Jeroen Ottens

[TC6] Alfa Romeo 4C Spider - free instructions released

Someone is heading for his third medal! Stunning MOC. Absolutely amazing.

The timing of this contest couldn't be better for you.

Gorgeous. I wonder if any entry can top this beauty. Hopefully you'll create instructions!

Edited by jantjeuh

Please ignore if you are not trying to make an accurate model of the real 4C's chassis.

why the V4 it should be an Turbo Inline 4 cylinder,

double wishbone front suspension,

multi link rear suspension

But Ackerman, king pin, and caster is a great touch (Nicjasno would be proud!)

Don't even have to build a model...I stand no chance XD

I know right :laugh:

It's a good thing my model started before this contest was announced too or I wouldn't bother :sweet:

My first thought was also quitting the contest before entering. But actually it's awesome that this contest will be the hottest so far, so I would feel an megablocks if I wouldn't enter just because I have no chance.

I'm very curious about more pictures, how it performs etc, this might be my favourite Lego supercar.

Edited by Lipko

Hi,

Thanks for all the great reactions. It's a really nice way to start the new year for me :laugh: .

Love it! Really like the colours! The front grill and lights can still be improved though(maybe different colour?), comparing to the actual car (See signature XD). NEEDS MORE PICTURES.

@ Auranapse: The spider has a different design of the frontlights than the 4C, but even then the canopy part is a bit too big. Ideally I should use stickers to cover up a bit of the transparent part. That's new territory for me though...

At the end of the post is a photo of the front.

That is an amazing sports car you built,one suggestion would be to improve the way you have made the doors.

In real life the door is angled and curved in one continuous sweep (you are 70% there,but you have a step in yours).

@ Alasdair: you are right. Here I am afraid stickers is again the answer. Apart from using flexaxles I have not thought of a way to get that curve in the door. I also wanted to have that airintake really visible, which made it necessary to tilt the upper part of the door which gives it that break. Then again, I might wake up one morning with a good solution...

This is an incredible MOC! The colors are fantastic, and I actually really like the red trim along the bottom. You've done a beautiful job on the body, and I like how you were able to build the body with only a handful of liftarms. Well done! :thumbup:

I'm working on a car for the competition as well, but I don't think it will look nearly as good as this. :laugh:

@dhc6twinotter: The model has ~2000 parts, less than 1.5% of them are white beams... :tongue:

Don't let this post prevent you from entering the competition! As I wrote I am not sure yet whether I will enter since my gearbox isn't working. I want to have a working solution before I enter and it is not a trivial problem to solve...

Please ignore if you are not trying to make an accurate model of the real 4C's chassis.

why the V4 it should be an Turbo Inline 4 cylinder,

double wishbone front suspension,

multi link rear suspension

But Ackerman, king pin, and caster is a great touch (Nicjasno would be proud!)

@Epic technic: The V4 was a compromise between realism and real estate. It is pretty tight below the bonnet and a V4 is smaller than a inline 4 cilinder.

Double wishbone front: check :classic:

Multi link rear suspension: I have been looking for what kind of suspension is used in the 4C, but I couldn't find anything useful. Do you have some more information on what the real rear suspension looks like? Some pictures would be great...

And another photo (this is my least favorite view, too many holes in the bonnet, so I'll probably will redesign this part, but I haven't found a better solution yet):

15548352143_0e0eef382d_c.jpg

So thanks again for all the positive feedback and keep on building.

It looks really sporting in that picture which also reminds me, instead of just having a technic

hall of fame, we should have a technic sports car of the year, technic supercar of the year,

technic hypercar of the year (possibly), technic tatra of the year, technic offroader of the year,

technic 4x4 of the year, technic moc of the year, technic truck of the year and technic construction

vehicle of the year.

Jaw-droppingly awesome - remind me not to enter any competitions you enter into in the future.... :tongue:

Looking at the real machine, it's not easily recognisable for me. But in my opinion, your version looks much better than the real one :wub:

Somehow in most Alfa Romeos, something is always off fro me.

An Alfa Romeo is a love or hate car, the first time you see it you'll either love or hate it. At first I hated alfa's and I couldn't understand why top gear thought they were so pretty. But then I got use to the looks and now I'm quite fond of alfa's, and I think the 4c is the best looking one. I don't think alfa's are the best looking cars in the world like top gear do, but I feel they are beautiful machines.

Looking at the real machine, it's not easily recognisable for me. But in my opinion, your version looks much better than the real one :wub:

Somehow in most Alfa Romeos, something is always off fro me.

I know it's a little off and I just can't get my finger on it what is causing it :(

Maybe its because the 4c has 10 front lights in total (not including the trafficators), you got the front shape of the head lights right and the proportion is straight on point, but its only a wip so we can't judge you for these tiny things missing, maybe you were going to put led's behind the lights when you were finished. I still think it looks gorgeous, even without the highlighted points people mentioned, I don't really want to call them errors because the car looks so pure and beautiful. Everyday I go on this topic just to look at this little Alfa, ever since I first saw it, I would be going back on this topic and admiring it, I do this at least 5 times everyday.

I know it's a little off and I just can't get my finger on it what is causing it :(

it'll be because there aren't lines down the grill which is a pretty defining feature and like what leocorno said, It's probably due to there not being lights within the headlight covers :classic: the lines are really good though :wub:

I don't know why I love it so much, but I just do :wub: :wub: :wub:. The colours, the shaping: it's just gorgeous, brilliant, wonderful and magnificent!

Hi,

Here is an update of my Alfa Romeo:

I improved the gearbox selector. It now has a 90% succesrate :classic: (but only with full batteries :angry: ).

I also changed the bonnet. It is more closed now (sorry about the quality of the photos, no natural light available at night :wink: ):

16246378711_87a977d67a_c.jpg

Let me know what you think about it. Is it an improvement over the old bonnet, or is it not?

I have also been trying out some brickbuild wheelcaps (Stefan's Lambo inspired me to try again). This is the best one I have come up with so far, but I'm not convinced yet that it is an improvement over not having anything). Comments are appreciated as well:

16060842650_e637b8ac0f_c.jpg

That's amazing progress, and your kind of in the same situation as me and my tc6 project. When we think or design a complex gearbox which only ourselves can operate and when thinking of making instructions you have to redesign it to make it more simple. That was a great idea for those wheels, they look stunning. This is actually my favourite TC6 moc, and there was nothing I didn't like about it before, and there certainly isn't now ;)

Also will you finish the wheel design for all wheels?

That last wheel design is amazing! Your car was very good, but are somehow getting better. This is great work.

-ED-

Wow, what a moc!

The new bonnet is definitely an improvement. The idea with the rims is nice, but the open ends bugs me a bit.

What are the white pins in the white connectors for the flex axle over the rims?