Valhiron Valley is located in the far north-east of Kaliphlin. This fertile patch of land is perched among the rocks and craggs of the Rakath mountains. Colonized by Mitgardian dwarves in search of minerals and iron ore, it is overseen by a Kaliphlin outpost.

15963497618_210199bda0_c.jpg

15965174567_f0cd827a10_c.jpg

16143530392_f7be7dc71b_c.jpg

15958212129_51ec2b92fd_c.jpg

15958242449_b1d8048b98_c.jpg

15958536087_5d7658e700_c.jpg

Edited by BrickCurve

The river is well done and I like the dwarf bit.

The outpost's shape is fine, but - sorry to say - there are too many colours in the tower.

The cyclops encounter is also good and funny!

Great build! So much stuff going on, very lively! The tower is a bit busy colorwise, but it is a nice structure. Brick on, BrickCurve!

Great build, BrickCurve!

The quarry is excellently built sinking into the ground with SNOT rock on the sides. The grass everywhere adds a nicely realistic appearance to the build. I personally like the use of multiple colors on the outpost. I have seen real towers with similar variation in color where the stones did not all come from the same source.

Good work Brick Curve, you seem to be developing a really unique and neat style for Kali! I like the liveliness of the scene as well as all the difference in terrain, like how the tower is set up on a bit of a hill. The tower looks good too, and the colors seem to work well to me.

I think the river has a bit too much pattern though - I would suggest breaking up those really straight banks and going a little more random with the river's color pattern. The way the trans-clear 1x1 rounds are placed doesn't seem very natural. In a real river, the whitewater (represented with trans-clear rounds) would form more around rocks in the river and along the banks. And since rivers generally go downhill, you might think about giving the river some differing elevation.

I wonder too if you may be overusing your photo editing software to unsharp mask or smart sharpen your photos. Those tools are great in moderation, but using them too much really exacerbates the "noise" in the edited photos, which in turn makes the photos somewhat hard to look at. If you're having trouble getting sharp photos, you might consider using a tripod and setting your camera's aperture as high as possible (f18, f22, etc.). A little extra work on the front end can really enhance the final photo quality.

Anyways, I only say all this because you are making a great contribution here and I always look forward to your next build. With a little time I know you'll be cranking out some really top-notch Kali builds!

Edited by MassEditor