No, the prophecy is whispered by Ekimu a long time before the story, then the modern protectors summon the Toa with it once the Skull Spiders get out of hand.

Yeah, I fixed it. Also, I think Bingzak is a Jungle villager, seeing as he's in the Jungle region and his village got destroyed. He also immediately recognized Vizuna. And Vizuna's on the back for no reason... grabbing... Onua's... mask...?

Edited by Toa_Bomb

I'm quite enjoying the Toa discovering their abilities, like Kopaka finding out his mask has a magnifier. (Or maybe even all masks, since Izotor is able to spot distant Spiders that Kopaka saw only as specks) It's not the slapstick punchline comedy the bios foretold. It feels like OG Bionicle's level of humour.

Well, this is interesting.

Windham's writing is fine, though it does, frustratingly, suggest a writer who is writing down to his audience, leading to an uncomfortable stylistic dichotomy.

The dialogue isn't really sparkling.

Anyway, I'm glad to see that we're getting a more in depth exploration of Okoto.

I find it bizarre that different folks get different previews. That's rather too pirate-friendly for my liking.

Kopaka attached the avalanche skis to his feet. "I appreciate your confidence, Izotor."

"Good, but you put your skis on backward."

Kopaka looked down at his skis. "I was just making sure they are durable."

It would seem that the "I didn't slip!" remark is indicative of a full-blown personality trait. =P

The female PoE (Korgot!) is cool. The more humanoid traits of the Okotans make them a nice contrast to the inhabitants of the MU.

They names are, unsurprisingly, rather random, but I like them. "Bingzak" is a gloriously daft name.

I like the names. They remind me of random fantasy names, like someone running a goofy D&D campaign.

The newest TTV news says that the protectors used Mask of Time in the book. Any further confirmation?

Edited by GK733

Not sure how much story people want to discuss here - so here are my non-specific thoughts from what i've read trying to avoid giving away too much of the story;

- The entirety of the Winter and Summer storyline is covered in the books in 119 pages, ending with a hint that it will be continued in 2016

- Each Toa gets about 10 pages for there own mask quest where lore is added along with some world building

- Masks get knocked off very easily

- The Toa sometimes feel a little weaker than expected due to the previously mentioned mask situation

- Skull Grinder is not named from the pages i have read

- Similar to the animations, Pohatu seems to have an ability to sense danger/evil

- There are many blatant refrences to G1 and the memory loss, some make the Toa seem self-aware of the G1 universe and roles they played

- The Toa seem to have a lot of there information told in the Prophecy of Heroes including Kopaka's shield becoming "Avalanche Skis" and "Buit-In Binocular Lense"

- Emphasis on the three virtues (Unity, Duty, Destiny)

- Lots of charging at things, guessing this is a recurring thing in G2

- Lots more jokes or comedic moments than expected

- The ending of the book likely wont suprise anyone too much and feels abrupt, the conclusion covering just two pages and feeling like its just hinting towards the plot of 2016's storyline

Its definitely worth getting the book judging via the 30+ pages i've seen and i'm guessing 2016 will either have a much larger storyline or a lot more world building given we get multiple chapter books that year.Though i get the feeling anyone following the animations online will have gotten pretty much all the main storyline this book portrays. There is a lot of world building and places and characters being developed slightly with personality traits including one or two twists such as the aformentioned female Protector Of Earth.

Also - spoilery book ending infomation + 2016 story/set comments;

The Toa (Tahu specifically mentioned) get new masks - its unclear if these are identical to the current versions. This along with the ending of the book hint towards Ekimu upgrading the Toa so they can stop Makuta which was from the 4chan comments a while back (The same place the Bionicle ghost set info came from)

Still doubt that the 4chan stuff is real, new toa forms doesnt automatically mean they are correct, but it seems a lot of stuff is linking back to it now. Maybe i'm just seeing connections when they are not there but it seems too coincidential with the name leaks, the set details and now the implied new masks and story information.

The newest TTV news says that the protectors used Mask of Time in the book. Any further confirmation?

Can confirm;

Once at the temple, the 6 protectors open a vault containing the Mask Of Time. They perform a magical ritual via placing the Mask Of Time in a beam of light (Similar to Mask Of Light's ending) reciting the prophecy to summon the Toa which sends a beam of light into the air. They then return the Mask Of Time to the vault.

