I think the issue with some of the sets is that CCBS looks bad when parts are exposed, and looks really cool when everything's put together properly. Unfortunately for the Skull sets, they're supposed to expose a lot of parts to much the decaying look, but it can make some of them look dodgy.

So far, I've only got MMvsSG. They're pretty good, though I've messed with their heights. I felt that Ekimu was too short, mainly in the limbs, so I made his upper and lower limbs the same length and messed with his armour placement. I have to say that the MoCr's chin is a bit too big, which seems to be a running trend in G2. Kulta's been a bit of a victim of my MOCing habits, having already lost his feet, two friction extenders, and his eyes. On the plus side, he has the green eyes from that promo nw, the Piraka feet look pretty decent on him, and I now have a MOC with posable toes!

OMG, that episode was fantasitc! Definitely one of my favourites, if not favourite so far :grin:

Episode 12 is out. By far my favorite episode.

Of the three so far this wave, I would definitely say it's the best. Also it's good to have the drained masks explained now.

I must say, I agree with everyone here. This episode was quite a lot better than the previous ones.

My only point of criticism here is that I would like a little more focus on the elemental powers. Hero Factory kinda broke the elemental connection for their theme, and I was fine with that. But to make the difference between the two a bit more obvious I'd like to a heavier focus on the elements. I know there is already more than we had in HF, but I would like to see them do more elemental attacks, to make it even more obvious that they can control their element. I honestly don't care about things like "but they didn't do that in G1 either", this is a new start so I'd like a heavier focus than before. To me that's one of the things that made Bionicle so special.

-Iben

That was a good one and it happened just like we all predicted. Also I love how Onua is so OP and also how Pohatu told him to bash, just like Captain America telling Hulk to smash in the Avengers. :laugh: I'm sure we haven't seen the last of Slicer but I'm kinda sad that scene didn't last another episode. Also I dig his maniacal cackling. Finally an episode that kinda puts Onua front and center!

I love how Onua managed to just break the entire arena with one hit. It really reminded me of the way he caved in most of Onu-Koro in MoL. And Kopaka's snarkiness is kind of cute in its way too. Absolutely perfect episode. The only thing I'd complain about is the design for Lewa's face, which looks a little too set-accurate compared to the rest of the animations and just looks weird in general really.

Edited by DraikNova

Great episode; lots of action, and some key story points revealed. Kinda funny that Skull Slicer, of all people, can remove his own Skull Spider mask since that's what's controlling him =P.

Great episode; lots of action, and some key story points revealed. Kinda funny that Skull Slicer, of all people, can remove his own Skull Spider mask since that's what's controlling him =P.

I hate to be that guy that is skeptical of certain story details, but I've had some severe doubts of the legitimacy of that for a while. I'm willing to bet that was just some fluff piece put in the Lego Club to justify Slicer's reuse of a Skull Spider mask, and won't actually feature in story (animations, books) whatsoever.

Edited by Mesonak

I hate to be that guy that is skeptical of certain story details, but I've had some severe doubts of the legitimacy of that for a while. I'm willing to bet that was just some fluff piece put in the Lego Club to justify Slicer's reuse of a Skull Spider mask, and won't actually feature in story (animations, books) whatsoever.

Probably not (and obviously the bit about the blades being fused to his hands is total bunk) but still, it's the only place we've seen the name "Kulta", so =P

Probably not (and obviously the bit about the blades being fused to his hands is total bunk) but still, it's the only place we've seen the name "Kulta", so =P

Was Kulta's name in the book?

Legitimate or not, it's DEFINITELY not something that was just created for the LEGO Club, because it's backed up by the official product description: "This ancient champion has been animated by the dark magic of the Skull Spider Mask, fusing him with his razor-sharp hook blades." The much more obvious (and plausible) scenario is that the animators simply made a mistake by not having Skull Slicer fused to his hook blades.

As for him taking off the Skull Spider mask, though, I'm not sure if that can be considered a mistake or inconsistency. What we know about him is that the Skull Spider mask is what brought him to life and put him under the Lord of Skull Spiders' control. A lot of people have assumed that this means it's also what's keeping him alive and under the Lord of Skull Spiders' control, but nothing has stated that outright. It could be that when the skull spider mask revived him, its energy and consciousness entered his body and he no longer needs to be wearing that specific mask to remain alive and linked to LoSS. I mean, even G1 Lewa retained some of his psychic link to the Bohrok swarms after being freed from the Krana back in 2002.

