Hello, my entry for the TC6 contest it's a heavy forklift truck, the Hyster 32-12.

The model has 8 functions (4 IR or 2 sBricks), it's 50% built at the moment and nearly completed on LDD/MLcad.

Soon I'll put updates (photos, video, notes)

Here a pic of what an Hyster 32-12 is:

H25_32_XM_Heavy_Duty_Forklift_Truck_App2.png

Thanks, and hold on for news.

Video:

800x533.jpg

800x533.jpg

Edited by TheItalianBrick

He can have more than 4 functions if he use some gearbox system to split power to more functions. But only like this, not through 4 IR receivers.

He can have more than 4 functions if he use some gearbox system to split power to more functions. But only like this, not through 4 IR receivers.

That's not a problem since I can simply not use the others 4 functions. Basically the model has 8 functions, I'll only show and use 4 of them....does it make sense? To be honest that rule of the "gearbox" it's something I don't find fair simply cos I could use 10 gearboxes and create infinite functions :laugh:

Anyway.....In the video I will only show driving, steering, bending the forks and lifting the forks......is this ok?

P.S. all I can do is to remove 4 functions to entry the contest, after the contest Ill create a topic showing the "normal" version of it..... this should be ok!

That's not a problem since I can simply not use the others 4 functions. Basically the model has 8 functions, I'll only show and use 4 of them....does it make sense? To be honest that rule of the "gearbox" it's something I don't find fair simply cos I could use 10 gearboxes and create infinite functions :laugh:

Anyway.....In the video I will only show driving, steering, bending the forks and lifting the forks......is this ok?

P.S. all I can do is to remove 4 functions to entry the contest, after the contest Ill create a topic showing the "normal" version of it..... this should be ok!

The contest is about utilizing 4 ports of the IR receivers or SBrick(s). Using a gearbox has nothing to do with fairness. If you can create infinite functions using 4 output ports....go ahead.

But You can have 4 functions in your model, no more, no less. Read the rules.

The rules have changed a bit.

The contest is about utilizing 4 ports of the IR receivers or SBrick(s). Using a gearbox has nothing to do with fairness. If you can create infinite functions using 4 output ports....go ahead.

The rules have changed a bit.

Sorry Jim but if it's a Sbrick(s) contest why there should be a limit on the number of Sbricks used? Anyway.....can I use 4 IR/ 2 sbricks or not? this still not clear to me....sorry.

Sorry Jim but if it's a Sbrick(s) contest why there should be a limit on the number of Sbricks used? Anyway.....can I use 4 IR/ 2 sbricks or not? this still not clear to me....sorry.

The idea is that the model you build can be operated by a single SBrick. I'm assuming not everyone entering has an SBrick, so that's why IR receivers can be used. When the third place winner receives his/her SBrick, he/she can substitute the IR receivers with the SBrick.

It's an SBrick contest because you can win SBricks.

From my side it's not clear why people are making this a lot more complicated than necessary. Create a model using 4 motors and you'll be fine. Keep it simple.

From my side it's not clear why people are making this a lot more complicated than necessary. Create a model using 4 motors and you'll be fine. Keep it simple.

I understand what you mean about get more complicated......but some people like me wants to push it to the limit and create an epic model.

Anyway, I'll use only 2 IR/ 1 Sbrick for the entry.....but I'll keep the other functions just as aesthetic (for istance La actuator for expanding the forks will be there but not connected to any motor or output...) This should be fine.

You can get inspiration from Dalafik's C-model of the 42009 mobile crane. I looks like the same machine.

erm..no thanks! Let me explain....it's the same machine....sure....but mine it's a bit more detailed, and better done. Once you will see you will understand. :thumbup:

No hard feelings my friend.....it's just that 25 years of design Mocs has it's weight at the end of the day :wub: :wub:

Hello, here some screenshots from LDD. I'm synthesizing the wires on Lsynth at the moment in order to create better renderings and instructions later on!

The model it's also built, but I'm waiting for a BO order to complete the body as I don't have all the white beams. So guys wait a bit more...soon I'll update you!

