DarkKnight7

Phoenix Customs - The Curator (The Collector) - Custom Minifig

Here's a render by HJ Media Studios of our newest and upcoming figure, The Curator, coming soon in January 2015.

He's going to be pad printed, feature a double sided face, and leg printing.

Pictures of the fig will be coming soon...

What do you guys think?

The Curator

15730730803_3857c35b12_b.jpg

The Curator - Coming in 1 Week by Phoenix Custom Bricks, on Flickr

Render

15897851550_63a3b0e034_z.jpg

The Curator - Coming Soon... by Phoenix Custom Bricks, on Flickr

Edited by DarkKnight7

He looks better than the SDCC version to me! Glad I ordered one when the pre-sale was available!

I think he looks great! My only complaint is that I feel that the eyes have to big of a shadow under/around them.

I think he looks great! My only complaint is that I feel that the eyes have to big of a shadow under/around them and the face almost looks like its stretched out to much.

He looks better than the SDCC version to me! Glad I ordered one when the pre-sale was available!

Thanks, I'm glad you think so...now we just have to see how the print comes out.

I think he looks great! My only complaint is that I feel that the eyes have to big of a shadow under/around them.

Thank you for the nice comments and also the constructive criticism, I appreciate it (I actually really do). I wondered about that myself, but given the amount of times in the movies that he has these shaded eyes like HERE, I figured it was needed. But, I wondered if some people would be turned off by that aspect.

This is one awesome minifigure (well, as all of your customs!). Really looking forward to real pictures. I would need to get that for my GotG collection. Please update us when its finished :)

Wow, your custom Collector minifigure looks great!

I can't wait to see more pictures :classic:

Thank you for the nice comments and also the constructive criticism, I appreciate it (I actually really do). I wondered about that myself, but given the amount of times in the movies that he has these shaded eyes like HERE, I figured it was needed. But, I wondered if some people would be turned off by that aspect.

I think the shadows are great. Those are what, in my eyes at least, makes this better than SDCC. Great design. I don't know if I'll be able to pick one up because of the price, but maybe someday...

Thanks for the support, guys, I appreciate it! Got a pic of the figure finally for you guys, as he just arrived from the printer yesterday. How do you guys think he turned out?

He looks very Palpatine!

Haha, yeah, I can kind of see that now. I guess he could be a good swap out for Palpatine, good call. Hopefully people see Benicio in there too. :wink:

Excited for this one (and re-issue of Kinetic Man hopefully) :D

Thanks, and yes, he's being released next weekend along with Kinetic Man being back in stock.

I think the shadows are great. Those are what, in my eyes at least, makes this better than SDCC. Great design. I don't know if I'll be able to pick one up because of the price, but maybe someday...

Thanks, man, I appreciate it. Just an FYI, there are some that are on discount (due to minor piece defects, or minor misprints or knicks), so you might be interested in checking that out next weekend.

Ordered! Just a quick question, how do you handle the shipping with the cape? Is it on the figure or do you take it off so it does not get knicks? Would be highly appreciated :)

Ordered! Just a quick question, how do you handle the shipping with the cape? Is it on the figure or do you take it off so it does not get knicks? Would be highly appreciated :)

I usually ship it without it on, but felt for this figure I would have it on him. If you'd prefer I don't have the cape on for your order, I can do that. Email me at phoenixcustomsllc@gmail.com to let me know.

Edited by DarkKnight7

Okay thank you, I am fine if you think it's good :)

Yeah, so far, I've found no issues with my customers, so you should be good. Let me know if they aren't.

GJ!

? What's GJ mean? I'm out of the texting loop these days. Thanks, I think? :P

Guess it means "good job"... as far as I know :laugh:

Aha, makes sense. Thank you LegoGunInstructions! And thanks for the translation, KCMatze, I'll catch up someday with these...

Supertastic job! Your work always impresses me :)

Thanks, man! I'm glad that you guys like my designs! These guys are selling fast, so I'll be posting my pre-sales for the next two soon...