Sign in to follow this  
BlackVagrant

Which set is the one you enjoyed building the most?

In terms of enjoyment I think my favorite building experience was the original Pizzeria, which I've kept intact from the day it was built. Yes, it's small and simple but I wanted the set badly and the pizzas were great! I also really liked the minifigs in that set. The 10210 Imperial Flagship (Pirates) would probably be number 2.

Giving this a little thought after my earlier response I'd probably say the set I've enjoyed building the most was a pirate ship that my parent's neighbour owned.

He was around 6 or so at the time and his cousins came down and trashed it... so he brought it round while I was visiting and I rebuilt it mostly from finding reference pictures on the internet... it's probably that build that got me out of the dark ages and back into Lego.

Sentai Fortress and the Agents Mobile Command Centre. Two very big builds, one large in space and the other in stature. They were packed with fun features and great figures.

The fortress was to large to keep together, but the command centre is still in one piece, though I did re-fit the interior.

The birds are a very fun set to build (21301) but it is over quick because of low piece count.

So my favorite set to build is 10228 It had me at first sight. But i put it back to return and buy it later instead of carrying around the mall. Never got back to the lego store That day and i let it retire before getting it. So i scalped an old set to buy a scalped set (the haunted house). I had a blast building it. I normally do 75% of a build like this and let the kids do the rest. This time, nope!!! I built it all. muhahahahahaha

My current favorite build would have to be the Death Star Final Duel (75093). It was a really fun build, and the largest for me since returning to LEGO. I agree with someone above who said that the bigger sets are more fun to build.

I think I'm going to go with the Ideas Exo-Suit. I don't know, it's combination of technic and system parts was quite good and I'm a sucker for anything mech-related, especially space mechs!

Benny's Spaceship was also a entertaining build, so many different angles on this one. The wing mechanism was simple, but oh so effective. The flexible hoses were a nice little touch as well.

Out of the two, I can't decide as I both enjoyed their builds for seperate reasons. The Exo suit for it's mix of system and technic and the Spaceship for it's nostalgic and somewhat simplistic build.

It is really a tough question. It goes without saying, that I in general enjoy building LEGO :wink: While thinking about it, I would say something like Winter Village houses. They fit the size of town/city buildings while having more detailed architecture. And then Grand Emporium, my first modular - and favourite one. And finally I would say Research Institute, small as it is, I enjoyed building the small details contained in the set, not least the telescope.

For me it has to be the pirates imperial flagship and the Parisian restaurant.

I don't think it's any coincidence that a lot of modulars make it onto this list; I myself (way back in January) included Green Grocer. It was the first modular I built; I thought the attention to detail in the architecture was phenomenal, and it really reminded of buildings I'd seen in real life, unlike most LEGO city buildings. Parisian Restaurant is a good choice.

But I'm responding because I've also built a few ships, including the POTC ships and fantasy era troll warship... and there's just something about the hugeness of them (with a fair economy of pieces), and the sails and commanding amount of space it all takes that seems really impressive to me. I have the 10210 Imperial Flagship in a box... I have no place to display it once it's done. I'm really looking forward to the day I can build it.

I have a small few,

Star wars republic attack gunship. What I believe is my largest set in terms of piece count, and fun to build, I've done so more than once.

Dino attack t-1 typhoon. That thing is huge, looks awesome, and is just fun.

And a mention to the Bionicle 2015 toa. They were great fun just because of how much I liked the original line.

From the sets I bought since I returned from my dark age, I'd say the Temple of Airjitzu.

For the sets I have now, it will be 60043 Prisoner Transporter because of the untraditional chasis built and the overall look of the set. :thumbup:

Edited by ArmstrongYong

Most definitely 10210 Imperial Flagship. My first D2C set, my first set over £70, and I got it just after surgery, so (as strange as this may seem) I enjoyed the build more as I took my time, appreciating the small details. It stands proudly on my mantelpiece.

From the sets I bought since I returned from my dark age, I'd say the Temple of Airjitzu.

I would have to agree with that one. That and the recent F40. I haven't built many sets this last year (still boxed in the basement) but those two had some very different techniques to achieve very cool shapes :)

I also like all the small details, like the chickens, the rat, the fallen leafs, the hidden stuff (the chests and the stuff in the books), the furniture and other items inside the buildings and so on... Also, the overal model is awesome as display model, a very nice diorama, with fantastic color combinations.

For the fact I rebuild it and it was one of my best castle set I would say the best set I enjoyed to build is the old 6090 royal knight's castle from 1995. I got it new as a present when I was a child and always loved it. There is many enjoyable things in it : soooo many Knights and horses, skeleton, ghost and many play features.

It is just a great set for me.

For me it's 70165, it's my biggest set yet. The most enjoyable was building walls. But I think, in summer 2016 I'll buy a big (120€+) technic set and it'll be more enjoyable because it's technic.

Edited by dimaks13

Mine is definitely the Haunted House. My kids play with this set all year long. I spent some time last night modifying the interior decor, so I had take a good look at the structure. I remembered how much fun I had building it.

The original Falcon. My girlfriend and I spent a late December day on the floor of our living room building it. A few beers and some music made it quite the fun build! It also helped to bring me out of my dark ages and my lovely girlfriend into this wonderful hobby!

7671 At-ap, coming out of about a year without keeping up with lego, building that was awesome. The T-1 Typhoon has been mentioned that was a great build also, but it was a bit too fragile for younger me.

Hmm tough question. 7153-1 JANGOS slave 1 as I was after it for some time or detectives office as it was my 1st modular... but then arkham asylum....ooh I don't know, too many great sets

Definitely 8880 and 8448. Both are great and iconic Technic models.

I loved building the original Clone Turbo Tank and the Grand Emporium.