True, I gave the Breakout torso to half of my Masters and it looks good.

The Brain Attack torso, which I used to see as too feminine, has grown on me, too bad it exists in only two colours.

The Skull torso looks good but is very wide on short figures and looks, surprise surprise, decayed.

And the new Uniter torso is growing on me as well, for its shape, details and printing.

The Skull torso looks good but is very wide on short figures and looks, surprise surprise, decayed.

I felt like I was forgetting one...

I'm curious as to whether or not a model can incorporate (pun not intended) it in a manner that is not overtly skeletal.

I've been wondering that myself, especially given the neat transparent colours the piece comes in. I mean, surely skeletal can't ALWAYS mean evil. I tried giving Warrior's torso to Kopaka, but it makes him look like a rotting corpse, as if something horrifically dug his armour and flesh away. But it does look less skeletal on Grievous, so maybe the trick is using it on a larger figure, so the ribcage design can look more like an armour decoration rather than making up the torso itself.

I assume by "darker blue" you mean Bright Blue (known on Bricklink simply as "Blue"). Earth Blue is Metru Blue, and hasn't appeared in CCBS at all aside from the Skull Spiders this year.

Thanks!

I think the Skull armor can be used in a non-decayed-looking way by accentuating the sleekness of it. Presumably, it'd look a lot better if the build actually makes the character looks like they are supposed to have an exposed backwards ribcage.

1OUOJY1.png

Isn't it suspicious the sharp drop in views the latest BIONICLE commercial had on YouTube, after a couple of months being online? It's even more suspicious the fact that despite the 8 milion views the video doesn't even reach 1000 likes. I'm thinking LEGO literally spammed the video wherever it could, something normal for a money making company if you ask me. But still, such a low quantity of likes makes me wonder if MOST of those views were obtained by spamming.

Isn't it suspicious the sharp drop in views the latest BIONICLE commercial had on YouTube, after a couple of months being online? It's even more suspicious the fact that despite the 8 milion views the video doesn't even reach 1000 likes. I'm thinking LEGO literally spammed the video wherever it could, something normal for a money making company if you ask me. But still, such a low quantity of likes makes me wonder if MOST of those views were obtained by spamming.

1) I wouldn't say it's "suspicious." TLG must have used it a lot to promote the new wave and then stopped using it because they had other lines to promote. Nothing odd about that.

2) "Likes" and "views" on a video don't necessarily correlate. Viewers can like the video on the YouTube page, sure, but not if it's being embedded/used as a commercial. In those cases they can view it but not like it. And since that's where most of the views originated, a "low" number of likes makes sense. Also because it's a commercial for toys and not, say, a story video.

1) I wouldn't say it's "suspicious." TLG must have used it a lot to promote the new wave and then stopped using it because they had other lines to promote. Nothing odd about that.

2) "Likes" and "views" on a video don't necessarily correlate. Viewers can like the video on the YouTube page, sure, but not if it's being embedded/used as a commercial. In those cases they can view it but not like it. And since that's where most of the views originated, a "low" number of likes makes sense. Also because it's a commercial for toys and not, say, a story video.

Sure, but., say, Ninjago commercials have much more likes even though they're just commercials. I guess it's more a matter of BIONICLE slowly gaining a new fanbase; 2016 already should have much more liked videos.

I saw the video quite a few times as a preroll commercial, so I have a feeling that it was just used a lot as commercial where, yes, there is little to no interactivity like 'Likes'.

Indeed. Note the decline is extremely sharp and seemingly exactly when September starts. Looks like LEGO stopped using it as a pre-roll commercial in early September (perhaps even September 1st), which is when the views practically declined to zero because that is where the views came from.

Just noticed that Tahu, Vizuna, and Narmoto are now listed as 'retiring soon' on lego shop online. Get em while you can! I think this might also confirm that Tahu was possibly the most popular set released?

Back in my day they still had three year old sets on the shelves.

Edit: And there's the 500. I'd like to thank everybody for reading my un-contributive posts thus far. :D

Edited by MakutaOfWar

Just noticed that Tahu, Vizuna, and Narmoto are now listed as 'retiring soon' on lego shop online. Get em while you can! I think this might also confirm that Tahu was possibly the most popular set released?

I had seen that, I guess they're selling pretty well, although my lego store is still fully stocked with the whole line. No need for me to worry as I picked up all 6 protectors from there the other day. :tongue:

Back in my day they still had three year old sets on the shelves.

Edit: And there's the 500. I'd like to thank everybody for reading by un-contributive posts thus far. :D

Aaaah yes. I remember those days too :P

Does anyone know when the new mask contest ends? Perhaps that is when LEGO would be more inclined to reveal the 2016 sets?

The entry period ends October 31st, and the winners will be announced November 2nd. I've got an entry well underway. I think it might be able to hold its own against other entries I've seen posted, but I'm sure some of the best entries are yet to appear.

Speaking of the contest, there's some new art by Matt Betteker to help promote it!

Edited by Aanchir

Oho, didn't expect some concept art for the contest. I dig it. Little lo-res, though, wonder why.

I'd just like that ribcage piece in white. Witch Doctor revamp, anyone?

Yes, the new ribcage torso piece looks suprisingly good after i have it on hands. Hope that piece will be released in white.

So coffee, danishes and of course his shield are... canon? Ok.

I saw that you were able to get the first comment in about that. Gave a very good laugh. It's just promo art, though, so it's not worth overthinking it.

Speaking of Canon. After reading the first book. Apparently the Protector of Jungle has a tail. And not the ones on his feet an actual green tail.

Edited by Takanuinuva

I always thought that Skull Basher was a gladiator like Skull Slicer, and possibly a rage team partner to him as well.

Skull Basher is actually designed to been a undead Minotaur-like creature.