TeClem8

[TC6] MAN Transport truck with crane on the back + Instructions

Just very curious about them.

Sometimes I am just like a little kid in a candystore.

Hope to win the lotery one day and start building till my hands fall off.

Just very curious about them.

Sometimes I am just like a little kid in a candystore.

Hope to win the lotery one day and start building till my hands fall off.

Haha, the spirit is there indeed! :laugh:

Best of luck on the lottery! :thumbup:

Haha !

I am honored by the interest you wear at my truck !

But I'm sorry, I was not able to propose progress the 3D.

However, I received the Sbrick and tried quickly in my truck. It's really interesting, even if I m unable to configure it correctly.

How to reverse the rotation of a motor with the joystick in the design profil ?

wow - came across this thanks to the impatient thread bump. Great model TeClem8! Great combination of look and function. :thumbup:

Hi my friends !

Happy New Year 2016 !

A little video to celebrate!

And yes, building instructions are done !

Click here !

iso1.jpg

iso2.jpg

guts.jpg

iso5.jpg

Hope you like it :wink:

Special thanks to Legolijntje, Theo van Vroenhoven & Blakbird.

Edited by TeClem8

I like it so :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: much :wink:

will probably buy your instructions - seems to be quite good buildable with a 8258+42009+8070+9397 - but maybe i will build it in red instead of yellow...

I like it so :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: much :wink:

will probably buy your instructions

This is making my problem of choosing the MOC to build after the beautiful Backhoe V2 by Jurgen Krooshoop bigger.

Sure, there must be someone out there that can build it.

Don't know if anyone wants to.

You could ask them builders of MOC's.

There are those who build anything if you pay for it, but won't be cheap.

I ain't one of those builders, I just buy instructions from them, collect the parts and rebuild there model.

@TeClem8:

currently building your outstanding truck - the BI and the building experience is a real pleasure - nevertheless i have a question:

At page 20 in step 38 and 39 you prepare bracing the LBG gearbox stuff to the vertical 7L black beam with a black axle and pin connector perpendicular (step 39) and a blue axle pin (from step 38). I'm wondering why the same will never be done on the other (left) side - IMHO this is an error in the BI because the LBG beams bearing the gearbox should also be braced on the left side.

So here my question: Is this lacked intentionally or is this an error?

Thanks for answering!

Edited by Kumbbl

@TeClem8:

currently building your outstanding truck - the BI and the building experience is a real pleasure - nevertheless i have a question:

At page 20 in step 38 and 39 you prepare bracing the LBG gearbox stuff to the vertical 7L black beam with a black axle and pin connector perpendicular (step 39) and a blue axle pin (from step 38). I'm wondering why the same will never be done on the other (left) side - IMHO this is an error in the BI because the LBG beams bearing the gearbox should also be braced on the left side.

So here my question: Is this lacked intentionally or is this an error?

Thanks for answering!

I hope you don't mind it's me answering, but I've made the instructions, so I guess that's fine too :wink:

It is not an error in the instructions, the not-reinforced side will house an M motor. So, there'll be no space for a black beam like that on that side.

There are however a few other minor errors in the instructions, which were reported by other builders. TeClem was hoping to release the errata this week or next week I believe. Most of the errors are quite small, there are three I'd like to point out to you (hopefully still on time):

• On page 80 and 81: the front assembly is attached by 4 black pins with axle-holder. The two pins furthest to the front will rub against the wheels slightly when steering. You'll either have to move these two back 1 hole (which will make the model maybe a little less stable, not sure, never tested...), or get a little creative and replace them with standard 2L black pins. This was an oversight. On the originial model they were all 4 normal 2L black pins, but were replaced by the 4 longer ones for ease of installation. Apparently that wasn't a good idea :grin:
  • On page 155/156: you should attached the installed module with 2 2L axles going through these parts on the long beam. If you know what I mean...
  • On page 251, step 19: you should add a black 3L beam and two half-bushes on the 4L and 9L axles, under the tan gears.

I hope you don't mind it's me answering, but I've made the instructions, so I guess that's fine too :wink:

It is not an error in the instructions, the not-reinforced side will house an M motor. So, there'll be no space for a black beam like that on that side.

ähm, no - you are wrong - the M-motor for switching the gears is housed at the right side of the truck (if you look from rear to front) - and at this right side the bracing has been done - see page 20, step 38 and 39 (here are the preparements) and see page 30, step 60 (here the bracing itself is done via a 3L blue pin!

I'm asking why on the left side (again looking from rear to front), where NO further motor will be housed, this bracing is not be done - AFAIS in the BI there is no reason why this bracing should not be done... so the mysterium is that the reinforced side will house a M motor whereas thre NOT reinforced side will not - so exactly the very reverse of your answer ... ;-) at least if we talk about the same reinforcement (i talk about that which is done at page 30, step 60 and which is prepared at page 20 steps 38 and 39...)

Could you please check again, thank you!

BTW-1: of course i do not mind it's you answering ;-)

BTW-2: overall this BI are a real pleasure to follow and have a really very high quality, near TLG-quality!

