XAxles

Advanced Models 10248 Ferrari F40: Discussion Topic

Stickers :cry3:

Don't fret, it wouldn't be much. Could be just for the dash, the NACA ducts and the badges.

Also... $100?!?!?!?! 1300+ pieces projected and only $100?

Edited by XAxles

Also... $100?!?!?!?! 1300+ pieces projected and only $100?

Just going off the info I was given, I was expecting it to be more around the $119 price of the VW Van which was also in the 1300 piece range but I was told $100. I hope it is correct and have no reason to the think the person would give me wrong info but I thought that seemed a bit off as well.

I need a picture, now ... can you try to get one shaggysanchez (just a very very blurry one) ... we also had leaks from almost every other LEGO exclusive set, this seems like a well kept secret.

When do the pictures usually come out? Is it the 1st of that month or in the previous month? LEGO seems to be randomly dropping pics rather than following a regular schedule

Edited by Bob C

Everyone here hates stickers, it's just not the same as printed pieces, I mean after several years the stickers peel off and then what!?

Everyone here hates stickers, it's just not the same as printed pieces, I mean after several years the stickers peel off and then what!?

and then you have a nice clean brick ready to be used for MOCs for years and years! (I personally don't sticker things, so the end result is the same)

Reply for Emmi:

True, but it will still look really good the first few months. Sure it will start "decaying" but it wouldn't be the first time it happens on a Lego set.

Edited by Danz16650

and then you have a nice clean brick ready to be used for MOCs for years and years! (I personally don't sticker things, so the end result is the same)

... a LEGO Creator Expert Ferrari F40 set shouldn't be something you disassemble ... no it should be put on display next to the VW Camper and the Mini Cooper, that's what I'll do and what I do! I never disassemble amazing sets like these!

100 dollars or euros will be very good price.Same as Mini cooper, I little feel that mini cooper is little overpriced.

1,158 pieces.

I think it will be more on camper van scale than mini cooper.This piece count IMO cant make good F40 in 1:12 scale.

1,158 pieces.

Hi mate, thanks for sharing.

Given that you have an exact number of pieces, I would assume that you have some other solid infos on this set, too. Do you mind share them with us?

I think it will be more on camper van scale than mini cooper.This piece count IMO cant make good F40 in 1:12 scale.

BTW, I think the Mini is in the same scale of the 76042 Tumbler.

I like it :) - looks like those lights pop up too!

I will get it, if we get working steering (LONG shot), I will be ecstatic

That V8 looks superb too. I'm so excited, might even get the Mini to tide me over :)

Those wheels. THOSE. WHEELS. and that (new?!) windshield. THAT. WINDSHIELD. and most especially... THAT ENGINE!!! For $100/€90 it's quite a steal.

But man that box art is Nissan Altima-level bland.

Quite a good thing that the bigger NACA ducts are brick-built, too. And the rear louvers are fantabulous.

Edited by XAxles

Wonder what the green 1x4's are for?

Mounting points, I'm guessing.

Yeah, I prefer the older Creator colour scheme - same vein as the Mini or Ferris Wheel even would have been good.

Should have the Maranello factory in the background.

Those wheels. THOSE. WHEELS. and that (new?!) windshield. THAT. WINDSHIELD. and most especially... THAT ENGINE!!! For $100/€90 it's quite a steal.

But man that box art is Nissan Altima-level bland.

Quite a good thing that the bigger NACA ducts are brick-built, too. And the rear louvers are fantabulous.

REALLY COOL!! And kind of cheap for a "premium" model. But yeah, that box art looks like it should go with a hyundai elantra, not a ****** ferrari...

But I kind of like it, it reminds me of the 2003 Creator models.

On another note, I wish LEGO would make more car models, they didn't make a 2nd wave of Speed Champions and I'm worried that we won't get anything for another 7 years (wasn't '08 the last time they released large scale car series?)

REALLY COOL!! And kind of cheap for a "premium" model. But yeah, that box art looks like it should go with a hyundai elantra, not a ****** ferrari...

But I kind of like it, it reminds me of the 2003 Creator models.

A hundred bucks for an impressive model built with 1158 pieces sure does rock, but I seriously looked for that dramatic Ferrari feel in the box art.

Oh man, that looks great! Wonder what the green 1x4's are for?

I'm wondering the same thing.

Anyway, I think that its pretty cool. Nice classic, old school feel to it.

The box is very nice too imo, very simple, makes you reminisce of a simpler time, back when this car was still being produced. (Then again, I am partial to that blue color). But a showroom with a beautifully tiled floor and glass doors showing off a nice, villa style background would've been nice too.

Does anyone think that we'll get a polybag version of it?

Edited by Legocity2713

On another note, I wish LEGO would make more car models, they didn't make a 2nd wave of Speed Champions and I'm worried that we won't get anything for another 7 years (wasn't '08 the last time they released large scale car series?)

Could be because they're still talking to other marques, like, say, Daimler for Mercedes-Benz (SLS, SL65 Black and AMG-GT, anyone?) or Volkswagen for Audi (R18 prototype, R8 road car and R8 LMS race car), or Lamborghini (Avenador and Huracan) or even Aston Martin (Vantage and DB9). Give it time and we'll get new cars.