So, I want to go back to the Okotoan alphabet if I may... I have to wonder: how long will it be before somebody inevitably makes a font out of it? There's a font for the G1 Matoran alphabet (called Mata Nui), and being a bit of a font fanatic myself, I'd definitely want one for this Okotoan alphabet too.

Well, I'd make it but I don't know a thing about font making unfortunately :sad:

Care to tell what he was right before?

Was the reveal that we would get an exclusive mask in a polybag, news that we got a month or so before the Hero pack reveal i believe. Admittedly wasnt as detailed as set names or anything like that though. I just trust him not to make things up himself, not sure about his sources.

I believe the reveal about getting an exclusive mask in a polybag initially came out via a Eurobricks topic, which also stated that we would get a D2C Ninjago set (which we obviously did, as well).

I believe the reveal about getting an exclusive mask in a polybag initially came out via a Eurobricks topic, which also stated that we would get a D2C Ninjago set (which we obviously did, as well).

That only said that there would be a BIONICLE free-with-purchase, so technically you could argue that he was in the know regarding that the set would have a new mask, but realistically, who wasn't guessing that?

Edited by Tazakk

That only said that there would be a BIONICLE free-with-purchase, so technically you could argue that he was in the know regarding that the set would have a new mask, but realistically, who wasn't guessing that?

Right? Those trans-orange masks had to be from something.

i have just bought mask maker vs Skull grinder from Toys r Us in Times Square. i think it means that the summer waves are out now because they also had the scooby doo sets out as well.

i shall put pictures up shortly though i dont believe i can give any more new information a si believe jangbricks covered the sets all in good detail.

Edited by Kalta the Noble Mind

i have just bought mask maker vs Skull grinder from Toys r Us in Times Square. i think it means that the summer waves are out now because they also had the scooby doo sets out as well.

How much was it? Normal price or marked up?

my recipt says $29.99 so basically $30.

i want to say it is fairly expensive for a titan set but then i remembered it comes with a protector set as well.

That's not bad considering inflation. 178(?) pieces that are primarily CCBS is about equal to $29.99. My problem with TRU is that they use to markup the prices. I think I paid $39.99 for Witch Doctor in '11, even though I think he was $29-34.99 range. Thanks btw! :D I just might have to check my local.

That's not bad considering inflation. 178(?) pieces that are primarily CCBS is about equal to $29.99. My problem with TRU is that they use to markup the prices. I think I paid $39.99 for Witch Doctor in '11, even though I think he was $29-34.99 range. Thanks btw! :D I just might have to check my local.

not to keen on how different stores price things so i cant comment on that. also unsure if the toys are truly out everywhere in the US or due to being a Times Square Tourist trap TRU@NYC gets all the new releases early to rake in more buyers.

also kind of disappointed that i had to go to essentially a tucked away back room to find these new bionicle sets. it's where they keep low general interest stuff like the lego ideas sets or $100+ or leftover toys like The lego Movie and Lord of the rings. figured they had the winter wave there because it is the summer and maybe didnt sell as well but the latest releases tucked in that kiosk as well?

i remember with G1 where they were basically the crown jewel of the Lego Section where not only did they have dioramas but life size pexiglass statues of that year's prominent set, like the rahkshi of the MoL saga or Toa vakama during the metru Nui saga.

wanna attribute that to practicality/cost as it is easier to just print the odd banner to denote a section dedicated to a series than to commission all manner of bells and whistles. i think they even cut out most of the dioramas to have more shelf space and only have i believe a 2 year out of date ninjago diorama remainXD

though i personally have no idea what to think of tucking away this remade old favorite like it was excess stock. i know ninjago is now the jewel due to it being the most prominent franchise now (outside of star wars which also has its own diorama now that i think about it) but given how lackluster the winter wave marketing seemed to be it doesnt speak well to me.

http://imgur.com/a/9DzWR

small gallery since i only took enough pics to show i have the actual toy.

the last 2 images are of the stand. Jangbricks said the way the base is built the holes are too big to hold the nibs in making the mask loose.

$50 says this was intentional but never made it into the instructions but i remidied this by using a spare black peg to fill in the original peg holes which now shrink the holes to minifigure handle/rod size which the mask nubs fit perfectly.

tried it with my other masks and all seem to have a nice firm sturdy grip. perfect build for displaying masks and i think can fit on the original toa mata suvas so you can display the new masks old school style:D

EDIT: also the big axe blade has a springiness to it. unsure of the purpose though.

