Sign in to follow this  
legofanatic12

What Simpsons will NOT get minifigures?

I really think you guys are over analyzing. If Lego elected to make the Simpsons to begin with then all major characters are likely on the table. Up to and including Duffman. Lego's rules are no human on human killing, animal violence or alcohol in a real world context such as City. Simpsons is considered a licensed fantasy setting.

Duffman might just be borderline, but Moe and Barny are main characters and non issues. Rev. Lovejoy is a named principle character, not simply a depiction of religion. It's the difference of while Lego would not release a Rabbi or Catholic Priest CMF, they would have no issue with Friar Tuck in a Robin Hood theme. Context is important.

I think the only figure we can thankfully rule out out of hand is the full frontal naked skateboarding Bart from the movie (sorry spoilers, consider yourself warned.)

Since there's a topic about DC and Marvel superheroes and villains that LEGO will NOT getting minifigures due to any inappropriate matters. Now this topic is about Simpsons characters from the show that will NOT be releasing by LEGO as minifigures?

I hate to be sensitive, but why would you compare a single license with a collective license? It sounds like LEGO has to do all Simpsons characters and doesn't have to deal with the other individual licenses seriously. Of course, I'm personally not happy about what LEGO is going to do.

As for what the discssion is really about, I agree it'd be interesting to discuss the adult issues behind Simpson franchise (and maybe we could open a topic for all licenses), but the topic title doesn't sound accurate.

I'd say the twins: Sherri and Terri (at least one of them).

My solution is, the two could have two different expressions and are distributed to two different sets (though technically they're usually together).

Edited by Dorayaki

I don't see why not, he is a bus driver. Sure he smokes dope, but then probably so does the hippie in Series 6 CMF

Not just dope. According to the wikia, "He has been seen at Alcoholics Anonymous meetings: "My name is Otto, and I love to get blotto!" Otto has been seen smoking marijuana and during Trappuccino, he used a bong. He once had a hallucination in which his shoes were talking to him as a result of his drug use. Skinner stated that also, at one point, he was apparently driving the bus while on narcotics, wondering if Metallica was indeed the real Metallica with their tour bus broken down, until a narcotic-induced hallucination of a dragon confirmed he wasn't seeing things in regards to Metallica. Otto once submitted a urine sample as part of an application for a job as a prison guard, which contained "crack, smack, uppers, downers, outers, inners, horse tranquilizers, cow paralyzers, blue bombers, green goofers, yellow submarines" and "LSD Mach 3". He only managed to pass because he swapped his sample with Homer's". and in the trivia section it says that "He gave a urine sample that showed he took so many drugs that it only contained trace amounts of human urine."

On top of that, in the last few seasons or so of show, he's been shown EATING the radioactive bar and one opening scene(christmas special) showed him lighting up and getting a sort of hallucination from a candy cane!

Viktor, the Ukrainian Boss - Contains violent content and any Soviet Union references.

Prisoner 3230 - References to crime and violence.

French Chef - References to food poisoning.

Reverend Brogan - A former priest who become a criminal for unknown reasons. And also contains religious references due to the use of a finger puppets of the religious icons.

Edited by legofanatic12

Bleeding Gums Murphy, Troy McClure, Lionel Hutz, Maude Flanders, and maaaaaybe Dr. Nick Rivera.

'cause they're dead.

Dr. Nick Rivera dies in the movie, but in the show he is still alive. You'll still see him in Brick Like Me as one of the members who attended the church.

Troy McClure was retired, not died.

Lionel Hutz is still alive also.

Bleeding Gums Murphy is still in Brick Like Me, but he appears in the portrait not in actual appearance.

Edited by legofanatic12

Edna Krabappel is dead and yet she will be in Series 2

Edited by Robert8

Edna Krabappel is dead and yet she will be in Series 2

She will be in series 2 in honor to Marcia Wallace, a person who voiced Edna in the show.

Them being dead won't exclude them from being made.

When some character dies in the show it means they still being made as a tribute to honor them. Like in The LEGO Movie has Lincoln, Shakespeare, and Michelangelo are real people who had died long time ago before they made into a lego minifigure. It same applies as S5 Cleopatra, S9 Hollywood Starlet (Marilyn Monroe), and S9 Roman Emperor (Julius Caesar).

Plus LEGO made a minifigure of The Joker from the Dark Knight film which is based on Heath Ledger's portrayal.

Edited by legofanatic12

lisa *needs* bleeding gums murphy. ive got her jamming with the band and carollers in the winter village... murphy would finish the scene nicely

Troy McClure was retired, not died.

Lionel Hutz is still alive also.

Actually accorrding to the Wikia, Lionel hutz was also retired after the guy who voiced them was killed by his wife.

Do we know if they're making a Manjula (Apu's wife) minifigure?

