murtaughf3

My Lego intent is changing, has/is yours?

So I've been back in Lego for just over a year. I originally got back into when I purchased a few sets for my daughter, and discovered Bricklink. My intent was to sell enough to pay for my daughters sets. So over the last year I've grown from 0 pieces to just over 50,000 in my store. Hasn't really worked out that way I was hoping it would, sales have been kinda slow and random at best. I now find myself wanting to pull from my own inventory and start building sets and creations. I figure I'll still keep the store because I know there's lots of pieces I won't be using and sets I don't want to build. I figure just pull what I want to start a city of my own.

So naturally I was curious if anyone else got back into or started into lego with the intent to resell and changed to building and collection with an emphasis on selling second.

I'm sure pulling and updating my inventory with pieces I'm removing will be time consuming, but none the less I believe that is direction I'm heading.

You have to know what sets to buy and where to sell them. I have gotten sets with the intent to sell and ended up keeping them because I wouldn't make much over a $20 profit. I figured it was best to just wait a long while. Sets go up way more over time. Give it a few years for the sets that aren't selling.

Thanks for the input. The majority of what I do is part out. I do hang onto a few sets but not many. Did a lot of sets last year with a ok return I guess. But I've come to like parting out more.