TheDesuComplex

TDC's Revamps and Mods

Amazing work ! I absolutely love the Protector of Ice, it's really amazing. Just love the combination of the white and the teal. Well done ! :)

-Iben

Thanks! He's turning out to be my favorite, also. Medium Azure works quite well as an icy color and it matches EXTREMELY well with Trans-Light-Blue.

70785: Pohatu, the Master of Stone.

oEV3e2m.jpg?1

My only mods to Pohatu are:

Dark-Bluish-Gray bones: They go so well with Dark-Orange and Silver-Metallic.

Removal of Trans-Neon-Green: It makes him way less bright, but I tried it and didn't care for it.

Lengthened shin by 1 module: It's not much, but it helps make him less scrawny-looking.

Y-Joints on empty balls: Kinda fiddly with the Brain Attack torso, but it still works.

6Yvzje8.jpg?1

I also have a few mods to Tahu I forgot to mention:

I changed his shins a bit more. The Breakout torsos look a bit better on him and allows for a bit more poseability out of his ankle.

I also created a mount to store his lavaboard on his back..

Also, I keep forgetting to make the mini-bios that I was planning on! They're a bit fun and silly, and add a bit of personality and backstory.

The Master of Stone

Pohatu is a very worn and rugged adventurer. At home in the parched dunes of Okoto, he spends his time patrolling the sands for the evil Skull Spiders. His fellow Toa heroes sometimes see him as a little too aggressive and jaded, but to him it is a survival of the fittest. A long time ago, he met his match and now he must rely on robotic limbs, but this doesn't stop one bit.

The Master of Fire

Tahu is a natural-born arrogant firespitter. At home in the lava falls of Okoto, he spends his time surfing the spills for the evil Skull Spiders. His fellow Toa heroes can see him as a bit pushy and arrogant, but he sees it simply as getting the job done. A long time ago, he was the guard of a skilled mask-maker; and now he must lead a patchwork team of heroes to find his old friend.

The Protector of Fire

The latest in a long line of village elders, this man is the elite warrior of the Fire Region. With a son to protect, he will fight to the last to save his people, by whatever means necessary. His weapon of choice is two small handheld devices that great swords of solid fire and a shoulder-mounted Elemental Blaster.

The Protector of Ice

The latest in a long line of village elders, this man is the elite warrior of the Ice Region. Even though he keeps his village relatively isolated from the rest, he does wish to move his people forward. His weapon of choice is his traditional serrated ice shield, and a handheld Elemental Blaster.

The Protector of Stone

The latest in a long line of village elders, this man is the elite warrior of the Stone Region. Despite being boisterous and loud, he is quite sensitive. Don't you dare touch his weapon of choice, his hefty Elemental Minigun that he has fondly named 'Sasha'.

The Protector of Earth

The latest in a long line of village elders, this woman is the elite warrior of the Earth Region. Regal in inclination, her self-proclaimed mining kingdom is vital to the other villages. Her weapon of choice is her Meteoroid Mace- but she also has a sizeable Elemental Blaster embedded in her chest.

The Protector of Water

The latest in a long line of village elders, this woman is the elite warrior of the Water Region. Paranoid and a bit worrisome, she is afraid of the ocean beyond the borders of the village and the secrets that lie within it. Her weapon of choice is her Elemental SCUBA, which she clings too a bit too much when on expeditions.

(I have forgotten what that bit of gear is called- when someone reminds me I will edit that bit!)

The Protector of Jungle

The latest in a long line of village elders, this woman is the elite warrior of the Jungle Region. An agile beast, she is very proud of her village and the enjoyable life they have created from the lush jungle. Her weapon of choice is her Elemental bow. Don't ask her whether it runs on Air or Jungle though...

Not bad. But why did you replace the silver hands by black ones ? This kinda ruins the color scheme, IMO. :sceptic:

Very similar to the mods I made before, only I used black bones and put the piston pieces on the lower legs. Oh, and no ball cups on his shoulders, I can sorta get past that. Also noticed you heightened the gearbox slightly. That definitely helps.

Not bad. But why did you replace the silver hands by black ones ? This kinda ruins the color scheme, IMO. :sceptic:

It looks like gloves:

2009_power_trip_jet_black_gloves_black.jpg

I like the look and did the same thing with Tahu. They're the only ones who are getting it for now, though.

That y joint on the torso is a great idea, might have to try that. Although I kinda miss the green.

It looks like gloves

That's what I thought first, but I wasn't sure, since Bionicle characters don't wear gloves (BTW, I know what a glove is, I don't need a picture :tongue: ).

