Peasantseverywhere

Favourite Lego Superheroes 2014 Set ?

2014 is nearly over and throughout the year we've have some great new sets for the Superheroes theme, but the question is, which has been your favourite. These can include the normal sets and UCS Tumber, aswell as any polybags you have particularly liked.

You can either choose your overall favourite set or separate it between the two different themes of Marvel and DC, i think i will do both.

Marvel - Milano Spaceship Rescue

DC - Jokers Steamroller

Overall - Milano Spaceship Rescue

DC - The Tumbler

Marvel - Milano

Hard to really decide, The figures were great in most of them but other than the large-more expensive sets, it's hard to choose a set.

DC- Riddler Chase, just because it gave me my favourite superhero!! Didn't really care for another riddler, but at least the variant of batman looked good.

Marvel- Hulk Lab Smash, it finally gave the hood in a white color. I've been waiting for that hood for a long time, and that set finally gave it to me.

If we're counting polybags, my vote goes to Rocket Raccoon with baby Groot. Not only does it feature two of the most popular characters from one of the most popular movies this year, but the minifig is also very highly detailed and Groot's parts are useful and fairly rare. And it even comes with some stickers which are very useful both for pimping your Milano or for MOCs.

As for real sets, I'd say the Milano. The DC side was so bad it doesn't even compete with Marvel. 2015 is a different story, of course.

Could a mod add a poll to this topic?

For my favorite sets, I'll choose:

DC: 10672 Batman: Defend the Batcave (Juniors)

This was easily the DC set I had the most fun with. It really had a 60's vibe, and I love the new regular blue Batman that was included. Although there was a missed opportunity for a Cesar Romero Joker, everything else was great. This may come as a shock, but this was my favorite DC set. None of the other ones (bar the Penguin one) included any impressive builds, and even then I felt the minifigure selection was boring. This is especially evident in the lack of quality in the 2014 sets when compared to the new 2015 DC wave thus far.

Marvel: 76022 X-Men vs. the Sentinel

This was a tough choice, since I also very much enjoyed the Red Skull and Hulk Smash sets, but for me, finally getting more X-Men and their iconic jet along with an equally iconic enemy just took the edge. The jet is just so fun to swoosh around, as is the Sentinel.

For DC the only set I own and like is the Scuba batman VS Penguin set. All the others, 'cept the Tumbler are just...so..lame. Sorry.

Marvel had a better year in terms of size and quality. I have to go with the Captain on this, the 20 dollar sets and the X jet were great so that makes it kinda tuff. I have to go with Milano hands down. Great set from a great movie, add in the rocket poly bag and BAM! You got a winner

I do not own the X-Jet yet (tracking says tomorrow, though :grin: ) but my votes go to:

Marvel: Milano Spaceship rescue (...just WOW!) - and I add the Rocket poly on top, as it belongs to the set in my eyes :classic:

DC: Penguin Face-off (absolutely cute set with a Burtonesque vibe, nice mini build and 2 exclusive and nice figs!)

Edited by KCMatze

To expand on my previous post, the Riddler Chase has a lot of sentimental value to me. It was the first Lego set I'd bought in years and the first contribution to my now enormous minifigure collection. It also included Riddler and Flash, my favourite villain and my favourite hero. Plus the fact that there was a brilliant batman minifigure included, and the bat mobile was outstanding. Finally add in the fact that it was great quality for its price, this makes it easily my favourite DC set of the year and it will always be up there as one of my favourites no matter what DC release in the future.

Marvel: Hulk Lab Smash - This is my favourite because of the minifigures :wub: and also because I never got any of the avengers sets but really wanted to have the team

DC: Riddler Chase- Because of FLASH :drool:

Dc - arkham asylam.

And if the price were cheaper i would buy a couple more to make it bigger still...

A joker, a harly, scarecrow, a tim drake robin in hood and a poison ivey. This set is great.

The cells are good for displaying the figures as well.

On the marvel front, i was really surprised by the spiderman green goblin helicopter set.

I was expecting it to be shit as spiderman is not someone i associate with vehicles...

But i really liked it!

DC - I'd have said Riddler Chase if we hadn't got the Flash in his own set this year. And while I was glad to see a Nightwing, Man-Bat's wings were a bit dissappointing. So I'm going with Joker's Steamroller for giving us BABS and DAMIEN WAYNE in minifg form, plus a cool Joker vareint and henchmen. The steamroller was a fun build to. Pity about the Batwing but...

Marvel - As a child of the 90's the Avengers weren't on my radar, and I think I collect Lego that I wish was around when I was young. The only Spidey set I liked was the one with the comic book Doc Oc. But i was a really, really big X-Men fan as a kid thanks to the animated series, so a set with the X-Jet and Sentinel wins hands down. More X-Men please Lego to make this vote harder in future!!!

DC - Not a brilliant year for DC, but my favourite set was Man-Bat Attack. It may be because I got it close to half price, but it came with some great minifigures and a very satisfying build.

Marvel - On the other hand, Marvel had a great year! I have to go with The Milano Spaceship Rescue, with Hulk Lab Smash not far behind. The Milano was a phenomenal set with awesome minifigures and a large ship.

Overall - The Milano Spaceship Rescue

Dc - didnt get any (dont collect dc, but am really tempted by those new sets)

Marvel - ooh tough one. I think the x-men set. But i also love the hulk smash, the red skull and doc ock set

Nothing in DC's lineup this year earned a buy from me, but I bought a few sets on Marvel's side. For the ones I bought, the Milano was my favorite, while the Star-Blaster was a close second. Definitely looking forward to 2015, though (oh, that Javelin set. Oh, those Avengers sets.)

Marvel: Milano HANDS DOWN, The best marvel set we've had out of the three years we've had the line so far. Great exclusive figures, amazing printing and molding, a fantastic looking ship that looks identical to source material with the best interior we've had yet in a marvel vehicle. The quinjet next year will have to have a decent interior if it wants to even match this.

DC: Riddler Chase: Awesome minfigures, a great intimidating new version of the bat mobile and the first ever Lego Flash Appearance.

DC - Riddler Chase. Love the new torso for Batman (if only they changed Spider-Man once in a while), the design of the batmobile, getting a Flash minifigure, and a Riddler that isn't wearing a unitard.

Marvel - Never got any this year, but the X-Men set looked pretty cool.

Edited by Crescent Rain

Marvel: X-Men set. Great minifigures (except Magneto), cool Sentinel, and not a bad (if small) jet.

DC: Joker's Steamroller set. Great minifigures of classic looks and a cool simple build. Plus lots of vibrant brick colors.

Overall a much quieter year for comic sets.

DC -> Brainiac Attack: I love the figs

Marvel -> The Milano: My favorite spaceship LEGO has ever made

Edited by MODOCTORDOOM