Still, I'll get two of this pack, although I still want to know what they look like next to the Inquisitor...

I can take a picture for you later on.

Welp, that just confirms for me that getting a pair (or quartet) of Shadow Guards to be the Inquisitor's flunkies is a good idea! :excited:

Wow, thanks so much for that picture kr-lik, it's really helpful (and awesome).

I'll probably get four of those Shadow Guards to go with the Inquisitor, as he hasn't had any sort of elite troops or guards in the series so far. It's almost like Lego gave us this battlepack to go with the Inquisitor.

The issue is, I'm going to have problems sticking to only two of the set...

Did the speeder actually appear in the game or is it something comp;etely made-up by LEGO?

Yeah, it's completely made up. That's ashame, as I'm sure they could have come up with something that does.

Some of the best imperial troops lego has made. I can't wait to pick up a couple of these packs.

I got to agree Fuppy, the shadow guards would look better with a trans red head.

I disagree. You probably wouldn't be able to see these visor because the helmets are pitch black.

Solid dark red would have been better.

Thanks for the review kr-lik!

I thought I would prefer the Shadow Guards, but I actually prefer the look of troopers. The guards just don't seem to have enough detail, especially considering they only have plain red heads and the new Iron Legion Drones from Avengers have awesome trans printed heads.

Still, I'll get two of this pack, although I still want to know what they look like next to the Inquisitor...

Wouldn't it just be easier then for you to buy both and mix the heads? I collect Star Wars not Marvel so if i even considered buying Marvel it would have to be a dang good reason.

I disagree. You probably wouldn't be able to see these visor because the helmets are pitch black.

Solid dark red would have been better.

There are only few Minifigs that If Lego does make deserve Colored visors. The Republic special forces such as Omega squad for example is one of such Minifigs that would be really popular I believe and should have a non-standard visor.

Wow, thanks so much for that picture kr-lik, it's really helpful (and awesome).

I'll probably get four of those Shadow Guards to go with the Inquisitor, as he hasn't had any sort of elite troops or guards in the series so far. It's almost like Lego gave us this battlepack to go with the Inquisitor.

The issue is, I'm going to have problems sticking to only two of the set...

I find it better to buy what you need. The Inquisitor is a very nice figure and would work well with the Shadow Guard. I do see your point though. Sticking to two sets is hard to do. Especially with what you intend to do with the guards. I bought 2 of the sets and I love them. I have the Shadow Guard and Shadow Troopers with my Republic army Since the Shadow troopers unless told otherwise are basically clones and the Guards are just basically the elite for of the Royal Guards. Currently I have my Shadow guards protecting Yoda on "Missions" and the 4 Royal guards that i have protecting him when he is at "Home" since i don't yet have Palpatine

The shadow troopers are stormtroopers. They have the same print as the OT ones from the ISD. The guards make infinitely more sense if the troopers are stormtroopers, since both are from the OT. You could use them in a Republic army, but I prefer to keep my PT (including CW) and OT separate.

The shadow troopers are stormtroopers. They have the same print as the OT ones from the ISD. The guards make infinitely more sense if the troopers are stormtroopers, since both are from the OT. You could use them in a Republic army, but I prefer to keep my PT (including CW) and OT separate.

Technically the stormtroopers (Unless it says differently) ARE mainly clone troopers so you could use them however you want

Technically the stormtroopers (Unless it says differently) ARE mainly clone troopers so you could use them however you want

The stromtroopers that were previously clone troopers quickly became a dying race. Most stormtroopers are made up of recruits.

The stromtroopers that were previously clone troopers quickly became a dying race. Most stormtroopers are made up of recruits.

I realize this but until Lego starts putting other faces on them besides clone faces I will treat them as clones

I realize this but until Lego starts putting other faces on them besides clone faces I will treat them as clones

To each their own, I guess. They only do that because producing different faces would be a huge pain.

To each their own, I guess. They only do that because producing different faces would be a huge pain.

would still help if they had at least one face different then the others

They wear helmets, I fail to see how their face matters.

That may change in TFA due to rumors involving certain stormtroopers.

it matters because of the fact tht NON-clones had different armor. NON-clones had modifications to fit them

it matters because of the fact tht NON-clones had different armor. NON-clones had modifications to fit them

I'm lost here. The stormtroopers are a faceless army. What does it matter that TLG makes every Stormie with the same face? And non clone stormtroopers have the same armor. Every stormtrooper I've ever seen has had the exact same armor.

The mods are the difference and yes its a "faceless" army so if thats the case then y arent they just blank heads instead of clone heads huh

The mods are the difference and yes its a "faceless" army so if thats the case then y arent they just blank heads instead of clone heads huh

I honestly have no idea what you're saying here. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that English isn't your first language.

modifications to the armor so that non-standard troopers can wear their armor and have no issues with it. If its a faceless army y not use blank heads

modifications to the armor so that non-standard troopers can wear their armor and have no issues with it. If its a faceless army y not use blank heads

Ok. I assume though that the only modifications would be on the inside, since clone troopers are about an average build. It's a faceless army I'm te respect that we never see their faces. If we never see them, what should it matter what faces they have? It doesn't automatically mean they're clones.

i realize this but it never does tell during the movies if the stormtroopers are clone or non-clone

and you have to remember that some species besides humans were used so there would be a change in the armor for them even on the outside

Edited by BigJoe

i realize this but it never does tell during the movies if the stormtroopers are clone or non-clone

and you have to remember that some species besides humans were used so there would be a change in the armor for them even on the outside

the Imperial Military machine has always looked down on alien species, including the most human-like ones. as far as cannon is concerned every single trooper we see is human (clone or otherwise) meaning that modifications would be on the same line as pant sizes...

According to Disney canon, we don't know. If you want definitive answers, look to the EU. From TLG's stand point, making varied soliders is pointless, especially when we never see any faces. It would be a nightmare for everyone. I don't care what you do with your troops. Customize them and display them as you like. That's the beauty of Lego.