Edited by Leewan

Here's my mod of Kopaka.

BQrmXyo.jpg?1

The few mods I've done include:

Removal of trans blue bones to make him feel more solid

Dark Grey bones and Light grey weapon technic bits

Entirely revamped shield attachment and pins w/ stud on his shield halves

4iQUTTo.jpg?1

The Master of Ice

Kopaka is a noble and cold hero. At home in the icy tundra of Okoto, he spends his time pondering in the bleakness of his habitat. His fellow Toa heroes can see him as a bit too cold, arrogant, and unfeeling; but he struggles at times to maintain this sangfroid facade in the face of stress. A long time ago, he was the happiest of the Toa. But now he sees his team and their unity as paramount to himself, and relies almost entirely on a sense of the 'greater good'.

Did someone say that it's too wet outside? Thanks, Gali!

Here's my mods of Gali, Master of Water:

XqW73Vk.jpg?1

My mods to her include:

• Replacing her silver with titanium and gold
  • Making her arms entirely transparent, giving a 'water spirit' effect

I would like to ask for opinions on the gold. While it sticks out in the pictures, I have since replaced her upper arm armor with 3M gold shells, and it looks even better with her Golden mask on. I'm still sorta dissatisfied with the upper arms still.

lAKB5QC.jpg?1

The Master of Water

Gali is a kind and merciful Toa.

At home in the swamps and lakes of Okoto, she spends her time surfing the currents patrolling and daydreaming.

Her fellow Toa heroes can see her as a bit too pushy or vengeful at times, but she only wishes to bring people together.

A long time ago, she was a hard-edged and sarcastic girl; but now she has developed into the voice of reason that her team so often needs.

Kopaka: "The Lord is heading into the Avalanche Hills! Follow me!"

Gali: "I hope those skis of yours are big enough to haul Toa-ice-cubes, then."

Lewa: "This is bad comedy, mermaid!"

I also have pretty much my finalized my Ekimu:

dH2DtQ0.jpg?1

The legendary Mask Maker Ekimu, long thought to be dead in a tomb, has been awakened without his Mask of Creation. Now he has been taken over by the Lord of Skull Spiders, bent on using his mind to find the masks he created so long ago. Now Skull Ekimu strikes with a hammer fueled by venom and a vengeance endowed upon him by the Skull Spider Army. Can the Toa free their long-lost mentor from the evil that is controlling him, or can Ekimu, in all his mastery, figure out how this Mask works and use its controlling power to his own advantage?

He's missing a few pieces, namely his shoulder-pads, and I pulled a couple of bits from other sets to throw him together for photography.

The omitted pieces include his shoulder-pads (because Chima), his hammer bits (that I will talk about in a second), and the MoC (of course).

A few comments I want to make on him include:

• The mask. I decided to use the Golden Skull Spider for multiple reasons, mainly coming down to the fact that I have an extra mask that isn't going anywhere, there seems to be little-to-no canonical significant to it, and that it enables to me to come up with the neat little psuedocanon story above. (Spoilers: in the end of my story he will get the MoC and dons the Mask of Animal Control (aka this mask) to disband the Skull Army, having learned how to control the mask. This will lead to him learning the art of control and being able to withstand the corrupting influences of the MoUP.)
  • The hammer. I wanted to make a chunky, solid battlehammer, which I did. However, it's been brought up that perhaps his hammer is made from the new multi-stud-shooter. I have made a little prototype and have to say that I much favor my design without them. Also, those pieces should be trans-light-blue instead of trans-neon-green, but I used pieces that I have on hand.
  • The gearbox. I thought for a long time as to how to connect it in a way that would fit with a Protector-sized being. After a few different designs I have settled on this design, which uses these to create a half-stud offset, the closest I can get to the body without colliding with the 5M shell.

Here's my final two Toa, Onua and Lewa.

3I3upIo.jpg?1

The Master of Jungle

Lewa is an agile and sly Toa.

At home under the canopy of Okoto's great jungle, he spends his time with the marvelous creatures around him.

His fellow Toa heroes can see him as too sarcastic or dangerous, but he is a free spirit who means the best.

A long time ago, he was the foremost trader on Okoto; now he is bound to a team of others and he must learn that.

TvvlOSm.jpg?1

Both of these sets have little changed to them.

On Lewa, I removed his Keetorange and lowered his gearbox a module.

xLdTqkL.jpg?1

The Master of Earth

Onua is a wise and powerful Toa.