There are however a few other minor errors in the instructions, which were reported by other builders. TeClem was hoping to release the errata this week or next week I believe. Most of the errors are quite small, there are three I'd like to point out to you (hopefully still on time):

• On page 80 and 81: the front assembly is attached by 4 black pins with axle-holder. The two pins furthest to the front will rub against the wheels slightly when steering. You'll either have to move these two back 1 hole (which will make the model maybe a little less stable, not sure, never tested...), or get a little creative and replace them with standard 2L black pins. This was an oversight. On the originial model they were all 4 normal 2L black pins, but were replaced by the 4 longer ones for ease of installation. Apparently that wasn't a good idea :grin:
  • On page 155/156: you should attached the installed module with 2 2L axles going through these parts on the long beam. If you know what I mean...
  • On page 251, step 19: you should add a black 3L beam and two half-bushes on the 4L and 9L axles, under the tan gears.

thank you for these hints, very valueable!

Edited by Kumbbl

Oh, I see what you mean. I was looking at another part.

Indeed it looks like there's a few pieces missing there. I have no idea where this error comes from (and it actually surprises me this one has never been found before). :wacko:

Looking at the 3d model, there's no harm in placing an extra reinforcement there like on the other side. So, I guess it's missing indeed.

While we are at it, there is a MSG 48989 missing - its accounted for in the parts list, but not in the instructions. On page 63, step 2, add a second 48989, same position on the opposite end. Looks like this is important for structural reasons. It will be positioned between the 4 blue pin 3L's placed in step 3.

On p. 270, step 10, I could not see where to place the 1/2 bush, it is not obvious from the diagrams.

By the way, thanks for the updates on the corrections - I will be finished gathering parts this week and will be building this IRL, but using white/blue/black color scheme.

Edited by JGW3000

Oh, I see what you mean. I was looking at another part.

Indeed it looks like there's a few pieces missing there. I have no idea where this error comes from (and it actually surprises me this one has never been found before). :wacko:

Looking at the 3d model, there's no harm in placing an extra reinforcement there like on the other side. So, I guess it's missing indeed.

Well, good to hear i have understood the model

By the way: the design is outstanding. Not one Part too much. This design has TLG quality. Complex and simple at once. Kudos to TeClem8

While we are at it, there is a MSG 48989 missing - its accounted for in the parts list, but not in the instructions. On page 63, step 2, add a second 48989, same position on the opposite end. Looks like this is important for structural reasons. It will be positioned between the 4 blue pin 3L's placed in step 3.

Well, that's weird. You are indeed right about the part that's missing there, but it actually is in the LDraw model and in one of the older test versions of the instructions, but not in the final instructions (also the reason it already is in the parts list) :wacko:

On p. 270, step 10, I could not see where to place the 1/2 bush, it is not obvious from the diagrams.

Yup, I believe someone else also reported this to TeClem, so it will probably be included in the errata.

In case you're not sure where to put it, it's on the same axle as the tan gear, inside the DBG LA-holder-thing (so it's also on the wrong step, it should be step 8 instead of 10).

By the way, thanks for the updates on the corrections - I will be finished gathering parts this week and will be building this IRL, but using white/blue/black color scheme.

Sounds very nice! Looking forward to a picture :grin::wink:

Thanks for the confirmation Legolijntje, thats were I placed the 1/2 bush, but it was a guess on my part. At the rate I'm going, it will be 3-4 months at best before this gets built, really looking forward to it.

Another error IMHO: page 136, step 9 - IMHO there essentialy must be used a white clutch gear instead of a standard 24th gear for switching gears - otherwise it's quite easy (should i say unavoidable - at least for kids) to damage the housing and fixing of the connected M-motor. In general the fixing and bracing of this gear switching motor looks like a somehow mediocre design - not at the same level of quality than the rest of the model... but when using a white cutch gear it is ok for me and it works well and save - at least i see no disadvantage by using a cutch gear, just a big advantage...

In the same context i would use page 24, step 47 a 7L axle instead of a 6L - then the axle will have a better bearing at step 126, page 137 because it is also beared by the outer LBG triangle...

and on page 140, step 129 the PF 20L extension cable is missed in the "needed parts"-box

and i think on page 142, step 131 it is also safer to use a white clutch gear for driving the outriggers ...

Thoughts?

Edited by Kumbbl

Well, I'm not the creator of the model, just the instuctions so I can't really comment on if there are any design-thoughts behind certain choices.

But, about the clutch gears: yes, in theory it would be better. I have no idea if it'll work as fine though. Especially for the outtriggers, when you're putting the outtriggers on the ground, it might be to much resistance for a clutch gear to really get a sturdy grip. If you know what I mean... :sceptic:

But, after all it's Lego. Just try it and see what happens :laugh::wink:

It's easy enough to brace the M-motor, then the two 1x2 jumpers are no longer needed. Just replace the axle 3 w/knob with axle 4 w/stop, otherwise these extra parts fit right in (I'm missing one blue axle/pin connector to attache 3x3 beam to motor)

M-motor.jpg

Edited by JGW3000

well, the right side bracing with the 3x3 thin liftarm is clever and would work properly, but the left side would not: there is not enough room for placing this black axle and pin connector #1 - cause of these two outer LBG triangles ... anyway: i will apply the right side with the 3x3 liftarm - i think this bracing should be enough...