gaut1202

[MOC] Minifig scaled Citroën 2CV Charleston

Hello all,

I present you here an old car you can easily see in France, my version of the famous Citroën 2CV.

40801433579a.jpg

I saw those ones, which inspired my version on some points :

MisterZumbi : 14037313603043545090673eaceo.jpg Henrik Hoexbroe : 42074469904707408815826c30o.jpg and NanoC : 591559915636738390ff8d28b3c.jpg

I wanted mine to be playable, without illegal builds, accurate and strong. So here it is :

9276842CVCharlestonimg01.jpg1865542CVCharlestonimg02.jpg4522892CVCharlestonimg03.jpg

6985232CVCharlestonimg04.jpg2496992CVCharlestonimg05.jpg1941852CVCharlestonimg06.jpg

4630852CVCharlestonimg07.jpg7383602CVCharlestonimg08.jpg6364502CVCharlestonimg09.jpg

11.7 cm long, 4 cm large and 5 cm high. The dark and light green pieces are painted ones. On some pieces, you can see that I could have paint them better :look: ... There is a beautiful contrast between the dark and light green and the grey and transparent elements.

It can roll on the floor without problems thanks to the 1x1 round tiles, that don't block the front wheels. With details such as lights, an interior or rear-view mirrors, it is kind of realistic.

Technically, it is quite simple, there are only three SNOTs, here is an LDD screen of one of them :

6514802CV4img4.png

An LDD file and PDF instructions are alvaible on my Bricksafe gallery. There you will also find bigger photos.

This MOC was basically build for my uncle, who also has a 2CV, but a real one, with the same color sheme. It's going to be his christmas present !

As always, comments, remarks and suggestion are welcome :classic: .

Edited by gaut1202

Wow! Really great buiding! I really like the look of your 2CV AND the fact that it seems strudy and playable! Thaks a lot for sharing your creation with instructions! My town will now have its iconic french car!

Thanks Guys for your comments ! Glad you like it !

Alex 54, do not hesitate to pm me or to post here later if you manage to build my version.

Antp, I paint pieces only when they are not producted by LEGO. The painted pieces are in official LEGO colours. Also, I wanted this 2CV to have the same colors as the one from my uncle, it was originally built for him.

It's a pleasure for me to share the files, if you can use them than it is even better ;) !

That car is really cool, I love the concept of turning real cars into proper LEGO cars. I think I might have to try to build one myself. But i'm curious, is there a reason you used another building tenique on the front wheel axel?

Thanks again !

HeadBrick, here is a comparison between my actual, NanoCs and my previous front axle building technique.

428693Capture.png

You can see that the two first vehicles can roll. The first one thanks to the round tiles 1x1 and the second thanks to the gaps. The last version might look better, but can't roll on the ground because the 1x1 tiles block the wheels. I did not wanted NanoCs gaps, so I came to the version without gaps with 1x1 round tiles.

Yes, the car is kind of playable, even though you can't put a minfigure in it : not high enough. Still, it remains swooshable and detailed :wink: . I really wanted to use the 4x6 roof. If you need a minifig, than MisterZumbis roof is a good solution.

I uploaded a new LDD file on my Bricksafe, a white version, without the Charleston colour scheme if you don't need it.

Gaut1202, I will post pictures when the building will be done. But I have to finished to sort my bricks before, to knwo in which colour my 2CV will be! :classic:

Thanks Henrik :) . Your MOC was a good size indication with the wheels and the jumper making the 5th plate with rail. At the time you built yours, a lot of the pieces I used were not alvaible too.

No problem Alex ;) .

That's pretty clever. I would have never thought of that axle techniqe. Wile it's a shame a minifig wont fit in your car. I took on the challenge downloaded your ldd file and tried to see if i could finda way to fit a minifig. And i believe i managed to do it. I'll post some pictures later today.

Hi Gaut1202,

Thanks for the instructions, now my city has a 2CV!

Not exactly the same because I did with spare parts but I like the final result

post-25794-0-20088000-1419858504_thumb.jpg

In fact, TennorPenny, the color scheme plays a big role for little city MOCs. It's even more eye catching to have a colored version. But the color choice was decided by the Citroën 2CV green Charleston scheme from my uncles car, translated in LEGO colors.

Yes Headbrick, I agree, but to me it was more important to have a strong and detailed 2CV than one with a mimifig, but weaker. You might can manage to put one I inside, but than or with a higher roof, or without seat or with a deeper seat position.

Thanks a lot for sharing Cunctator ! It's not exactly the same, but looks great too ;) !