At home in the mines and caves of Okoto, he spends his time either pondering on philosophy or dreaming.

His fellow Toa heroes can see him as a bit too slow or clumsy, but he is the team's greatest source of wisdom.

A long time ago, he was a savage brute; now he has seen what wisdom can offer.

cygrKsy.jpg?1

Both of these sets have little changed to them.

On Onua, I gave him Dark Grey bones and removed his gold armoring.

I also did even more changes to Pohatu:

His right arm is now armored up, featuring a wrist-mounted dagger.

I gave him new storage for his 'Rangs, which also gives him something very special... Wingarangs!

This ends my Bionicle 2015 mods. Don't worry, I will have more to post soon! :tongue:

I love your replacement of the black pins on the weapons (Tahu, Kopaka, Gali) with the light grey ones with studs. I'm definitely copying that technique!

I love your replacement of the black pins on the weapons (Tahu, Kopaka, Gali) with the light grey ones with studs. I'm definitely copying that technique!

You're more than welcome to! It's a wonderful technique and one that I wish Lego would use more often, because it makes it so easy to remove the attachments again instead of the pin sticking to the foot and having to rip it back out and stuff like that.

By the way, I made an imgur album summarizing all of my sets with more high-res pictures. I am very happy with the Bionicle 2015 wave, and even happier that it's been so fun to make my own versions. Thanks to everyone who has given me positive feedback!

You're more than welcome to! It's a wonderful technique and one that I wish Lego would use more often, because it makes it so easy to remove the attachments again instead of the pin sticking to the foot and having to rip it back out and stuff like that.

By the way, I made an imgur album summarizing all of my sets with more high-res pictures. I am very happy with the Bionicle 2015 wave, and even happier that it's been so fun to make my own versions. Thanks to everyone who has given me positive feedback!

For me it's more of the fact that the black pins look so unsightly on the weapons than the ease of removing them. But it's a great mod! I'll definitely be modding some of my sets too, though not to the extent you have. Thanks for sharing.

Here's a revamp that came out of excess parts: 8989 Mata Nui!

4cVCJ5B.jpg?1

I scrapped the Flame Orange parts from Lewa and while I was staring at them in my bin I thought to make this.

I really liked this set, and it was a shame to see his joints crumble to bits. Now I have remade him using CCBS!

On his sword you can see a technique that I have fallen in love with- using the pin with stud to attach weapons to pin holes in a way that they are easily removable, and in a way that is easy and works well with the color of most weapons, silver. On this revamp this allows for easy storage of his sword.

HYJyHzn.jpg?1

I love your take on a CCBS Mata Nui. I would just like to know how you attached the torso armor?

When I start posting the Toa, I will link higher-res versions of the images.

I love your take on a CCBS Mata Nui. I would just like to know how you attached the torso armor?

One of these liftarms and one of these liftarms.

While I'm in here, I'm going to go ahead and throw down an idea I had a while ago: Ultrabuild Ultron.

GkBDnxl.jpg?2

The head is what inspired it, because it is obviously inspired by Ultron in a wraparound reference sort of way.

I also have an Iron Man to go with him.

vtww7Ro.jpg?2

Of course, they enjoy fighting a lot.

DoLB2Vr.jpg?2

Hello all! I've had a good long while to sit on all my modifications, of which I have made quite a few. I'm at the point where I pretty much consider myself finished with all of them, only a few minor tweaks that would require more purchases than what I can make right now. I've added some more things, replaced some things, and finally gotten the Skull Villains in-hand to do what I please with. I've rounded up all my sets again and taken some good pictures for posterity's sake. As always, feel free to give feedback and ask questions.

• Here's my album of the Toa Masters. Of note is a solution I came up with a short while ago for mask storage.
  • Here's my album of the Protectors. Includes Ekimu and a surprise guest!
  • Here's my album of the Skull Villains. Also includes LoSS and another surprise guest!

Two months until the 2016 sets hit!

Well, I haven't been around for a while. 2016 modifications won't be coming for a while, because I have yet to get Onua, and majority of the Creatures, and now the Summer wave. I figured that it would be a good time to share my Hero Factory mods, where I worked to create definitive versions of the heroes.

I understand. Thanks a lot for sharing these HF MODs though. I love how you stayed true to the Hero's personality, while still adding your own flare and expanding LEGO's ideas. I especially like the coverage and creativity you have given all of these, with the guitar weapon on Stringer, and the simple and effective build of Breeze. Everyone seems to get their full potential full-filled. and they all combine their best forms into one hero.