Edited by Scarilian

New names are a bit strange, but they're meant to be unique (as much as I would have loved the Turaga's names to return :hmpf_bad: ). I'm sure Bingzanuva will make more appearances in the future, and I really like the foreign feel of the story now.

I seriously hope that the slime ghosts isn't going to be the next set of villains. They're retread NINJAGO's story enough this year already, and we haven't even gotten half way through the story yet (barring the books).

Pretty happy about these names. PoF's especially rad.

In other news, I totally didn't just order a trans-lime Skull Scoprio mask. Nope, definitely not.

I need to stop spending money this month :(

Edited by LewiMOC

Bingzak is Tiribomba levels of ridiculous. But I'm happy about Korgot. She is also the only one with a halfway sensible name, although I think adding an h at the end there would help.

I'm digging those names. They still got that tribal feel to them, but at the same time a feel similar to some latter Bionicle names, especially from the Bara Magna era (which was... also going for a tribal feel, I guess?). And aren't as... lame and uncreative, as some names from G1 (like Mantax, ugh).

Also, do you have to make an account on Amazon to get to see pages from the latter chapters? Or I'm the unlucky one who got just the first pages of the book?

I like the names, I just have to memorize them (been forever I had to do that with BIONICLE, eh?). They don't quite have the 2001-esque feeling Ekimu and Kulta have, but they're way better than the names we got in the later years, the barely disguised English or Latin words (Carapar, Axonn, Mantax..) were just terrible.

Yeah, save the pic for the nonbelievers. Pics on 4chinz don't stay up for long.

I've seen a lot of chatter about whether it's a good thing or a bad thing that the Protector of Earth is one of the most "masculine"-looking protectors. I personally am not seeing that as a huge issue in the first place? I mean, sure, the Protector of Earth has broad shoulders (which are stereotypically masculine), but on the other hand, she's also the only one who fits the stereotype of an "hourglass figure" (pretty much all the other Protectors' sides are perfectly straight, without any narrowing of the waist) . So while it's a character I'd never have assumed to be female, I think I can picture her as a woman about as easily as any of the other Protectors.

Bear in mind also that among the original Turaga, the only female character was the one with ridiculously short legs and ridiculously long arms. Neither of which is really a feminine stereotype. :tongue:

I'm already warming up to the names. They sort of remind me of MNOGII names. All but Bingzak, anyway.

I've seen a lot of chatter about whether it's a good thing or a bad thing that the Protector of Earth is one of the most "masculine"-looking protectors. I personally am not seeing that as a huge issue in the first place? I mean, sure, the Protector of Earth has broad shoulders (which are stereotypically masculine), but on the other hand, she's also the only one who fits the stereotype of an "hourglass figure" (pretty much all the other Protectors' sides are perfectly straight, without any narrowing of the waist) . So while it's a character I'd never have assumed to be female, I think I can picture her as a woman about as easily as any of the other Protectors.

Bear in mind also that among the original Turaga, the only female character was the one with ridiculously short legs and ridiculously long arms. Neither of which is really a feminine stereotype. :tongue:

I'm already warming up to the names. They sort of remind me of MNOGII names. All but Bingzak, anyway.

If you remove those silver rock pieces from her shoulders, she looks... not really that masculine. And since they're silver, you can assume that they're just part of armor, not her body. And, I see nothing wrong with having a female character with a "strong" body type, I guess that's because I really like Strongarm from Transformers series, and Korgot is kinda similar to her in that way :P My only complaint is that her name sounds the most masculine of all Protectors' names (well, maybe besides Izotor), I know we had names like that for females in G1 (Tuyet, Tobduk, Varian), but still...

THIS.

Anyways, I've already memorized the names. They're easy to remember if you get the easy ones first (Nilkuu, Narmoto, Korgot, Izotor) and just don't get Vizuna and Kivoda mixed up.

Personally, I like to think of Korgoth as being a bit of a gun nut. Unless you really, really like miniguns, you're probably not going to build one into your own body.

The names are most similar in fashion to the Metru Nui matoran ones. Nuhrii, Tehutti, Vhisola, Ahkmou, Ehrye and Orkham.

Edited by GK733