XAxles

Advanced Models 10248 Ferrari F40: Discussion Topic

I'm afraid we won't see the store calendar for August - with a first picture of the F40 - before June 30 ...

This week we for sure see first glimpse of F40.Are you ready? :blush:

I'm beyond ready. But then, I'm in the Philippines, and unfortunately I might be asleep when the first photos show up.

^ or you might be the first to see. I am not really sure what to expect, I buy so many set now because I collect a line that it is nice to want to see a set to decided if I will buy it or not.

^ or you might be the first to see. I am not really sure what to expect, I buy so many set now because I collect a line that it is nice to want to see a set to decided if I will buy it or not.

Yeah, there's that, too.

There's a not even a question whether to buy this set or not ... YOU MUST BUY IT (because it's a Ferrari F40 and it'll be awesome ... and as a owner of the LEGO VW Camper T1 and the Mini Cooper you cannot not buy this one)

Hopefully there'll be some first pictures this week.

^ That's what I am like with most lines but as I don't have the Camper or Cooper I do have the option, although if Lego do a good job then you might be right but I am still waiting to see. Also for me size is important :grin: I hope its BIG!

Edited by SMC

It'll be about the same size as the VW T1 Camper and the Mini Cooper.

It'll be about the same size as the VW T1 Camper and the Mini Cooper.

Will it? The only reason I'm not so sure now is that Brickset have it as a 'Speed Champions' set - so they might not feel the need to make it in line with the Creator Expert vehicles, and just have a 'flagship' Speed Champions set, maybe same scale as the 599 Racers set a few years back?

Will it? The only reason I'm not so sure now is that Brickset have it as a 'Speed Champions' set - so they might not feel the need to make it in line with the Creator Expert vehicles, and just have a 'flagship' Speed Champions set, maybe same scale as the 599 Racers set a few years back?

I've asked Brickset several times now to change category of the upcoming LEGO Ferrari F40, there's no doubt that it will be a CREATOR Expert set (somehow Brickset refuses to change) - and it'll be same size as previous CREATOR Expert iconic cars (VW T1 Camper, Mini Cooper)

I'm hoping for the F40 to be something like this

8157-1.jpg?200805221203

A large model of the car with few functions but lots of detail

Edited by Rishab N

What's the piece count?

What's the piece count? Has it already been established that this is a huge set? I really really hope so

What's the piece count?

Apparently it will not be anything too small - I am looking forward to something slotted between the size of the mini and the vw

What's the piece count?

The set is around 1300 pieces and is similar in size to the Mini Cooper and VW Van. I can also confirm that there are stickers.

The set is around 1300 pieces and is similar in size to the Mini Cooper and VW Van. I can also confirm that there are stickers.

Smaller NACA ducts and instrument panel, I assume.

I don't know when it will be revealed but I know it is on early sale for VIP next month as we all already know. I was also told by the person who gave me the other info that it would be priced at $100. I tried to get an image but was only offered the info I have given here. I was told to expect a Ferrari in the same style as Mini Cooper and VW Van that it was this years version of those. I wish I had more but that is all I have sadly.

Stickers? No, no, no, no, no, dammit NO!!!! I don't want stickers ... but oh well the VW Camper and Mini Cooper had them too ... I hope they keep the number 1-3.

We are days away from official unveil, I'm sure.