Sign in to follow this  
Captain Nemo

MOC: No Loyal Friend

Ahoy! I'm sharing with you today (In the Historic forums, which is really out of character for me!) a Middle Earth contest creation that I built for the Middle Earth Lego Olympics (2014-2015) on Mocpages.

For Round 1, we were asked to build a creation inspired by one song from LotR/Hobbit, and I chose to build my rather abstract creation based on

which you should please listen to while you are viewing this creation. The build depicts Gollum having acquired the One Ring by strangling his cousin for it, and then being enveloped in the darkness that lives inside the ring.

16065724056_6f033b1f26_z.jpg

Build Time: 2.5 Hours

Enjoy!

~Nemo

Very stylish, the limbs and tree have a kind of exaggurated curve, but it looks awesome. And 2.5 hours is actually pretty quick for a varied build like this.

Edited by Dubbadgrim

Wow. That is stunning. I feeling like this is more a piece of art than a MOC. Great work!

Phenomenal take on Gollum's Song! I love how the darkness emanates from Gollum and looks to engulf him. The trans-yellow disc is a great touch. Like Josh said, this is a piece of art!

I saw this on TBB last night. This is fantastic! The specter of Sauron is a great touch and adds so much to the story the MOC tells.

Edited by mrcp6d

This is incredible! So creative and it's such a great way to interpret a scene from Tolkien-- his writing is so filled with surreal imagery like this. I'd love to see other scenes from LotR re-imagined in this way.

I don't post much outside of GoH, but this is (as said before) an piece of art! I also love the use of Smaug's tail for the tree.

Amazing work! The idea behind the MOC is fantastic. Furthermore I also love all the techniques you used for the MOC, especially the idea using the tale of Smaug as a tree is brilliant! :classic:

Good luck for the contest!

I agree with the others, the figures and their posing are very well done, and the Smaug tail as a tree is neat too.

And yes, I have listened to the provided music while looking at the MOC :laugh: - it does add a lot of atmosphere!

This really is art. The posing, the angles, the curves, it all comes together so perfectly. The color choices really drive the eye also moving from the light blue to the green and then into the darker colors with the yellow disc naturally pulling the eye in for its stark contrast. Incredible for 2.5 hrs. I spent 30 min last night just putting some tiles on a MOC!