XAxles

Advanced Models 10248 Ferrari F40: Discussion Topic

This has to feature pop-up headlights, the iconic red from Ferrari, preferably no stickers (hopefully it's all printed parts, especially when it comes to the Ferrari logo) and I'd suggest a piece count of approximately 1850-2250.

2250 max? Man it better have an accurate, working rear-wheel-driven TT V8 engine. Or an Enzo Ferrari minifig with his table approving the manufacture of the F40.

I wished too much. Or maybe it's just I'm a big fan.

Edited by XAxles

I've edited the piece count. It's from 1150 to 1500. I didn't know the VW camper only had over 1300 pieces and that the Mini Cooper had only a bit over 1000 pieces. Given that we should expect the Ferrari F40 to have around 1150 to 1500 pieces. It will be scaled to fit with the VW camper and the Mini Cooper ... so don't expect much more pieces than this.

I'm sure this will be an amazing set, I can't wait for it. minifigure??? no, that's not gonna happen.

Wow, great news .So scale is probably same as mini cooper which is about 1:12.I expect this :classic: .

Let's do a "Devil and Daniel Webster" kind of argument, but with the Adv. Mod. Ferrari F40 (10248) as the one on trial. I'll be the guy who inbounds the ball and gets the discussion rolling, mods can ship this over to another theme forum, and other blokes can discuss, predict, and say either: "It'll suck and Jorge Pesi's F40 is still better!" or "It'll be a winner of a model!" or something like that. This goes on until the whole she-bang drops, and some time after. This includes the Academy review, another review (by Sariel), and rants, and another review.

It's my original idea, and I can't wait to see this happen before my eyes coming the end of May.

Edited by XAxles

Jorge Pesi, is best technic reendition this will be best system reendition, because IIRC I can not found any big scale system F40.Only 1:16 on flickr.

really hope to see some pics by then...... :look: :look:

Engine bay shot!!!!

Getting closer to 1 June......really hope to see some pics by then...... :look: :look:

Mini cooper photos were released about 4 th june.Vip about 15 july, regular release 1st august.

Im expecting same dates in this case.

Let's hope so, can't wait much longer ... want to see it now!

I wonder if there is a chance that the black hubs x873c01.gif will make a return in this set for a steering feature..? These would make the steering radius wider because of the offset which would most likely make the wheels hit the fender arches though...

It wouldn't be the first time we got to see a steering function in a mostly system based Ferrari set..

8157-1.jpg?0

There are several ways to do a steering/suspension set up without using lego hubs (old style or new style).

Yes, I am well aware of that.. There is a reason why I brought up these particular black hubs though.. :wink:

Considering this is a creator type set, I am pretty sure that it will not have any type of suspension anyways.. I can see a possible steering function though..

Edited by Paul Boratko

I doubt it will have any steering. It will probably have the iconic pop-up lights though, hopefully.

Also where's the July 2015 LEGO Store calendar??? Normally this is published at the last day of the previous month, in this case yesterday.

I doubt it will have any steering. It will probably have the iconic pop-up lights though, hopefully.

Also where's the July 2015 LEGO Store calendar??? Normally this is published at the last day of the previous month, in this case yesterday.

The July 2015 LEGO Store Calendar is now posted.

It doesn't explicitly state that the Ferrari is coming out in July, but we've sort of known all along that it was coming anyway, so that's obviously it...

It's coming ... hopefully we'll see a first tease by the end of this week.

The quip "no news is good news" does not apply here. The fact that there have been no recent postings on this I assume there are no pictures yet. **sigh** :hmpf_bad: :hmpf_bad:

The quip "no news is good news" does not apply here. The fact that there have been no recent postings on this I assume there are no pictures yet. **sigh** :hmpf_bad: :hmpf_bad:

Yeah. Ferrari should be amping up the hype for the model by now, just the way MINI did for the Mk7 (Leyland) Cooper. I mean, come on, this is Ferrari we're talking about here, and it's their most legendary car that gets the LEGO treatment. I thought they're gonna make the hype real. Darn.

what if we've been lied to and its not a Ferrari at all! what if after all these months of waiting its a Merc E-class, or a Porsche boxster. I am setting myself up for the possibility its not the car we've been waiting for and for the possibility that which ever car its supposed to be wont look good. this way if I'm wrong I'm wrong in a way that makes me happy :)

what if we've been lied to and its not a Ferrari at all! what if after all these months of waiting its a Merc E-class, or a Porsche boxster. I am setting myself up for the possibility its not the car we've been waiting for and for the possibility that which ever car its supposed to be wont look good. this way if I'm wrong I'm wrong in a way that makes me happy :)

Please don't even joke about that!

Sounds fine with me.

At worst it might be a Fiero kit.

Ferrari-F40-(12)-99b2d.jpg

Lego store calendar has a early VIP set for July 15. I was told by the Store employee it will be the Ferrari F40.

Lego store calendar has a early VIP set for July 15. I was told by the Store employee it will be the Ferrari F40.

Yes, yes, yeeeeeeesssss! Hopefully the unveil will be soon, very soon ... hopefully today? (I can dream, right?)

Lately the trend for reveals has been roughly a month before the wide release date (not counting VIP early access), so I personally expect the video to come out around the first of July, maybe a little sooner.

Checked this today because I have an eerie feeling we may be getting it today. Hope I'm right and glad I'm not the only one!

It would be, but today is holiday in Denmark, so we will have to wait for monday.