Mister Phes

Pirates of the Caribbean vs Vikings

Which is better? Pirates of the Caribbean or Vikings?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better? Pirates of the Caribbean or Vikings ?

• Vikings
    • Pirates of the Caribbean
    • I like them both equally
    • Neither appeal to me/I don't care

Bloody Jay and I have been having a debate over which is better (amongst many other things)?

Go to this thread here to read the background information.

http://eurobricks.hosting.ipsyn.com/eurofo...=11&t=1001&st=0

But now the polls are open for you to vote.

Who is better, Pirates of the Caribbean or Vikings ?

To clarify its Vikings vs Pirates of the Caribbean, not the LEGO themes.

You can also specify reasons in this thread if you wish.

Oh yeah, and another thing. This does not imply that I have anything against Vikings or the future Viking Lego theme. In fact the I think the sets look very interesting and show promise for the the future of Lego. Although there would be some things I'd do differently of course.

So its more an arguement for arguement sake, but its been a very educational and interesting one.

Three guesses as to my vote. ;)

EDIT: Phes - there's an edit button, see? Right there.

Yeah its great isn't it?

But sometimes I just like to post a whole new message.

Three guesses as to my vote. ;)

EDIT: Phes - there's an edit button, see?  Right there.

Yeah its great isn't it?

But sometimes I just like to post a whole new message.

In the immortal words of the Vikings:

"Spam spam spam spam. Lovely spam! Wonderful spam! Spam spa-a-a-a-a-am spam spa-a-a-a-a-am spam. Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Spam spam spam spam!"

Click here to listen!

Ah, this good old Monthy Python humour :-D Always great to hear it again :-D

I voted for the equality of both themes, because I am a man of peace ;)

Seriously, I always loved the Pirate theme, and I am positive that the Vicking one will be as great (even though there has been quite few disappointments in the final line such as lack of beards....). I really love the new armors and weapons with this rusty finish on them ;) .

Anyhow I am a big fan of maritime themes (just love ships, boats...).

Can't wait for september for this new line ;)

There can only be one answer for any right minded raping, burning, pillager can there ? :-)

Vikings all the way (although, I suppose these were the orginal pirates really)

What are we voting on here?

Is it Pirate vs. Viking

or LEGO Pirate vs. LEGO Viking

BIG difference :o

Since we havent had the change to hold a LEGO viking in our hand :$

There is no ninja option....

Actually, I'm about split on this one. I like both.

Akkh

There is no ninja option because they're not involved in this comparisson. However I do believe there is a thread elsewhere with a poll allowing you to vote for all the themes, including ninja.

What are we voting on here?

Is it Pirate vs. Viking

or LEGO Pirate vs. LEGO Viking

BIG difference  :o

Since we havent had the change to hold a LEGO viking in our hand  :$

To clarify its Vikings vs Pirates of the Caribbean, since it wouldn't be a fair comparisson if it were Vikings Lego vs Pirates Lego as the Viking Lego hasn't been released yet.

There is no ninja option because they're not involved in this comparisson.  However I do believe there is a thread elsewhere with a poll allowing you to vote for all the themes, including ninja.
There is no ninja option because they're not involved in this comparisson.  However I do believe there is a thread elsewhere with a poll allowing you to vote for all the themes, including ninja.

I'm aware they are not involved in the comparison, I was merely joking and voicing my preference. ;) As in some forms of american media, it is rumored that the ninja and the pirate are dreaded enemies. Its sorta a long standing joke. That, and I really like the ninja sets. :-D

Akkh

I'm aware they are not involved in the comparison, I was merely joking and voicing my preference. ;) As in some forms of american media, it is rumored that the ninja and the pirate are dreaded enemies. Its sorta a long standing joke. That, and I really like the ninja sets. :-D

Akkh

I had to make sure just so there's no confusion. I wouldn't want my poll to go hideously wrong, now would I? It would be a disgrace!

The Ninja and Pirates are dreaded enemies huh? Now how did that come about?

Erm.. you missed the last option:

'When will you two guys stop debating this subject and shut the hell up?'

I am sure many of us would vote for that! ;)

Jon.

Since I really liked that movie Pirates of the Caribbean, I'm going with Pirates. :-D

If they don't make a Vikings movie, I'll never vote for Vikings.

Jon.

When Blood Jay conceedes defeat of course!

Or when you close our threads... Whichever comes first.

Of course you could always merge this thread with the other. I only created this one so I could create a poll as well.

Don't worry, its nice to see that you all have opinions... but the pirate vs. viking debate is turning into a nasty hate between you and Bloody Jay! ;)

Jon.

Jon.

When Blood Jay conceedes defeat of course!

Or when you close our threads... Whichever comes first.

Of course you could always merge this thread with the other. I only created this one so I could create a poll as well.

That's BLOODY Jay to you, Mister. :P

You know that LEGO game that those people created, where you battle with ships and land on islands and such...? Kind of like Warhammer with LEGO and nautical vessels? Well, when Vikings become a part of that, I think Phes and I'll have to duke it out. :P

Don't worry, its nice to see that you all have opinions... but the pirate vs. viking debate is turning into a nasty hate between you and Bloody Jay! ;)

Jon.

Naaaaaaaah! There's no vindictive intent behind our posts. We're just trying to out do one another for fun.

We know its not which is better, its which one that brings you the most enjoyment that counts. We get along quite fine in the non Viking Vs Pirate threads.

Wolf04 - regarding your comment on Viking films, try searching the internet, there are at least half a dozen films I can think of, which means there are probably at least a dozen existing.

One thats been recomended to me (but I haven't seen it yet) is Thirteenth Warrior, its supposed to be quite good.

Wolf04 - regarding your comment on Viking films, try searching the internet, there are at least half a dozen films I can think of, which means there are probably at least a dozen existing.

One thats been recomended to me (but I haven't seen it yet) is Thirteenth Warrior, its supposed to be quite good.

I saw that in cinemas when it was first released about 5 years! It wasn't as good as I was expecting it to be.

I don't recall seeing any actual Vikings in it though. But being half a decade since I've seen it I don't actually remember what the races were referred to by.

I'm sure there are quite a few adaptation of Beowulf as well, and the men there are Vikings.

I haven't seen nor read any adaptations of Beowulf so I'm quite slack!

There could have been Vikings in The 13th Warrior but as I do not remember I cannot say. I could check, but right now I can't be bothered.

But the thing is, I'm not much of a fan of old movies, other than Jurassic Park and Star Wars, that's why I said I like Pirates of the Caribbean and not older movies but there aren't any fairly recent (1998+) blockbuster movies centred around the Vikings.

My my, aren't we picky. :P

There really haven't been any Viking BLOCKBUSTERS, but there was Prince Valiant in 1997 and a retelling of Beowulf in 1999.