Sign in to follow this  
rodiziorobs

Target after-Christmas clearance 2014

Just stopped by my local Target to see they had several sets on clearance:

Lots of Chima down 15% or more including Legend Beasts and of course Speedorz--which seem to be on perpetual clearance

All Hero factory IFB down as much as 30%

Some Creator down 25-50% (including 31019 Forest animals at 50%)

Some Lego Movie down 30%

Storage boxes, clocks, watches down up to 30%

Sadly, no clearance discounts on City, SW, or Super Heroes.

Edit: some large (not arctic) City sets were marked down 15%, and Juniors as well.

They also had some of the new Bionicle and Classic sets in stock ahead of the 1/1 date.

Edited by rodiziorobs

I saw a few SW sets on clearance. Don't remember which ones or how much of a discount.

I'm surprised the Constructo Mech set is on clearance already.

the lego friends poly bag set number 30115 was marked down to $1.99 i bought 3 to hand out to my little cousins and neighbors kid who is in to the friends sets

I saw the large coast guard boat, police set with truck towing a raft, the lego movie construction mech, and some SW stuff on clearance. I wasn't really paying attention to the markdowns since there wasn't anything too thrilling, mainly interested to see what is still around when the 50-70% off sale hits. No friends sets were marked down. Given that a lot of the Jan 1st friends sets were out (to fill shelf space) even before christmas, I think the theme has been selling too well at least at my store to warrant much clearance.

Pretty annoyed at Target this year. When asking about Series 13 CMF yesterday I was told they couldn't bring them out but there would be a reset overnight. So I went this morning to see what further markdowns there was, and all they did was move existing clearance to a new location and up some sets from 15% to 30%. Mostly Chima, a couple Star Wars. It didn't really look like an "overnight" so much as a "10 minutes before opening" since the LEGO aisle was still 60% bare, unopened cardboard boxes stacked all over the place. No CMF were out. There was another section of 70% off toys (no LEGO) so this may be as big as the markdown gets for LEGO.

I usually do not find any clearance LEGO at Target. But, I am not up their weekly it is more like monthly for me. (The closes Target to me is an hour drive for me.)

Pretty annoyed at Target this year. When asking about Series 13 CMF yesterday I was told they couldn't bring them out but there would be a reset overnight. So I went this morning to see what further markdowns there was, and all they did was move existing clearance to a new location and up some sets from 15% to 30%. Mostly Chima, a couple Star Wars. It didn't really look like an "overnight" so much as a "10 minutes before opening" since the LEGO aisle was still 60% bare, unopened cardboard boxes stacked all over the place. No CMF were out. There was another section of 70% off toys (no LEGO) so this may be as big as the markdown gets for LEGO.

Weird, I found the series 13 two days ago, the box was in the minecraft section though, and was half way full.

The store also had two sets at 50% off, Forest animals and Lavertus' Twin Blade.

I'm in Maryland and Targets are variable around me (but the discounts are better the closer you get to D.C.). I did find a General Greivous Wheelbike marked down to the $17 range, which was great as I was holding out for a clearance price on that one. I'm also seeing discounts on last year's Creator sets and some of the Microfighters.

In the Redmond Target the 2015 LEGO Movie set Bad Cop Car Chase is down to $20, not sure why but I snapped it up! There's plenty left and they all have the sale price... (I think perhaps the employees confused it with the 2014 set Bad Cop's Pursuit, which is also normally $30 and was on sale too)

I haven't even bothered looking for LEGO clearance this year. First time in over a decade. You just don't see the discounts you used to see.

I haven't even bothered looking for LEGO clearance this year. First time in over a decade. You just don't see the discounts you used to see.

Yeah, I was expecting to find the seasonal polybags marked down to below a buck as in other years (but $2 was still too high for me for the Friends one this year), but finding Forest Animals for less than $10 was a great find.

Apparently the Targets I visit suck. I don't think the one I frequent the most (John's Creek, GA) has ever had anything on clearance. They've had the standard sales, but no big markdowns. They also don't seem to get the CMFs until months after the release.

Now, it's not the only Target I visit, but I can't say that I've ever seen better at any of the other ones around where I live. For the record, I don't live in John's Creek, but I have to be in that area (with little to do) for 6 to 7 hours a week, so it's when I have time to go to stores.

I've never even seen any good clearance LEGO at the Walmarts around here, either.

Sign in to follow this