I can post a pic of the built frame if you want! :wub:

double weel on the front: total of 6 Unimog wheels, real wheels steering 45 degrees!!!!!!!!

it has a 2 gears "swinging" gearbox remote controlled (not for this contest due to the 4 functions limitations), low gear for loading and unloading the load and high gear for when moving around.

pendular real axle aswell. Also the rear wheel where steered by a linear actuator....at the moment this solution it's on a stand by cos I need to make few improvements.

Hyster32_12_1.png

folding cabin on a side, 45/50 degrees like the real one. The steering wheel in the cabin works while the rear wheel are steered

Hyster32_12_2.png

the all body can be disassembled, plus the are side panels can be opened to inspection the engine (like the real one)

Hyster32_12_5.png

Hyster32_12_7.png

The forks can be extended (inboard or outboard, but this function won't be shown for this contest)

Hyster32_12_8.png

Hyster32_12_9.png

It looks really good! :thumbup: Only complaint I have is the two large LAs for tilting the lifting assembly.. they look way way too big compared to the picture of the real truck in your first post.. Might look better with small LAs?

How did I miss this? Looks really awesome! And nice color too, not many white construction or such models.

How did I miss this? Looks really awesome! And nice color too, not many white construction or such models.

Thanks Zblj, I have enough yellows beams but somehow I do prefer the white one! Also because we don't see white Mocs so often as you said!! But in LDD I made some blue and red versions....they look amazing too! :wub:

It looks really good! :thumbup: Only complaint I have is the two large LAs for tilting the lifting assembly.. they look way way too big compared to the picture of the real truck in your first post.. Might look better with small LAs?

True, but there are 2 things to consider; the big La are part of the "big scale"....think of it...Unimog tyres..long wheel base....the model it's huge and the weight it's about 3.5 KGs ( 11 motors for the full functions version)

The second reason is that at the moment they are all extended.....in MlCad I have the short version....so they look more appropriate! And the real pic has black ones...black is a color that makes eveything looking smaller!.....unfortunately in LEGO we only have mid grey La! :sadnew:

Instructions and partslist PLEASE!!!?????

After the contest! this version it's only with 4 functions in order to meet the rules, after the contest I'll show you the full version, 8+1 functions! :wub: :wub: :wub: Soon I'll start with instructions.... :tongue:

That is why only 4 functions are RC for the contest.

After the contest he is going to make it full RC.

Love it already, but won't be able to build it any time soon.

This looks like a brilliant entry, but I do agree with Jim, he has made the rules very clear.

As Dafgek said this is the 4 functions version only....after the contest it will have 9 functions :)

Love it already, but won't be able to build it any time soon.

You mean because you haven't got all the pieces or because of the end of the contest is far away? I'll try to be ready with instructions soon after the end of the voting...

You mean because you haven't got all the pieces or because of the end of the contest is far away? I'll try to be ready with instructions soon after the end of the voting...

Dafgek81 likes to plan ahead! :wink:

It is more the lack off money for my hobby, I am only a truckdriver not a miljonair.

Hoping to build the Actros from Bruckforge, posted it a while ago, but was shocked about the costs to build it.

This forklift looks really cool in combination with your colour choice. According to the tyres, this model must be huge. :grin:

I hope to build a lot.

I collect instructions for the time that there will grow money on my plants and I can build whatever I want.

Hope keeps you living...

Have sold a lot off my old hobbystuff and got a few newyear tips from costumers, got about half off all the parts I need to build the Actros.

After that I think I want to build the Iveco from Lucio.

And after that we shall see.

Edited by Dafgek81

It is more the lack off money for my hobby, I am only a truckdriver not a miljonair.

Hoping to build the Actros from Bruckforge, posted it a while ago, but was shocked about the costs to build it.

This forklift looks really cool in combination with your colour choice. According to the tyres, this model must be huge. :grin:

Dafgek as Pluto said this model it's huge! The Unimog looks small close to it...it counts at the moment 3200 parts more or less...but as you said it's all about saving money, buy from the right shops to save a bit aswell....so hope people will be able to build it and enjoy the huge playability of it! I'm testing the forks lifting capacity aswell....my goal it's to lift the LEGO Maersk! I have one built here...fingers are crossed!