Slicer... Really isn't anything special. Aside from his four arms that are all rigged with gears, what does he have? A mask we already have loads of? Six limbs that are more-or-less built exactly the same? I'm not saying he's bad by any means, but he's nothing astonishing.

To be quite fair, I don't see much of anything special with any of the builds other than Scorpio. Yeah, Basher has an interesting new design and what looks to be a fun play feature...but he's pretty much the same as the others, except for the bash box build. Ekimu is almost exactly like a protector and Kulta might as well also be the same as most other gear-function figures. Skull Warrior, in my opinion, is super generic...might as well have combined protector and toa designs with him. I dunno. I feel bad for these two sets. I feel that they're underrated.

Edited by lambda_cla3391

To be quite fair, I don't see much of anything special with any of the builds other than Scorpio.

• Basher is bulky, yet still skeletal. He dual wields very large weapons, and has a unique function as of yet exclusive to him.
  • Skull Warrior has two weapons, both with different functions. He's largely asymmetrical in his design, and has a gunmetal mask.
  • Skull Grinder is big, and is pitted against Ekimu. He also comes packaged with the MoCr.

• Basher is bulky, yet still skeletal. He dual wields very large weapons, and has a unique function as of yet exclusive to him.
  • Skull Warrior has two weapons, both with different functions. He's largely asymmetrical in his design, and has a gunmetal mask.
  • Skull Grinder is big, and is pitted against Ekimu. He also comes packaged with the MoCr.

Again, personally, Basher I like. Skull Warrior and Skull Grinder, on the other hand, not as interesting for me. I do like Skull Warrior's asymmetry, but the weapons, again, we've seen them before (Kopaka's staff, Gali's harpoon, or Protector of Jungle's bow). To me, that's not particularly new.

Yeah, one of the faults with CCBS is a lack of overall design variety (mainly in the Skeleton). But the overall look to the figure can be unique. As was said, Basher is bulky yet skeletal, and Warrior has crazy good asymmetry. Grinder... Yeah, there's really nothing interesting with him if you ask me. Shoulders I guess?

But Slicer... Yeah, it's cool that he's got four arms. That's a neat design. But the fact that all of his limbs are more or less exactly the same is where he loses points. I wish they gave him some of Warrior's asymmetrical look. Give him an entirely bone bone limb, or give him mis-matched armor. Something.

*shrugs* Ups and downs, I guess.

I entered the Mask contest, didn't win. A few weeks later my friend gave me this saying I'd appreciate it more. But times are tough, and I need the money.

So apparently the guy who won the Gold Lewa Mask decided to give it to a friend and that friend decided to Ebay it sometime earlier today

Not sure who won the mask so cant confirm this, can anyone confirm that it was the real thing?

So apparently the guy who won the Gold Lewa Mask decided to give it to a friend and that friend decided to Ebay it sometime earlier today

Not sure who won the mask so cant confirm this, can anyone confirm that it was the real thing?

The eBay listing says "custom," so he's basically admitting it's fake...

Here's the full description:

" This listing is exactly what it looks like. It is for a custom set containing rare GOLD Bionicle Mask of Jungle (as worn by Lewa), and a display pedestal/stand. It is likely not something you would see again! So get it while you can!

This set is in great shape, but sold as is. It will be shipped in a box, protected as well as possible. Handling fees will include Insurance.

I entered the Mask contest, didn't win. A few weeks later my friend gave me this saying I'd appreciate it more. But times are tough, and I need the money.

Bid or not, just please don't ask questions. If I had more info, I'd post it for all to know."

Edited by legozebra

The eBay listing says "custom," so he's basically admitting it's fake...

Ah ok, makes sense. Was just wondering as it looked real and a few people were asking if it was

But Slicer... Yeah, it's cool that he's got four arms. That's a neat design. But the fact that all of his limbs are more or less exactly the same is where he loses points. I wish they gave him some of Warrior's asymmetrical look. Give him an entirely bone bone limb, or give him mis-matched armor. Something.

*shrugs* Ups and downs, I guess.

Slicer is to this wave what Pohatu was to Winter's: A perfectly decent set, albeit not especially inspired, that would probably fare much better if it weren't for its more remarkable cohorts.

