Sign in to follow this  
Vorkosigan

MOD: Galaxy Squad Dropship - Based On 70709

So I wanted to make something more useful from the spaceship part of the Galactic Titan. It has that big open area in the back where it meshes to the tracked portion, so I thought what if I put a crew compartment there. Apologies if something like this has already been done. The idea is that this is now a dropship used for rapid deployment of an elite squad from orbit to the ground.

xSkapgbl.jpg

The landing mechanisms have been modified for more vertical descent and a simple adjustable nose gun added.

tKqZrUsl.jpg

My personal favorite part is this custom label.

oU6rsmkl.jpg

DrMeVISl.jpg

pEJMWshl.jpg

Lastly here is a cutaway view of the interior loaded up and ready to roll.

Looks nice! I especially like the black and yellow warning symbols - nice touch!

Have you thought about making the compartment detachable? The ship flies down, drops the container onto the battlefield, and flies away, etc.

Very nice additional modification to add the hold at the rear for troops transport.

Looks nice! I especially like the black and yellow warning symbols - nice touch!

Have you thought about making the compartment detachable? The ship flies down, drops the container onto the battlefield, and flies away, etc.

Thanks! I originally intended for it to detach, but struggled with making it compact enough with a full roof and detachment mechanism. As it is the squad compartment looks rather bulky especially from below. I'm sure it could be done with some more clever modifications.

Edited by Vorkosigan