Sign in to follow this  
Ecclesiastes

Market Day

(Legoworld Copenhagen countdown: 7 weeks left! Amortug will be on display for the last time at Kopenhagen. So I’ll count down the days by showing detailed photos of two modules every week.)

15943460029_6b5d94896d_c.jpg

Do you like fish that’s just been caught or freshly baked bread? Or even fruits from outside our borders. Than the Amortug market is the place to be!

16127633451_8feb6f0537_c.jpg

16128790272_472b3fc2cf_c.jpg

16103753666_a066b50f84_c.jpg

15942103458_94ab6df6d6_c.jpg

An impressive city wall and a nice new approach to market stands.

This is a lovely, lively scene!

I am, however, a bit surprised to see that you are using tall dwarves as city guards -what is the reason behind this?

Thanks!

I am, however, a bit surprised to see that you are using tall dwarves as city guards -what is the reason behind this?

I completely understand your confusion, like you others have mentioned it as well. But I can't stand the short legs TLC has made. It limits minifig placing and you're unable to make kids. We need a new mold for legs slightly taller than those short ones and they should be able to move.

That house with a four sided pyramid roof is really neat! A roof technique I will have to try out some day! Also like the way you did the stall coverings.

Awesome marketplace Ecc, great use of the barrels on the house corners and excellent cheese roofs :wink::thumbup:

That roof technique is indeed neat. I really like the height of the catwalk and wall, though. It really gives the impression of a massive, well-engineered structure.

Love the little house designs :wub: Great color choices and the cheese slope roofs work nicely.

Very clever market stands too, another design I'll be sure to remember for future builds :thumbup:

I just love that bridge over the houses! So imposing! The colours and the houses are also excellent! :wub:

Thanks guys!

one of the modules I haven't seen yet, and yes, awesome as always!

The problem with building the way I do with cities is, you can't really see the inside. It's a bit of a shame. But that's why I'm showing the modules :classic:

Wonderful, Ecc.!

The different colors and styles of the buildings and market stalls makes an excellent presentation! I still would love to be able to see this in person, but I can see where you are coming from in that the interior is not easily visible when it is all together. Keep doing these detail shots of the modules so we can see all the neat details!

lovely work on this! Those roofs are killers, and the marketplace is fantastic! I really like the small market stalls, those are particularly well designed. The high walls and tower accents this build nicely :)

I love the market stalls with so many different colors there. The different style houses are great too! :classic:

I completely understand your confusion, like you others have mentioned it as well. But I can't stand the short legs TLC has made. It limits minifig placing and you're unable to make kids. We need a new mold for legs slightly taller than those short ones and they should be able to move.

I think I've mentioned before that BrickFortress has short legs that move... I bought several a couple years ago and am itching to place another order now that they have dark green & dark brown. They're slightly taller than Lego's short legs, so that might be enough for you (tho it's very slight)

Another option--not ideal since it involves work every time to move the character--is just using 2 1x2 plates. I did that for my Wicket the Ewok minifig, since he should be shorter than all the other Ewoks (except perhaps Paploo, tho I don't have Paploo yet). It works great for lining up on a shelf, but placing securely in a build is where the work would come in, having to remove the plate that'll inevitably stick to the base rather than the figure.

Tall or short, your dwarves look great! Love the Gimli helms with Fantasy dwarf beards. Beautiful build overall!

Love the pillars, only gripe would be that it could have been made better with some more brickwork. Otherwise this is a great dwarven moc! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Seeing part by part, i cannot imagine how big this will be in total... Excellent work though, every part has the livelyness of any town, and lots of details!