Edited by Kalta the Noble Mind

- The 4chan topic has been completely removed from 4chan

What is 4Chan's policy on commercial leaks? Are they normally pretty laissez-faire in that regard?

Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker were unvailed sometime around the 15th February. The 4chan leaks occured sometime after that before February 24th 2015. As such we can discount the leg pieces if you desire - however that doesnt rule out the rest of the pieces described.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the knee-pad/shoulder-pad the only piece revealed after Luke and Vader? A piece that simple could easily be guessed, no?

I found some pretty interesting info: I searched "Makuta" in the sneak-preview of the book, and on Page 107, Ekimu says "[Grinder] is under my brother Makuta's control...".

Also, on the same page, Gali says to Ekimu: "You are saying that Makuta has risen too?"

I'd post screenshots, but I don't want to get in trouble. Just go to the preview, type in "Makuta" in the search bar, and you'll get a bunch of results. I found some other things, but they are pretty big spoilers....just type in "Skull Slicer", and go towards the last results....

EDIT:

Okay, for those of you who want to know, Slicer apparently falls into a pit and supposedly dies--so I guess we won't learn more about him.

Edited by Clone 01354 Productions

I found some pretty interesting info: I searched "Makuta" in the sneak-preview of the book, and on Page 107, Ekimu says "[Grinder] is under my brother Makuta's control...".

Also, on the same page, Gali says to Ekimu: "You are saying that Makuta has risen too?"

I'd post screenshots, but I don't want to get in trouble. Just go to the preview, type in "Makuta" in the search bar, and you'll get a bunch of results. I found some other things, but they are pretty big spoilers....just type in "Skull Slicer", and go towards the last results....

EDIT:

Okay, for those of you who want to know, Slicer apparently falls into a pit and supposedly dies--so I guess we won't learn more about him.

Thanks!

The search bar is proving informative. To wit:

"With a single swing of his long axe, Skull Grinder slammed the masks off all six heroes. Their masks shattered instantly and fell to the floor."

Man, Grinder is Brutaka levels of OP.

Hey, about how we post things determined from mining the book preview (which we probably shouldn't do anyways) in spoiler tags? I know most people probably wouldn't consider stuff like fight scenes and obvious Makuta shenanigans to be spoilers, but I know some would prefer to read it in the complete book. :P

Edited by Mesonak

Also, something important to note;

Grinder wants to destroy the Mask Of Creation

Makuta wants to collect all three masks to destroy the world

Neither of their motivations make sense considering Grinder is meant to be under Makuta's influence and Makuta just wanted to be acknowledged in the backstory we learnt...

Hey, about how we post things determined from mining the book preview (which we probably shouldn't do anyways) in spoiler tags?

Seconded ^

The search bar is proving informative. To wit:

"With a single swing of his long axe, Skull Grinder slammed the masks off all six heroes. Their masks shattered instantly and fell to the floor."

Man, Grinder is Brutaka levels of OP.

To be fair in context;

Grinder seems pretty weak and defeated easily by the aged hammer-empowered Ekimu after losing the Mask Of Creation. It is only due to wearing the Mask Of Creation that Grinder is stronger than the Toa and capable of shattering their masks.

Edited by Scarilian

Soooo, the sets come out officially August 1st in LEGO Stores. I was thinking; For those in the Phoenix, Az area, do you guys wanna meet up @ the LEGO Store in Chandler? I'll be able to go @ around 2:00 pm. It would be cool to meet some of you :laugh: While picking up the new Bionicle sets. I also usually bring a MOC I made there to so the employes.

I don't get it...

It's based on a semi-memetic line from the My Lego Network social game from the Lego website. It had content based on the Glatorian (with profiles for several of them), including the normally non-verbal Vorox who had the somewhat dumb quote "Beware my stinger tail!"

It's far from the most mainstream of references, so either it's a coincidence, Windham did a lot of research into the fandom and their inside jokes, or he himself is a fan from back in the day.

Oooooh alright. XD Thanks. *Extremely delayed chuckle*

So this means there are multiple Skull Scorpio's?

Yes. And from what I see There's also one Skull Basher and Slicer too. Many Skull Warriors though.