And here's Jang's review of Skull Basher

This one still looks the best to me out of all of the smaller sets.

Wish the other chest prints had symmetry, Basher seems to be the only one who has it symmetrical yet he has the unfortunate case of having odd colour prints. Skull Slicer's chest print for example would have been amazing if it was symmetrical and didnt include the odd trash compactor nipple he has.

Wish the other chest prints had symmetry, Basher seems to be the only one who has it symmetrical yet he has the unfortunate case of having odd colour prints. Skull Slicer's chest print for example would have been amazing if it was symmetrical and didnt include the odd trash compactor nipple he has.

What's wrong with asymmetry again? Especially when it's about something simple as printed chain. If you open a car it doesn't look symmetrical and in Slicer's case the other gear might have just fell off. Asymmetry has always been present with undead themes.

What's wrong with asymmetry again? Especially when it's about something simple as printed chain. If you open a car it doesn't look symmetrical and in Slicer's case the other gear might have just fell off. Asymmetry has always been present with undead themes.

Asymmetry is fine too, it adds a sense of characters, its just when pieces like the chest plate have an asymmetrical design they seem more unique to the individual set. That can be a good and bad thing, though in terms of making MOC's using the piece, having a chestplate that seems specific to a certain character is difficult to include without fans instantly being reminded of the set that used that piece before. Most of the time when people make MOC's they stray away from using pieces that are too unique to sets such as using a recently released mask.

Like this image where most people will immediately question why a MOC that has the Lewa head has the chestplate of Tahu OR this image where people will question why a Rakshi would have Lewa's chestplate. Meanwhile this image only makes you think of Onua because of the mask, as the chestplate is not too unique, you dont instantly think of a set which had that chestplate unless you have recently focused on that aspect (Which is one of the reasons it was used in two different sets in Invasion From Below because it was intentionally generic). Its just that sort of thing for me, considering I'm more hyped for the pieces than keeping the sets in their intended forms :P

Are those your MOCs? They're pretty good. And I for one think the new chestplates are generic enough that I could use them for lots of stuff. For most of the Skull villains, I think their chest plates are best suited for use as siege weapon/mecha decorations.

Is anyone thinking of getting duplicates for MOC purposes?

Are those your MOCs? They're pretty good. And I for one think the new chestplates are generic enough that I could use them for lots of stuff. For most of the Skull villains, I think their chest plates are best suited for use as siege weapon/mecha decorations.

Not mine, just examples i found. I can see the seige weapon idea working, you plan on making one or the mecha? :)

To be honest, I'm not sure yet. A bit more on topic, though, I think Slicer has the best print. The asymmetry works in that case.

To be honest, I'm not sure yet. A bit more on topic, though, I think Slicer has the best print. The asymmetry works in that case.

I agree about Slicer. Gonna have to steal the mecha idea :).

I for one really like the chest prints, great MOCing potential there.

Speaking of parts, the Bionicle facebook page uploaded some concept art for the wing/fin part: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1609090712665339&substory_index=0&id=1472651449642600

Edit: Someone on Tumblr got a magazine scan featuring the skull villians! (well two of them)

http://captainwhitechocolate.tumblr.com/post/122886582756/red-alert-skull-grinder-has-a-name-and-two-skull

Its revealed Grinders name is Kulta. Personally hoping for Teridax but hey, hes got a name. Apparently Kulta wants to destroy all masks of power plus his staff can drain their power as well, must be what his minions do also!

Edited by Dr_Chronos

Oh look, Skull Grinder has a name. Kulta.

And if he's evidently driven to destroy all masks, we can finally confirm that that is indeed what he is doing with the Mask of Creation. I bet it can only be destroyed in the fires it was crafted from.

And now we know that LoSS isn't out of the game yet.

The name is nice, though sounds like Kulta could have a plot twist where he is determined to destroy the masks in order to prevent harm coming to Okoto or something like that.

Also, what is up with Slicer being controlled by LoSS... the animations show LoSS defeated. So guess he's coming back?

Edited by Scarilian

Oh look, Skull Grinder has a name. Kulta.

And if he's evidently driven to destroy all masks, we can finally confirm that that is indeed what he is doing with the Mask of Creation. I bet it can only be destroyed in the fires it was crafted from.

And now we know that LoSS isn't out of the game yet.

"Kulta"

That's hilarious. It's a straight transaction for gold in Finnish. It also has different meanings like dear and honey as "love terms".

Also, what is up with Slicer being controlled by LoSS... the animations show LoSS defeated. So guess he's coming back?

It seems to confirm that Slicer is reanimated by a Skull Spider. Since LoSS controls the spiders, he controls Slicer.

"Kulta"

That's hilarious. It's a straight transaction for gold in Finnish. It also has different meanings like dear and honey as "love terms".

He probably shouldve sticked with grinder. XD

Hooray, they get officially labeled as "Skull Creatures"! I was going to go with "Skull Villains", but this helps. Also, Kulta? Interesting... very cool stuff there.

Personally hoping for Teridax but hey

First of all, how dare you.

Ready for these to show up in the US, the review set I've got just isn't slicing it.

This has been a pretty news-filled week: the new commercial, sets arriving, story details, book covers, Grinder's name......hopefully, a site update is on its way. :wink:

Well, the UK site is now selling the sets, so an update should'nt be too far away. Max of about a week i'd guess, could be as early as a few minutes time though.

Then again... the update may simply be the addition of a few character bios and stuff to the product page, so best not to get hopes too high :P

Well, the UK site is now selling the sets, so an update should'nt be too far away. Max of about a week i'd guess, could be as early as a few minutes time though.

Then again... the update may simply be the addition of a few character bios and stuff to the product page, so best not to get hopes too high :P

Hey, bios are one of the things I'm most looking forward too. I'm especially intrigued in the Skull masks and what those actually do.

Nice... Kulta...

I like it. But is it supposed to be a play on "cult?" I could see these guys being crazy cultists.

That spread looks nice. Lewa whipping out them katanas, Tahu being badass for the sake of being a badass, Grinder has an actual name. Hopefully the Protector's have names also.

And does that mean LoSS is only a servant of Kulta, as they said Kulta is more powerful?

Edited by MakutaOfWar

Oh, someone on YT has the comercial on full length, or at least longer than the one I've seen.

Also "Kulta"... sounds interesting...

Oh, someone on YT has the comercial on full length, or at least longer than the one I've seen.

Also "Kulta"... sounds interesting...

Huh,those 15 extra seconds make such a difference. Completely 180d my opinion on the commercial. That CGI though... Mmmm hmmm, good stuff right there

Edited by Dr_Chronos