The Summer Update for bionicle.com just came out. Kapura'd by Dorek. Everywhere except "Ekimu the Mask Maker," Ekimu is referenced as "Ekimo." As in "Build Ekimo," "Character Poster Ekimo," "Comic Ekimo."

And the site is everywhere in terms of correctness. Basher's page uses Scorpio's functions, while Scorpio's page uses Basher's functions.

However, Warrior's page shows how the Hook Blade is supposed to steal masks.

Edited by Toa_Bomb

No one metioned that the Okoto page had been updated to include the ancient city, so just thought I'd bring that out.

Most intrestingly when you get to the page about the Forge it gives this intresting bit:

"Once Okoto’s most powerful place. Many, many great masks have been forged here; masks of strength, of speed and a thousand other miraculous powers. However, since Makuta’s betrayal, the furnace has been cold."

So obviously this could mean absolutly nothing, but it could imply that there are non-elemetal masks of power.

Also, the event where The MoUP was knocked from Makuta's face and the shockwave afterward is now called the "great cataclysm."

Hm... Now where have I heard that before...

Oh, and we have a new sport called Hammer Flush, which was hosted in the arena. I want to know more.

Edited by Kalhiki

Also, I suppose the event where The MoUP was knocked from Makuta's face and the shockwave afterward is now called the "great cataclysm."

Hm... Now where have I heard that before...

Oh, and we have a new sport called Hammer Flush, which was hosted in the arena. I want to know more.

I can second that, it's on general description of the city.

Ah god, that name. Sounds a bit like Kolhii.

Edited by Toa_Bomb

The Graveyard art looks sweet. I guess in this universe people can pass away unlike Bionicle.

EDIT: Then again, Skull undead warriors. Should've noticed earlier haha.

Edited by Vinyl Scratch

Incredibly....the skull scorpio looks 100x better in the animations than the actual set....sigh....

You know what? I am 100% agree with you.

Does anyone display Ekimu with his 'Protector' mask, or the Mask of Creation?

I'm bringing the Mask of Creation to BrickFair on one of the mask pedestals I built, so Ekimu's currently wearing the other mask. I don't know if you'd consider him "displayed", though—he's just sitting in the floor until I next decide to mess around with him and the other summer sets.

I got all of the sets today and made the necessary mods to MMvsSG, and I've noticed a trend: All of the Skull Masks are smaller and lighter than I had first imagined, and the Mask of Creation is also lighter. I'm gonna keep Ekimu with his protector mask because of the Mask of Creation's stand that came with the set.

For now my Ekimu wears his protector mask because Skull Grinder is too strong be defeated and will soon get the MoCr and will be more powerfull than anyone can imagine.

Kopaka did not listen to Tahu and the others and fought Kulta on his own but lost the fight, so he is under the control of the LoSS and fights for Kulta and the Skull Army.

Its now the Toa's quest to liberate their brother and defeat Kulta together with Ekimu to save Okoto once again =)

(Small part of my story =D)

I notice that they finally call Lewa's drained mask the "Mask of Jungle" as opposed to "Jungle Mask" =P.

I notice that they finally call Lewa's drained mask the "Mask of Jungle" as opposed to "Jungle Mask" =P.

Jungle Mask just sounded... kinda dumb? I dunno. It was different than the rest of the names and seemed out of place.

For now my Ekimu wears his protector mask because Skull Grinder is too strong be defeated and will soon get the MoCr and will be more powerfull than anyone can imagine.

Kopaka did not listen to Tahu and the others and fought Kulta on his own but lost the fight, so he is under the control of the LoSS and fights for Kulta and the Skull Army.

Its now the Toa's quest to liberate their brother and defeat Kulta together with Ekimu to save Okoto once again =)

(Small part of my story =D)

My Ekimu is currently wearing the Golden Skull Spider, for my own fanon story similar to this that I have mentioned before. Speaking of which, I think it's a shame that only one character uses the Skull Spider mask as an actual mask, because it looks really good.

Speaking of which, I think it's a shame that only one character uses the Skull Spider mask as an actual mask, because it looks really good.

Yeah, the Skull Spider mask is pretty great--it's my favorite of all the villains (and, IMO, is better than some of the Toa masks). If you think about it, it has a very "tribal" look to it, which fits the whole island theme.

Does anyone display Ekimu with his 'Protector' mask, or the Mask of Creation?

At the moment, my Ekimu is wearing his Protector mask. I usually swap the masks over if I'm fiddling about with him, but rarely leave him on display wearing it.

I know they are probably doing the G1 refrences, having similar named characters with identical personalities and stuff for good reasons, but is anyone else getting to the stage where the G1 stuff is detracting from their ability to appreciate the good aspects of Gen 2?

The first half of the year we get the constant easter egg vahi and the Toa being mostly categorised similar to the originals

Second half of the year we get events named the same as in G1 and we get characters refrencing aspects of G1 also

I mean from a fans sake its nice being able to say that 'i understood that refrence', but too much focus on refrencing the past just makes us compare G2 to G1 more often.

Edited by Scarilian

I know they are probably doing the G1 refrences, having similar named characters with identical personalities and stuff for good reasons, but is anyone else getting to the stage where the G1 stuff is detracting from their ability to appreciate the good aspects of Gen 2?

The first half of the year we get the constant easter egg vahi and the Toa being mostly categorised similar to the originals

Second half of the year we get events named the same as in G1 and we get characters refrencing aspects of G1 also

I mean from a fans sake its nice being able to say that 'i understood that refrence', but too much focus on refrencing the past just makes us compare G2 to G1 more often.

I don't think they're referencing G1 a great deal at all. I actually prefer G1's plots and sets, but I don't see anything wrong with referencing G1 every now and again. Admittedly, the Vahi being everywhere is pretty stupid if they aren't going to do/hint at anything serious, but it's nothing too bad. Since the preview of Island of Lost Masks G2 has been oozing atmosphere to me, and it's set itself apart enough from G1 for me that I don't have to compare the two to appreciate either one.

There's enough major changes between even characters that in-jokes and references don't bother me. Take for example, Kopaka's physical sword and shield gave him the look of a knight, whereas Tahu's almost elemental flame-sword and his Hau's shielding capability, creating an elemental parallel that continued into their personalities. This has been changed in G2 to give Kopaka's shield the ability to create a bubble shield which basically defeats the point of giving him a shield in the first place , while Tahu has... eh, I'm not sure yet. From what little I've seen (and please forgive me, I'm bound to get something wrong) the G1 team were reluctant to work together except in dire circumstances, and was solid, whereas the G2 Toa quickly learn (but just as quickly forget) that they need to work together and seem like a very rowdy, diverse group. I don't see G2 as being similar to G1 simply because they want to cater to the older fans, G1 and G2 are very separate to one another in a lot of different ways, and aside from the Toa's names and the Golden Masks I don't see a great deal of similarities.

I think the "great cataclysm" reference was probably a bit overkill, but I think other small winks and nods are fine enough. If they were going to do something COMPLETELY new and different, these characters wouldn't have even the same names or anything. The elements are the same by design, it's just how they use that to shape the story into its own identity that will inform how it is going forward.

And I totally giggled at the reference to the "other" masks of power. That was nice.

I mean, the only other "Bionicle" thing ever is G1. It's not like Transformers where there's a billion different continuities, rigth now if you want to reference Bionicle, you only really have one source to do so from.

Got the skellies and immediately noticed what was wrong with them. They are too short and Scorpio feels flat. It doesn't matter that much with Warrior and Slicer but Basher is told to be " a towering figure" and he's as tall as Pohatu. He's portrayed as much larger in the animations and so is Grinder. I gave Basher two studs longer limbs, extended the neck and raised his shoulders one stud and made both one stud wider. Also filled the sticking balljoints with the same gunmetal shells as his. With Kulta I simply gave his knees friction joints and plan on doing the same to Warrior and Slicer. For Scorpio I just made that the legs he already have are movable by balljoint as making poseable limbs from bones would had changed his look too much, these are connected one stud lover so the rest of the model is one stud higher.

I hope that we have more villains in bigger pricepoints so these kind of fixes aren't needed. But oh well, they did rescale Makuta in MoL and Kikanalo in LoMN too.

I still think the problem isn't that the skullies are too short, but rather that the Toa are too big. I get that you want to show that a character such as Pohatu is shorter, but you can show that in subtle ways, you don't need to make Tahu or Kopaka mega sized to achieve that effect.

I still think the problem isn't that the skullies are too short, but rather that the Toa are too big. I get that you want to show that a character such as Pohatu is shorter, but you can show that in subtle ways, you don't need to make Tahu or Kopaka mega sized to achieve that effect.

I mean, the Toa came first. They're the yardstick for which all subsequent sets should be judged.

Besides, I like big sets. I love how big the Toa are, (except Tahu, whom I shortened one stud) it makes them feel like the big fat action figures I played with as a big fat child. Also, the problem is that the Skellies don't feel worth the money as it is. The shortness is one third of the disappointing trifecta: shortness, skinniness, and lack of unique masks. If even one of these qualities were fixed, they'd be way better sets and I could ignore/fix the other issues myself without concern. But as it stands, they simply don't stack up against the Toa. Whoever's fault it is is beside the point, but I definitely don't think "the other side is just too good" is a rational excuse for the weakness of a group of sets.

I hope that we have more villains in bigger pricepoints so these kind of fixes aren't needed. But oh well, they did rescale Makuta in MoL and Kikanalo in LoMN too.

Though that's a good idea for people like us, it's actually pretty bad for the average toy buyer.

Example: It's pretty much accepted that the Protectors are selling a fair amount better than the Toa are. Why? Because they're cheaper.