Sign in to follow this  
Battlegorilla

Where do prizes come from?

I'm going to be announcing a contest shortly after the first of the year, and as I sit here typing this, I have no prizes to give to whoever wins. So I asked myself, "Where do prizes come from?"

I didn't have a satisfactory answer to give, and so I'm now asking you, the fine denizens of Eurobricks. Where DO prizes come from? I've never run a contest before, and I just don't know. Do the people running these various internet build competitions usually buy the prizes themselves? Does LEGO supply them sometimes? Is there a contest prize fairy that I'm supposed to sacrifice a goat to?

I need some expert advice. Any and all help appreciated.

Battle_Gorilla

The prize crane drops it at your door.

The contest organizer buys it. Sometimes LEGO helps out as seen with the golden mask contest.

If this is your first contest the set is probably coming from you.

On Eurobricks at least, contests have to be hosted or approved by the moderators. This is because we want to ensure no other events are taking place in the same forum and so prizes will be sent from or someone on EB is held responsible if they are not. If you wish to host a contest here, I would contact the moderator in the forum you wish to host the forum on and talk to them about it.