Cara

Winter Village: Uni-kitty is com-ing, to town!

Winter Village: Uni-kitty is com-ing, to town!

15967404779_e974f6fe5d_o.jpg

As I was starting this build Unikitty came along and screamed, "That's MY house!!!" From that point on I felt like a snowball rolling down a hill.

So, she moved in, added a dance floor, decorated for the holidays (Unikitty style), then threw a 'Welcome to my New Home' party. She couldn't wait to try out ice skating. While others from the North Pole and Winter Village are visiting, poor Larry is working again this year, this time DJing.

15534120063_e49e5c8a98_o.jpg

16153858105_b5277c7ee8_o.jpg 15966411648_a9df2a5f11_o.jpg

In the living room, Unikitty has hung up her stocking. While on the top floor, she put in a dance floor, complete with disco ball.

Inside visitors enjoy the treats Unikitty has laid out, while warming themselves at the fire. Only kids and Unikitty see nothing strange about ice cream in winter.

16127952396_ec2eda6b6f_o.jpg

Unikitty's 'Welcome to my New House' party

Oh my gosh!

This is wonderful! I'm speechless! It's so wacky and unique: you nailed the Cloud Cuckoo Land vibe.

You even made a brown Unikitty. Is that her sibling? What's her/his name?

Congratulations! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

(I can't see the last picture)

Oh my gosh!

This is wonderful! I'm speechless! It's so wacky and unique: you nailed the Cloud Cuckoo Land vibe.

Congratulations! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

(I can't see the last picture)

Thank you very much! Picture should be fixed now.

Love it! Especially the rainbow stairs, Christmas tree and reindeer Unikitty.

I have always admired your work and this contest entry doesn't disappoint. To make things fair for others, they need to create multiple skill tiers for the contest because this entry is truly in a separate class. Do you feel extreme pressure to outperform yourself each year or was this build no big thing for you?

Amazing! Cloud CooCoo Land joins Winter Village. This is just amazing, a real contender!

That tilted window really has me scratching my head... Huh? How'd he do that?

All the. Different Uni Kitties...

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

Only five photos allowed. Please remove your composite shot.

There are no composite shots, but I'll put a space between the two photos in the middle so they are not next to each other.

Cool build. There goes the neighborhood. :laugh: Love the pink and wackiness. It might clash with the earth tones of the Winter Village sets.

I keep on coming back to have a look at this build. It's really is quite brilliant. There's just so much lovely detail going on.

Wonderful! I really love the way you did the Christmas trees... using the tubes from the Ice Cream Machine as garland is genius. So fun and so beautiful.

I always look forward to seeing what you come up with - this is amazing! My favorites parts of this wonderfully whimsical build are the tree design and the rainbow staircase. :wub:

Another pun......So COOL, great place to CHILL......okay, now AWESOME design and so much pink ! :laugh:

Good luck and Brick On 'Cara' ! :grin:

Oh my gosh!

Unikitty is so fabulous she should have friends or siblings! I hope the Uni part of her name refers to her horn. It would be sad if she were the only one of her kind. I think this is her sibling dressed up for the holidays.

Love it! Especially the rainbow stairs, Christmas tree and reindeer Unikitty.

Thank you. Can't have Unikitty without a rainbow! Her bed covers are also striped but can only be seen clearly in the extra photo on flickr.

WOW! how on earth did you get that crooked window? love the snow kitty and rein-kitty

I didn't want to spoil the magic!

The window frame sits in the wall at an angle (on top of 1x2 pink slopes). On the inside of the house, at the bottom of the window frame it's attached to the wall. The outer edge of the pink wall and above it was then built up. Finally the white frame cover up any small gaps on both the inside and outside. This lets a viewer look through the slanted window from both sides of the house.

Do you feel extreme pressure to outperform yourself each year or was this build no big thing for you?

I don't think about previous builds, I let each challenge brief inspire me. I've spent the last few months building alternate sets builds with limited pieces. So this is a result of being let loose!

Cool build. There goes the neighborhood. :laugh: Love the pink and wackiness. It might clash with the earth tones of the Winter Village sets.

It only really has three colours, pinks, tan and white. So I wouldnt say it clashes, but it does stand out! Good job no one's built the North Pole a Civic Regulatons Office yet!

Wonderful! I really love the way you did the Christmas trees... using the tubes from the Ice Cream Machine as garland is genius. So fun and so beautiful.

Thank you! I don't have the Ice Cream Machine :( Mine came from Bionicle. Christmas trees, Unikitty style.

Nice one, it fits well in both cloudland and wintervillage themes :)

Edited by antp

I shall avoid these pictures when I have a hang-over, but what a lovely design this is!

Agree with most of the above, and a nice fireplace, too.

Good luck!

Excellent build!! I especially like the "cloud cuckoo" style design.... The wonky window is especially well done!! The interior looks great too.... I'm sure Uni-kitty loves it!!

Nice work and good luck with it.

There's a bit too much bright pink in this for my taste (what, a girl who doesn't like pink? :oh3::laugh:), but what really sells it for me is the architectural details, like the crooked window. The reindeer kitty and snowkitty are the frosting on the cake.

You never cease to amaze me with your builds. Good luck in the contest :sweet: