Robert8

Seasonal 2015

Probably more aimed at adult fans. They're produced in pretty limited quantities and I've never seen them available anywhere but the LEGO stores.

I do see kids who MOC a lot buying some of those sets. The pieces really do stand out no matter how old you are. :thumbup:

Makes sense, actually more than likely, thinking back the valentines set is unlikely to be top of every 10 year olds list either! Anyway ordered my two holiday sets, now I just have to locate the first two since I missed out on those!

I didn't feel making a whole new thread for what is essentially a 5-minute mod, chronicled by pictures taken with a potato... but here is my attempt at making the Gingerbread House look like the comfiest thing!

20151223_083839.jpg

The multicoloured transparent 1x1 plates all needed to be replaced with yellow ones (clear and orange would probably look nice too) because the other colours blocked the light. The younger version of me was fascinated by Cinemoid and Perspex samples, so I should have anticipated this. Oh, here's the mess inside:

20151222_233749.jpg

The mounting points for the lightbricks are provided by a sort of Middle Manager, which also keeps the door shut. The lightbricks' buttons stay pressed in thanks to the plates upon which the roof gables are built, but some simple additions were necessary to push down the button for the back window. Some lightbricks needed to be opened up to have their contacts bent out and allow the buttons enough prominence for this to work; resulting in the "resurrection" of some faulty ones which were having delusions of being strobe lights.

Save a lightbrick today! Or send it to me.