Sign in to follow this  
Gary The Procrastinator

Prosperity Once More

Updated with a shot of the completed interior, posted below.

My second largest single-build MOC ever. The roof alone consists of 3623 1x1 dark red slope 30 cheese wedges (I'm single-handedly responsible for their price bump on Bricklink...sorry about that!)

16152020215_11303a0168_z.jpg

The architecture is inspired solely from a single photo of one of those staircases from Dankwarderode Castle in Brunswick, Germany. For a rear view, and the full story, just click on the picture or here for the link.

As promised a while ago (though it took longer than I wanted) here is a shot of the interior:

16431436919_08a7e969ec.jpg

Thank you for your comments!

Cheers,

Gary

Edited by Gary The Procrastinator

Wow, that's a fantastic MOC! :classic:

The roof, the wall, the figures...everything looks perfect.

Wow! :sweet:

I love the colors together on this. The details are wonderful.

Wow, that's a fantastic MOC! :classic:

The roof, the wall, the figures...everything looks perfect.

Wow! :sweet:

I love the colors together on this. The details are wonderful.

Love this one. Great colors and quite simple but beautiful.

Thank you very much for your kind comments.

Well designed! More balanced than Dankwarderode castle. Outside is fine - are there interiors to see?

Thank you. I had to make a deadline on this so when the exterior was completed I posted it, but I'm working on an interior now...I'll update this post when I have it done.

Sure you have enough dark red cheese? :wink: Great work!

Can one really ever have enough dark red cheese wedges? :drool: Thanks Graham.

Fascinating roof building and techniques! The all MOC is beautiful. Congrats!

Thank you for your very kind comment.

Awesome build, Gary, the dark red, grey, and dark tan really look very good together here! :thumbup:

Fantastic build, looks very realistic. I like the roof and the color combination. :thumbup:

Spectacular, the colours are great, the details are just as great

WOW - superb is only i can say to this great MOC :classic: .

makrus

Awesome build, Gary, the dark red, grey, and dark tan really look very good together here! :thumbup:

Dzoni90, Steph, markus1984, Garmadon thank you very much for the kind comments, I appreciate it. I'm working on the interior now and will update this post with pictures when complete.

Lovely work Gary, this is a beautiful build!! A fantastic entry, I love how effectively you used the masonry bricks, and that roof is a killer! The 2 chimneys in the back are a great addition to the build as well, does it have an interior?

Lovely work Gary, this is a beautiful build!! A fantastic entry, I love how effectively you used the masonry bricks, and that roof is a killer! The 2 chimneys in the back are a great addition to the build as well, does it have an interior?

Thank you Matthew! Working on the interiors now and I'll update this post when I have the pics taken.

The roof of course is simply incredible, but all the masonry bricks are also fantastic and provide great texture! The various roofs at different heights are great as well. :thumbup:

Thats a BIG and GREAT moc there... Great one mate

Impressive!

Amazing work! You did such a great job. Can't wait to see the interior pics.

The roof of course is simply incredible, but all the masonry bricks are also fantastic and provide great texture! The various roofs at different heights are great as well. :thumbup:

Gunman, blufiji, Wodanis, and Kai thank you very much for your comments, hopefully more progress on the interior this weekend. Cheers!

Having grown up near the real thing I'm actually rather impressed to see this replicated in bricks, awesome job!

Lovely work Gary (as usual) impressive and elegant... both inside and out! Two thumbs well up fella!

Thank you nine09nueve, very kind of you to say.

Having grown up near the real thing I'm actually rather impressed to see this replicated in bricks, awesome job!

That is a fantastic compliment kabel, I'm happy you like my take on it since you are so familiar with the real deal!

Wow, a really awesome MOC :)

Thank you Tuben.