Technically, we don't even know whether his mask is a skull spider or a proper mask like the golden one LoSS uses... or if there is, in fact, a difference.

If I recall correctly, didn't Nilkuu say in the book that once someone had a Skull Spider on their face for too long, they were lost forever to darkness or something, and became zombies?

The new animation was pretty nice, although I feel like Kopaka was somehow angrier than Tahu.

But I'm a bit confused. What was Skull Slicer trying to do with Lewas mask? He kind of just... wore it, and jumped around, laughing. Hopefully they give our villains some more motives later on.

The new animation was pretty nice, although I feel like Kopaka was somehow angrier than Tahu.

But I'm a bit confused. What was Skull Slicer trying to do with Lewas mask? He kind of just... wore it, and jumped around, laughing. Hopefully they give our villains some more motives later on.

While he might not have used its power, he was stealing Lewas energy to the point where he could kill Lewa. Killing a toa is a pretty big motive to me. But I do agree the mask should have gave him power.

Possibly going to buy one of the Skull Villains tomorrow. Probably can't get MMvsSG, so which set is the best by itself (and its respective Toa, of course)?

I got all the summer sets yesterday for my birthday and it's been a blast playing with them. Thoughts from worst to best:

Skull Scorpio: Definitely my least favorite due to bizarre looks and rigid legs. I didn't care about them having much articulation but something like a function where turning a knob rotates them a bit would've been nice. I don't know whether I like it or LoSS better. LoSS has a bit more poseability and looks really cool overall whereas Scorpio has an incredibly addicting function, so I'm torn. I'd probably rule in favor of Scorpio due to the Kakama, since I like it more than the golden Skull Spider Mask.

Skull Slicer: Love how he looks although the function is a bit clunky, what with the colliding swords and chain. Still, I love how he looks and it was great fun building his gearbox. The Miru also looks pretty sweet in those colors (plus I'm in the camp that loves the 2015 design for it so that helps)

Skull Warrior: Relatively standard build but he pulls it off very well. The bow is amazing, the spear is cool and overall the figure itself has both great play value and amazing posing capabilities. The Akaku is my favorite of the drained masks, what with being my 2nd favorite 2015 mask (my favorite being the Kaukau, which didn't get a drained form) and having what I consider to be the best colors for both the Toa and the Skull villain.

Skull Basher: Definitely my favorite of the 4 smaller ones due to its function. At first I was worried because he didn't have a rubber band so I thought his arms would flail wildly. Even though they do flail, the lack of a rubber band allows for such great movement range with his shoulders that I can't fault it. It's my favorite function of the entire wave. Combined with the epic dual axes, makes for my favorite of the smaller sets for the summer. The Pakari is pretty sweet too. This set was only dethroned by...

Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder: Before getting the set, I thought Skull Grinder would be the star of the show. After building it and playing with them, it's definitely Ekimu and the Mask of Creation. I love the way Ekimu's built and how he looks, and the Mask of Creation is now literally my favorite Bionicle mask ever. The hammer and shield look really sweet, the Cinderella carriage wheel was a great touch. While building Grinder was great fun, he's not as impressive as I thought he'd be. The gap is pretty annoying (though I'm willing to forgive it due to the skeleton aesthetic) but what I like the least is that it has an amazing-looking yet annoyingly heavy weapon on one hand and a normal sword on another. I think the sword could've been jettisoned (or adapted as the bottom tip of the spear) and have the spear be dual-wielded. That would've messed up the gear function, though, unless it worked differently, which I'd also do so that both arms swung in unison. I still like the set, though, and I love having him fight the Toa and losing his spear yet still fight them with the sword.

Overall rankings for the year:

18- Lord of Skull Spiders

17- Izotor

16- Scorpio

15- Nilkuu

14- Kivoda

13- Vizuna

12- Slicer

11- Pohatu

10- Lewa

9- Narmoto

8- Korgot