XAxles

Advanced Models 10248 Ferrari F40: Discussion Topic

In the US I see a message saying you can pre-order this, and it will ship by Aug 1st? What is with that??? What happened to early access? I was very excited to get this set early, now I guess I'll just wait till August so I can get the Scooby Doo and Big Bang sets, but I'm pretty disappointed here.

In the US I see a message saying you can pre-order this, and it will ship by Aug 1st? What is with that??? What happened to early access? I was very excited to get this set early, now I guess I'll just wait till August so I can get the Scooby Doo and Big Bang sets, but I'm pretty disappointed here.

I think the operative word here is "Ship by" in that you can still add to bag and purchase. It might just be the safety catch in the event that they may not be able to ship it right away.

Seems there is also a limit of 2 as well.

I think the operative word here is "Ship by" in that you can still add to bag and purchase. It might just be the safety catch in the event that they may not be able to ship it right away.

Seems there is also a limit of 2 as well.

So I logged out and re-logged in to the LEGO shop and now it says available now. that is pretty weird, so I guess just log in and out if you are seeing the pre-order message.

Huw reviewed it! I think he loves the set, and an observant commenter noted the way the car was built.

I love the way they put this build together. Although I'm not an expert in this, it gives me the feel its assembled in the same order as a real sportscar would be. Monocoque first, then the engine etc instead of the usual bottom to top construction of Lego cars.

Yep, deffo gonna have it. But I'll wait for a free polybag version.

Edited by XAxles

I'll wait for a free polybag version.

you might wait a while, it took more than a year for the T1 Camper polybag to appear after it came out.

So I logged out and re-logged in to the LEGO shop and now it says available now. that is pretty weird, so I guess just log in and out if you are seeing the pre-order message.

Seems they've addressed the issue (removed the "ship by comment). There's also an additional comment

"VIP Members: If you would like to purchase this set but don’t see the Add To Bag button below, please sign in to your account."

I did e-mail SC this morning about it and have been advised mine is currently in the warehouse. The local store is saying 1/household and appears they mey have only gotten about 4-5dozen in...there was a bit of a line-up before the store opened this morning. Box was smaller than I thought it would be but it definitely has the weight...all part of that carboard reduction plan.

lego_ic2.jpg

The greatest bus in the world (debatable), the fastest supercar of the 80's, the last true Mini (save for the R50-R53 Mini).

The most detail-rich set, the richest-in-techniques set, the smoothest-looking and slickest-built set.

What a poster.

The next Adv. Mod. car will have tough acts to follow.

Is there a 1600x900 version?

Why do we have to wait another year for the next one ... I'm crying

I can't get enough of these cars, hopefully LEGO keeps them coming for a loooooot of years!

IQuQwWj.jpg

Here's a quick comparison of the 3. f40 is an awesome addition!

These look great on top of the Marantz - lots of "functional art" in one place!

Why do we have to wait another year for the next one ... I'm crying

I can't get enough of these cars, hopefully LEGO keeps them coming for a loooooot of years!

Well, at least TLG's D2C team gets enough time to select a new car (either F1, 959, something exotic like a Lancia Delta Integrale) and get it prototyped and get a box art done and get the necessary authenticity seals and shoot the Designer showcase and... and... yeah, let's just be patient, aye? This is becoming a popular subset, and they wouldn't run out of legendary cars to build.

My project f40 LM is not finished but soon after

Looks really good!

Hope that it can be builded in black!!

Gas Monkey edition...

I put mine together last night and it's a beauty! My box came in the mail crushed on one end and one piece 4201201 was mangled. Today I called for a replacement and the guy I ordered from asked me how I liked the set and indicated that a Mercedes was to be released in August. Has anyone heard of this yet?

Sorry, I couldn't find a rumours thread.

I'd assume he is talking about the new Technic Mercedes-Benz AROCS set 42043.

Oh, I hope not. We'll see soon I guess.

Just opened mine. Got it at the Metrocentre in Gateshead UK. Shame you can't open the box without damaging it. A box with tape would have been much more practical. Can't wait to start building it though.

Oh, I hope not. We'll see soon I guess.

I'm sure it is the Arocs.

I don't think that they will release a set without leaks or rumors even at a month of its release.

Edited by Kaanere

Mine's built too now. Honestly, the pictures don't do it justice enough. It looks very impressive and just right, from all corners.

Tiny spot of bother: the front hood won't close right every time. Something seems to be in the way but so far I haven't been able to figure out what. If I put it on it's - pardon my french - butt, somehow things seem to fall into place again and it closes up nicely... Strange.

Lot's of pieces left after the build!

Edited by jfbat

Just opened mine. Got it at the Metrocentre in Gateshead UK. Shame you can't open the box without damaging it. A box with tape would have been much more practical. Can't wait to start building it though.

What are you talking about??? My box was a standard box, with 2 or 3 Lego seals at each end. Simply sliced the seals at one end and it opened. Not that I really care about a lousy box, that will take up space sitting on a shelf in the backroom.

Edited by P3_Super_Bee

Tiny spot of bother: the front hood won't close right every time. Something seems to be in the way but so far I haven't been able to figure out what. If I put it on it's - pardon my french - butt, somehow things seem to fall into place again and it closes up nicely... Strange.

Mine does the same thing, always feels like the right hand side (when looking at it head on) Need to figure if it's something slightly misaligned in my build or a more general issue.