CM4Sci

Winter Village: Sweet Shoppe

Hello everybody!

I'm here to present my entry to this year's Expand the Winter Village Contest, the Winter Village Sweet Shoppe!

16150307621_a8eec6600f_o.png

On the outside we have light yellow walls accompanied by a brick pattern along the bottom. Rounded windows, snowy rooftops, festive decorations and a chimney are all included!

15966199859_1b3466872f_o.png

16152312335_92e5364cd2_b.jpg

15970703278_0dd1ab89ce_c.jpg

On the inside there is a nice, warm fireplace that lights up, barrels of candy and sweets and a checkout counter with treats on display. Upstairs is a bedroom for the gingerbread man (or whoever owns the place.)

15530025804_d41891732b_z.jpg

Back outside, the street lamp has an owl on top of it. Aside is a snow blower I included in my entry last year, I just love it so much I couldn't get rid of it. :tongue:

That's pretty much my entry! Hope you guys enjoyed it, maybe even vote for it! :wink: Thanks for looking!

-Sci

Edited by CM4Sci

This is really cute! I love the round window. I love the minifigs you chose with their sweets. Nice interior details too.

Wonderful!

Outstanding MOC. Charming design and execution.

As NuffSaid1996 said, the pictures are great. They look like pictures from a press release of an official LEGO product

Congratulations!

(We need Mrs. Claus in the CMF line ASAP :laugh: )

This is great! I love the round window and the fireplace.

Great choice of minifigs! The gingerbread guy and yeti fit in surprisingly well with the Christmas theme.

Great work CM4Sci - this would fit perfectly into the winter village. I'm especially fond of the candy cane striped door frame.

Only five photos allowed. Please remove your composite shot.

Nice build CM4Sci. I like the way you built the front window. I haven't seen that before, it's a very nice feature along with the house. Nice snowblower too :classic:

I can't keep up with all these great entries; another lovely building, congratulations.

Perfectly fitting the theme (except the yeti), lovely facade.

Still love the snow blower.

Good luck in the contest, and keep clicking those bricks together!

This looks just like an official set!! (The fireplace looks especially cosy) I just hope a hungry customer doesn't try to eat the shop keeper!! Nice work and good luck!

This is very good, and almost looks like an official set. Well done!

Might I suggest a few more candy-related decorations in and out to - a custom sign, maybe inside some candy glass bowls on a shelf, etc. It could use just a little more differentation from the previous WV sets.

Candy making for me upstairs would be more of a kitchenette with sugar syrup boiling, rather than a bed.

It would be wonderful if LEGO released the silver bars from the Lone Ranger sets in Dark Brown for chocolate bars...

Cheers and well done!

This is very good, and almost looks like an official set. Well done!

Might I suggest a few more candy-related decorations in and out to - a custom sign, maybe inside some candy glass bowls on a shelf, etc. It could use just a little more differentation from the previous WV sets.

Candy making for me upstairs would be more of a kitchenette with sugar syrup boiling, rather than a bed.

It would be wonderful if LEGO released the silver bars from the Lone Ranger sets in Dark Brown for chocolate bars...

Cheers and well done!

Thanks for then suggestions! It's a shame the contest is over, otherwise I'd consider a few of these.

Thanks for the comments, guys, greatly appreciated. :)

-Sci

4 hours ago, Olga said:

Any chance you can provide instructions?

Sadly, the member who posted this is no longer part of EB (as shown under his profile pic)

But he is on Brickset, Brickpicker, etc. Who can talk to him thereĀ :classic: