Jeroen Ottens

[TC6] Alfa Romeo 4C Spider - free instructions released

Hi,

Here is my latest MOC (still WIP).

It is the Alfa Romeo 4C spider and is the first supercar that I built since I came back from my dark ages. It has the following features:

Motorized (using a large BB):

- drive (L-motor) + V4 fake engine

- steer (servo)

- select gear (M-motor)

- seats (L-motor)

With the gear selector you can select between 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear. At the same time you also select one of the four seat functions (seat forward/backward and tilt of the back of the seat). These functions are driven by the second L-motor and all have a clutch to prevent motor stalling.

It features full indepedent suspension (double wishbone at the front and McPherson at the back)

The steering has Ackermann, kingpin inclination and caster angle.

All doors are openable, hood & trunk as well.

The model is quite stiff, you can lift it by the handlebar without any issue. In fact the center of gravity is right below the handlebar, so it is even very convenient to lift the model that way.

I was building this already for some time when the TC6 came along and since this model fits all the requirements I may decide to enter.

However it is not working perfect yet :blush:

The gear selector has a 10% succesrate, so that will require some tinkering. Furthermore the red wheelhubs should be white, but I am not prepared to pay 10$ a piece for them. Especially since they will become available in white within a few months. All the other white soft axles are 12L.

And for the ones with attention with detail: the right headlight is at a wrong angle, that is because the piece was bent. I am hoping LEGO can provide a replacement for that one.

Since this is the first MOC in a long time where styling is actually a big part of the package I would like to invite you to give feedback on that aspect in particular.

Enough talking for now, here is a photo (more will follow later, but I'd first like to sort out my gearselector issue):

15970342767_53b20de71a_c.jpg

And the best wishes for the new year of course :classic:

Edited by Jeroen Ottens

Wow I think this is really cool , looking forward to the video and more pics. Like the head lights a lot !!! The seats are also really cool.

Wow! That is surely a thing of beauty! I especially like the seats and headlights :thumbup:

Looking forward to seeing more pics!

The lines of this car are simply amazing. And great use of that transparent piece for the lights. Cannot wait to see the finished version.

Tim

You MAY enter?! Are you kidding??? You MUST enter - this is just unbelievably cool car!!! I love that "shiny" white body with that great Italian flag stripe and actually, I think that red side line is superb! Perhaps, but just perhaps, the muguard soft axles should be white, but I really like the touch of red at the bottom!

It's really really early in the contest, but I have a felling your avatar might have more bling around his neck soon :thumbup: Looking forward to more info.

Damnn that is amazing. If this is your first supercar after your Dark Ages I can't fathom what the next will look like. I like the seats and headlights too

I believe the bar has been set for this competition :classic: Great lines and I like the little italian flag touch.

I like the red soft axles also, because you continued the red line under the doors and bumpers. Hope you get the gearbox sorted! :thumbup:

That is an amazing sports car you built,one suggestion would be to improve the way you have made the doors.

In real life the door is angled and curved in one continuous sweep (you are 70% there,but you have a step in yours).

Efferman

IKR, all the people that have entered have built brilliant mocs like this one, they are all

worthy winners. If this moc goes well, I reckon it could have a good chance of being in the

top 3. But my personal favourite the entries would be this Alfa and Piterx's fiat panda. This

competition has become a showcase for the best moc, and has also brought out the best of

unfamiliar builders. None of these builders will give up without a fight.

This is an incredible MOC! The colors are fantastic, and I actually really like the red trim along the bottom. You've done a beautiful job on the body, and I like how you were able to build the body with only a handful of liftarms. Well done! :thumbup:

I'm working on a car for the competition as well, but I don't think it will look nearly as good as this. :laugh:

Love it! Really like the colours! The front grill and lights can still be improved though(maybe different colour?), comparing to the actual car (See signature XD). NEEDS MORE PICTURES.

Edited by Auranapse