Amazing Bricks

Lego Jurassic World (Video Game Discussion)

This game should include an awesome function to build your own park, displaying the dinosaurs here and there and trying to keep them in their cages, you loose points for the eaten visitors, I have been waiting for a JP lego theme for ages (lets accept it, the old one was pretty lame even for the standards back then) and the existence of a game that includes the new movie and the first one (who cares about the others?) makes it a lot better.

They ditched level builders after... Indy 2? Or one of the Harry Potter games. Doubt we'll see a return.

Could Steven Spielberg as a playable character in this game?

Since we had several playable real-life people in the following games below:

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes = Stan Lee

LEGO Batman 3 = Adam West, Geoff Johns, Jim Lee, and Kevin Smith.

Edited by legofanatic12

Is June 30, 2015 the official release date for the game, or is it going to be pushed up to June 9, 2015 to release the same week as the theater release for Jurassic World?

Is June 30, 2015 the official release date for the game, or is it going to be pushed up to June 9, 2015 to release the same week as the theater release for Jurassic World?

I doubt they'll push it up. They don't really gain anything from moving it.

I'll say, the game does look really cool from the trailer. Unfortunately, it only makes me want Jurassic Park sets even more. :laugh: Either way, this is a first day purchase. :thumbup:

So i made a list of characters confirmed

Jurassic Park

• Dr. Alan Grant
  • Dr. Ellie Sattler
  • Dr. Ian Malcom
  • John Hammond
  • Donald Gennaro
  • Lex Murphy
  • Tim Murphy
  • Robert Muldoon
  • Park Security Guard

Jurassic Park: Lost World

• Sarah Harding?

Jurassic Park III

• Eric Murphy

Jurassic World

• Owen Grady
  • Claire Dearing

Edited by Cy_Bored1337

When I first saw the trailer the first thing that came to mind was, "Ugh, another game where the minifigs make up most of the meat of the story mode. I bet the dinosaurs are just animal buddies, too. :\"

Then I read this:

My time with LEGO Jurassic World focused on three short (but nonetheless iconic) scenes from the first movie. The first was one of the calmer stretches of Jurassic Park, where Dr. Ellie Sattler and Dr. Gerry Harding tend to the sick Triceratops. As with most TT Games, each controllable character has their own powers, and with over 100 folks to work with in the quartet of movies (and represented via voice clips captured from the films), there's some serious specialization. Laura Dern's character, for example, is the only one brave enough to (literally) dive into a pile of bricky dinosaur dung. Switching to the veterinary expert Harding, I scanned the nearby area for tracks to find remedies. Most of those were placed atop high cliffs, which could only be reached when Sattler used her botany skills to sprout a tree instantaneously. When the beast was cured, I was able to stomp around as the Triceratops, breaking down bushes and larger containers to collect even more studs.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/16/lego-jurassic-world-hold-onto-your-blocks

And then I was certain that it was the case, and the dinosaurs would basically be the camels, horses, and vehicles of the game, and would be ditched after one or two rooms with them, per the usual handling of vehicles and animal buddies.

But then I read this:

One new feature that TT Games has included is the ability to now play as the dinosaurs themselves (well, sort of new - it seems based on the technology behind earlier controllable Lego bigfigs). Heal up Ellie's triceratops and it will follow you through the rest of that level, and you can control it yourself to charge through obstacles blocking your path. Leave it to its own devices when controlling another character and it will happily stomp around, breaking other items and unlocking studs for you to collect.
Like other characters, once unlocked the dinosaurs can also be customised, and TT Games has said that you will be able to play as the ancient reptiles in the game's expansive open-world. Which brings us to why it is still too early to write off Jurassic World as simply another Lego adventure. Recent Lego games have seen a shift from the simple level-by-level gameplay of earlier titles in the series to focus on a myriad of inventive side-quests and secrets hidden away in truly impressive open worlds.
After detailed recreations of Hogwarts, Middle-Earth and Lego Marvel's New York City, TT Games is now building both islands from the Jurassic Park films, Isla Nublar from the first and fourth movies, and Isla Sorna from the second and third. Recreations of all the areas from each film are promised, along with the ability to drive around in those classic park-branded cars. Both islands will be filled with other dinosaurs, too - enabling you to introduce your customised creatures and battle the local fauna or, when playing in co-op, take on a friend.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-03-16-lego-jurassic-world-is-another-slight-evolution-for-the-series

And my hype went through the roof again.

Still not the Dino-centric game that I wanted in the first place, but it's better than the usual Lego fair so far.

OK, the teaser was cool enough already, but that trailer just sold me.

Seems they regained their sense of humor and fun and freshness that was lost in the Hobbit.

Any idea what the pre-order figure will be?

That may be the final push I need to crack open the ole wallet.

OK, the teaser was cool enough already, but that trailer just sold me.

Seems they regained their sense of humor and fun and freshness that was lost in the Hobbit.

Any idea what the pre-order figure will be?

That may be the final push I need to crack open the ole wallet.

Probably John Hammond or Dr. Alan Grant

I saw this at brickipedia.

Those in bold text are those characters that are confirmed in the game or it's just either a rumor or speculation.

Edited by legofanatic12

I am confused, why is every news article about Lego Jurassic World saying the game comes out on June 12, 2015, when Amazon has the release date stated for June 30, 2015

I am confused, why is every news article about Lego Jurassic World saying the game comes out on June 12, 2015, when Amazon has the release date stated for June 30, 2015

I believe the film comes out on the 12th, but the game comes out on the 30th.