier and neater. The UW logo beneath the cab window could fit on a 1 x 4 brick which could be centered by changing some of the bricks for plates (or just changing the build sequence beneath the window). A rather minor quibble....

Dan-147

Thanks for the advice, I will keep this in mind the next time

My Magic: The Gathering background left me unable to read the thread as anything other than "Switch Engine Blue-White".

That said, it's a charming little engine with wonderful proportions. There's some excellent SNOT work going on here, with the grills and other details adding interest without making the engine too busy-looking.

Thank you for the compliments

I like this little diesel engine, It is typical of the many industrial engines out there.

Thanks

Looks really great!

I love the extreme compact design full of excellent details like the snotted window and that incredible door!

I like also the yellow used for the very front part

Thanks, you are the first to notice the door.