Hi guys! Recently I've been having a problem on my Mac when using LDD. Whenever I try to save a new project, LDD will load a while, then crash. The file saves, but it is un-openable. Saving an existing file is fine. Has anyone had a similar problem? Can I do anything to fix it? My Mac is a 2012 Macbook pro 15 inch. I'm running the latest version of LDD 4.3 (.5?) Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

(BTW if this is supposed to go somewhere, feel free to move it :laugh:)

EDIT: I've also found I can't take screenshots using LDD. It crashes, but the screenshot isn't saved.

Edited by GuyDudeMan27

I'm experiencing same problem. I have tried to reinstall LDD, but no help. Old files still can be opened, modified and saved without crashes (or very rare crashes). But no new file can be saved, even if it is only 2x4 brick, constant crashing on save.

Odd that both of you get the same problem. I recall Lychir having a problem too with the MAC version, but not sure it was related.

Can you start LDD in Safe Mode (Compatibility Level set max to the right), and then try to save. Also try "Save As" LXFML. Just to see if you can get the file saved so it can be examined.

Alright, I tried safe mode, but nothing changed. I also tried saving it as a .lfxml.lfx, which did work. When I left safe mode, I couldn't save it at all, .lfx or .lfxml.

Edited by GuyDudeMan27

Problems reported by other users seems to show some problem with the last version(s?) of OSX.

At start I thought that the problem was related to some change in the creation of zip files (maybe the new versions of OSX changed something in the libraries related to create archives and LDD uses the integrated functionality), but it seems you have difficulties with lxfml files too, so this hypothesis seems to be not much likely.

Did you try, as suggested by NickAb, to open, modify and save an old LDD file? Maybe in the meantime you can work around the issue using an empty lxf file as a base for your creations (you make a copy of the file every time you have to start a new creation).

Did you try, as suggested by NickAb, to open, modify and save an old LDD file? Maybe in the meantime you can work around the issue using an empty lxf file as a base for your creations (you make a copy of the file every time you have to start a new creation).

That'd work. I don't primarily use my Mac for LDD so I should be fine.