kabel

Market Day in Thorshaven

In case anyone ever wondered why I never build anything big, the answer is Thorshaven!

And for those of you who already know my city, here are some new additions:

Market day in Thorshaven:

In the center of Thorshaven, right at the city hall, you can find the town's market square. It's a place of commerce:

16182362102_a95faa5d00_c.jpg

and of customers obsessed with quality:

15997326127_698c28ebc5_c.jpg

It also the place to speak up and have the people hear your message:

16157312746_8870dc0c39_c.jpg

and last but not least, behind the scenes there also is a lot of hard work, like in this case the barrel maker:

16181242201_4e5ab0fb17_c.jpg

All in all, just the right place to be on market day:

15560752984_751a20ea65_c.jpg

and in case you were wondering what Thorshaven actually looks like as a whole these days, here's a pic of the latest configuration:

16157455946_a08f5a5875_c.jpg

A great addition kabel, I like the colorfulness of the different buildings and your red and dark red roofs are really nice (especially the one composed of round bricks!). Nice to see an overview picture as well, the size of the layout so far is really impressive! :thumbup:

Thorshaven looks good. I don't think I've seen much of the city before, so thanks for the overview pic.

Is the lady going to throw the bad cheese?

I like the market square buildings (esp. choice of colour) and the city hall (arches!).

Thanks for the feedback guys!

@Tomsche: I managed to fill the gab that was still visible at the BMA! Synbiote wanted the barrel maker, so he got one!

@Kai: when you grow up in a city like this:

image3-jpg.jpg

things come kinda natural ...

@Brauny: yes, she's about to throw it! That's why the cheese vendor looks so scared ... you can actually find a whole history of the city here.

Thanks for the link! :sweet:

Impressive, what is the English word for "Heimvorteil"?

Ok, you have a "home field advantage" :laugh:

What a nice little town this is becoming! :wub: Also love your IRL town, i can see where the inspiration is coming from. :thumbup:

Great marketplace and houses kabel, excellent color choices on the walls and roofs! :thumbup:

It's awesome to see Thorshaven continue growing! :wink:

<snip>

Now that's pretty neat! First hand inspiration! Here every other house is painted a deep mustard yellow. Seriously!

Wow! You just keep improvings your Thorshaven modules every time! I really like the fact that you are keeping them all assembled! The red roofs made of round bricks is so good! I have to order some round bricks for my self!

Is it Albion I see in the crowd? How is he doing? Long time since I saw him! =)

Thanks guys. I'm just really glad I can still stir some excitement with my project. Actually it's by no.means done yet but Progress has become slow, since it also need some bricks for normal mocing.

@Jorrith: the IRL town is called Wernigerode and it's becoming quite a favourite for Dutch retirees ;-)

@kai: I believe you. The neighborhood that I once lived in just outside Seattle too had some pretty bizarre rules on color!

@dg: I have to keep it together because my kids love to play with it. Of course it's hurting the wallet to keep all bricks tied up in the project. But at least I have something to present on Lego shows! And yes, it's Albion. He Iikes to obseve political speeches at the town hall!

Always a pleasure to see more of Thorshaven :wub: The market section is fabulous, especially the cheese episode :laugh:

The 1x1 brick round roof looks great as does the dark green/black house (I may try that colorscheme myself in the future :wink: ).

One of the overall most impressive layouts in GoH, and it just keeps getting better!

Great to see more added to Thorshaven, kabel!

The different styles of houses and shops are marvelous! It is a good thing you live in a town that gives such wonderful inspiration! The activity of the scene and business of the market are very fitting for your growing town. I am looking forward to more!

Thanks for the praise guys, it helps to keep on adding to this (sinking even more money into this). And those who want to see the whole thing have to come to Antwerp in November.

Wow, Thorshaven is looking really great. So cool to see it expanding. I love the roof built out of those 1x1 red/dark red cylinders. Looks awesome! Great work! How large re you planning to make Thorshaven, or don't you have a set size in mind?

Man that is massive! It is really looking great, I love all the details added throughout! What does the finished Thorshaven look like in your mind/plan? How big are you planning to make it, and how long do you think it will take?

Wow the layout is getting bigger and bigget! Lovely market there with lots of action going on ;)

Thanks dudes!

As for the question of how big this is going to end up, well as you can all see there are still empty spaces to the left and the right and I will also add two more water modules to the front of this. And finally, I might also add another row of half modules to the back. But I'm definetely done with ships, I suppose ...

Beautiful, vividly-colored, and lively -- a wonderfully cohesive build. I just love that round brick roofing technique.

Every addition to Thorshaven has been superb and this one is no different! Love the colours, and the details packed in. Makes me want to produce a market scene for Shadowmere!