That said, I find him considerably more interesting than Pohatu. If Slicer's a comparatively mediocre set, then the line is in good hands.

Edited by Quisoves Pugnat

Slicer is to this wave what Pohatu was to Winter's: A perfectly decent set, albeit not especially inspired, that would probably fare much better if it weren't for its more remarkable cohorts.

That said, I find him considerably more interesting than Pohatu. If Slicer's a comparatively mediocre set, then the line is in good hands.

Haha funnily enough, Pohatu turned out to be my favourite figure of the winter wave. Guess it's just a feeling?

Haha funnily enough, Pohatu turned out to be my favourite figure of the winter wave. Guess it's just a feeling?

Same here. But I have a Pohatu bias. First Toa I got in 2001.

Pohatu is definately my least favorite Toa this year. I love the asymmetry in the arms, and how that's a trait he shares with his Protector counterpart but the mask is not his best feature, which is a shame because I love his Mata Kakama. It's the extra vents on his temples that ruin it for me, and how large the circle on the face is compared to his Mata Kakama's. Also I feel his gearbox is too low, which is a simple fix as it requires no extra pieces to raise but I've only modded about 3 figures in recent years so I'm not a huge fan of modding my own.

I mean, as long as we're on the subject of Pohatu...

Edited by MakutaOfWar

It's funny. He and Tahu were my favorite of the Mata, yet they're probably my least favorite of the reboot-Toa.

It's funny. He and Tahu were my favorite of the Mata, yet they're probably my least favorite of the reboot-Toa.

I unfortunately missed out on the 2001 Toa...my first Toa was actually Tahu Nuva, who turned out to be my favourite of the Toa Nuva. Lewa Nuva was a close second. I knew I was going to love this year's Lewa...but I did not expect to love Pohatu as much as I do. Tahu definitely regressed on my favourite list. Kopaka impressed me much more than Tahu did design-wise...I think it's because I love the transparent pieces.

Edited by lambda_cla3391

Wow that listing was sketchy as hell. "Bid or not just please don't ask questions"? I feel sorry for whoever got suckered into paying for that.

That's how I felt about both Slicer and Pohatu; solid, but uninspired. Slicer definitely feels like he's onto something, but not quite there, even though he showcases the gearbox versatility well enough. Pohatu does it well, just not as well as everybody else (except for Lewa who is awful).

Is it really wise to be assuming how the Summer sets are selling based on a single report about a single store?

Nah, anecdotal evidence is never a good measure for gauging sales.

Edited by CabooseBM

Well at my Target in Gilbert, Scorpio and Slicer are selling very well! The other two had more boxes on the shelves while I only saw two of Scorpio and Slicer. YAY SCORPY SCOR :3! I believe in you buddy. So yeah, it just depends on where you live.

Also I think that Gold mask IS the real one! We haven't seen the MoJ on Facebook and it droped of the face of the world. The fact that it say "custom" just means it includes the podium and pieces.

Still a lot more to Warrior than 3 spindly swords, a chain and a reused mask.

But dat glorious trans apple green doe, I can't wait to get my hands on a bunch of those bones for some black and green mocs.

Last episode popped up on LEGO's servers on Thursday last week. Even if that was a fluke, the latest 12 will be out is Saturday. Monday if the LEGO.com team doesn't get it up for some reason and we have to rely on their YouTube channel.

Edited by Tazakk

Last episode popped up on LEGO's servers one Thursday last week. Even if that was a fluke, the latest 12 will be out is Saturday. Monday if the LEGO.com team doesn't get it up for some reason and we have to rely on their YouTube channel.

It's a tad odd. They have upload dates posted under the videos themselves...all of which point to Wednesdays (last two being August 5th and 12th) being the official launches of the videos...c'mon LEGO, what're you doing. Trolls.

Edited by lambda_cla3391

Speaking of Russian BIONICLE sites, the Nickelodeon subsite from the winter has updated with some summer stuff. Mostly just some cool graphics for now, although there might be more if you log in, I haven't discovered that yet.

Episode 12 is out. By far my favorite episode.

So it is.

Don't know if it's my favorite, but it was good. I guess we can assume this is how Hammer Flush is played?

And Onua causing the entire arena to collapse... I chuckled at that. Glad to see there's some decent humor in these episodes.