I thought we'd get her in the Kwik E Mart set, but she is absent in The Simpsons Series 2 and D2C sets don't get exclusive mould. (As far as I know)

Of course, there is the Snake issue... So, we don't know :classic:

D2C sets don't get exclusive mould. (As far as I know)

Both UCS X-Wing Fighters introduced new molds. The cockpit canopy from the second (current) one was later reused in Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!, but it was exclusive to the X-Wing at the time it came out.

Both UCS X-Wing Fighters introduced new molds. The cockpit canopy from the second (current) one was later reused in Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!, but it was exclusive to the X-Wing at the time it came out.

I didn't know that... That's pretty interesting info. :wink:

Thanks Blondie-Wan

Frank Grimes is definitely off limits. His character died after having a mental breakdown that led to suicide. The episode about him went into very dark humor that is still considered an anomaly for the show.

Here's the video of Simpsons characters who had died.

Look seems that Duffman died, but how he dies in one single episode?

Frank Grimes is definitely off limits. His character died after having a mental breakdown that led to suicide. The episode about him went into very dark humor that is still considered an anomaly for the show.

Edited by legofanatic12

Look seems that Duffman died, but how he dies in one single episode?

This is from the duffman wikia

"When Lenny mentioned that he had heard Duffman died of liver failure, Duffman scoffed "Duffman can never die! (Pause) Only the actors who play him!" This is a reference to real-life corporate mascots such as Ronald McDonald and the Marlboro Man who have been portrayed by multiple actors. The connection to Marlboro Man is expanded by the fact that two of the actors who played Marlboro Man died of lung cancer, a disease related to the product they promoted. Duffman was also shot by Frank Grimes, Jr., and although the wound was not necessarily fatal, Duffman pledged his love to Doris before blacking out. Another Duffman died when Moe putt a sticker on his face. Another Duffman was possibly killed in a blimp crash during a baseball game; it was then revealed that there were three Duffmen working the game that night[1]. And there was also a Duffman who died of liver failure. The Duff corporation does not publicly acknowledge that Duffman is only a fictional character, so as not to disillusion Duffman's "fans". Actors to portray him have been named Joel Duffman, Sid, Larry, Chip Davis and once, Barry Duffman. "

The real Seymour Skinner, not the principal one.

http://simpsons.wiki..._Skinner_(real)

However, his real name of the principal one is Armin Tamzarian.

UPDATED:

Bonestorm Santa = contains weapons and violence.

Frosty the Hitman = any references to gang members by using the word "Hitman" on it.

Mayan Marge = nudity, and cultural discrimination.

Ice Princess Martin = Lisa Simpsons supposed to be Elsa in Tapped Out, but why Martin Prince was chosen to be Elsa even he is a boy? And also was owned by another company. However, they made Bartman in Series 2 which only wears an orange shirt without any licensed symbols on it.

Slave Labor Willie = racism.

Edited by legofanatic12

She will be in series 2 in honor to Marcia Wallace, a person who voiced Edna in the show.

When some character dies in the show it means they still being made as a tribute to honor them. Like in The LEGO Movie has Lincoln, Shakespeare, and Michelangelo are real people who had died long time ago before they made into a lego minifigure. It same applies as S5 Cleopatra, S9 Hollywood Starlet (Marilyn Monroe), and S9 Roman Emperor (Julius Caesar).

Plus LEGO made a minifigure of The Joker from the Dark Knight film which is based on Heath Ledger's portrayal.

By that same logic, couldn't they make minifigures of Troy McClure or Lionel Hutz to honor Phil Hartman? I don't think there's a time limit on when you can honor a character after they've been retired. The even made action figures of Troy McClure and Lionel Hutz four years after Hartman's death:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Simpsons-Celebrity-Hartman-McClure/dp/B00005U2HF

I think when they mean retired, they mean no other voice actor will replace them, as I recall, Hutz and McClure still appear in the comics? The only actor they have replaced due to death to the best of my knowledge is Lunchlady Doris.

The Simpsons is classed as an adult animation so I'm pretty sure LEGO knew what they were doing when they purchased the licence and what sort of characters they would dismiss and so on.

But as others have mentioned before, I'm not sure how LEGO will get Moe into the theme considering he's quite a main character, I would like a Moe's Tavern set but with the whole beer thing...I don't know.

Look at characters like Krusty, in the show he's a heavy smoker and drinker so we'll see what LEGO do in the future.

Every character on the Simpsons has had some instance of moral turpitude. I'd be interested to see if they do a Moe and Barney figure. Since they are doing a Snake figure then I believe all gloves are off and most all characters are fair game. I think the only guy who is truly off the table is Duff Man.

Really surprised Principle Skinner didn't make either of the first two lines.

It's a pretty safe bet they won't make Titania, other than she only appears in one episode, for less than a minute.

tumblr_n9wp6hbjVq1rwl09fo1_500.gif

I think they'd need a molded torso for this figure :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: