Oh my, the one day I have to go to hospital and all this happens! Can't seem to find the prelims so would someone be able to PM them to me?

But look at it this way: I wouldn't pass any judgement until pics come from Nuremberg or New York (which is what I'm waiting for). The skeletal pieces people are describing sound potentially very interesting and am really looking forward to seeing some finalised versions (I don't know why, but the description of ribcages do remind me of the ribcages of 2008).

Though the torn cloth type pieces still somewhat remain a mystery, but I can see it working really well with the described skeletal pieces, if they look anything like what I am thinking of.

The look quite good from what Ive seen

The animations seem to be starting to go somewhere. Im REALLY digging the whole Ekimus voice aspect. Really brings the mystic aspect of Bionicle in a way I had never thought of. My theory is his spirit is being kept alive in the six golden masks. I honestly think that the six combined will create the MoCr again.

The ancient city fascinates me too and I hope we see a lot of it.

The Mask of Creation was not destroyed, simply lost on the Island similar to the Mask Of Control and the Mask Of Ultimate Power. I suppose its possible Lego could tweak it to say the mask was split into the six elemental masks somehow... but that would just overcomplicate the story unnecessarily in my opinion.

I finally got one of these, Kopaka, I was going to get Pohatu with his Protector, but there weren't any protectors to be found.

I'm loving Kopaka though!

The summer line looks interesting too, hopefully the sets look nice!

Hrm... LEGO added the BIONICLE magazine insert online, but the actual magazine displayed is something else. Hopefully they fix that, since I'd love to get some of the stuff there in higher quality.

Yes,in the first webisode.

Right. I knew I saw it somewhere, thanks!

Oh my, the one day I have to go to hospital and all this happens! Can't seem to find the prelims so would someone be able to PM them to me?

But look at it this way: I wouldn't pass any judgement until pics come from Nuremberg or New York (which is what I'm waiting for). The skeletal pieces people are describing sound potentially very interesting and am really looking forward to seeing some finalised versions (I don't know why, but the description of ribcages do remind me of the ribcages of 2008).

Though the torn cloth type pieces still somewhat remain a mystery, but I can see it working really well with the described skeletal pieces, if they look anything like what I am thinking of.

I'd completely forgotten about the torn cloth pieces! Those will definitely help to fill out the bare bones look of these guys.

Those were some pretty good episodes,with episode six having a lot of plot stuff. It really doesn't bother me much to have the 'red-leader-fire-guy' get all the attention,cause it's so common in media. The next few episodes should be really good,and it'd be cool if there was a couple of 5-min episodes to wrap up the wave(season?),like with the Mixels series.

I will say one thing about the more stylized bones- I do like them to some extent. Right now, if you want to have a thin, bone-like leg by leaving it unarmored, people just scream at you to put armor on it. Since the new bones will not offer mounting points, it gets the point across that they are supposed to be skeletal, not just unarmored. Aesthetics.

(Though with that said, I'd much rather have oodles of the standard bones in white since all we got right now is one length, but I can dream)

And the overreaction and doonsaying is still to the point of parody. It feels like I just came back with dinner and someone had set fire to the house.

People are running all over, someone put a hole in the flatscreen, VBBN is unconscious, the couch is overturned, Aanchir is on fire...

It was a stampede I tell you!

Yeah, I'm warming up to the new bones. Especially once I realized they'd make for good eyestalks.

#G2PewkuConfirmed

Hm.

Looking at the prelims.

What if the new bone piece allows for pin connections, which can then ultimately allow Moccists to add old Bionicle armor pieces to said bone piece.

Given that it's so empty it could possibly allow for pins to be added anywhere and be moved.

The only really bad part about that would be that the emptiness wouldn't really hold the pin in place.

Edited by Zachattacx

Hm.

Looking at the prelims.

What if the new bone piece allows for pin connections, which can then ultimately allow Moccists to add old Bionicle armor pieces to said bone piece.

Given that it's so empty it could possibly allow for pins to be added anywhere and be moved.

Still hoping the finalized sets feature this! But if not, then at least they'll be useful for aesthetics.

It really doesn't bother me much to have the 'red-leader-fire-guy' get all the attention,cause it's so common in media.

I'm pretty sick of it. I mean, in Gen 1, the Ta-Matoran, Ta-Turaga, and Ta-Toa all got the spotlight: in MoL, the main characters were two Ta-Matoran, in LoMN it was Vakama, and so on......Give the Ko-characters the leading roles. I love Kopaka way more than I love Tahu, and come on: Matoro is better than any other of the Inika.

Anyway, I'm glad to see that people are starting to warm up to the designs.....But I did notice that on S. Warrior, he has thigh armor. So, maybe the pieces DO have balljoints, or maybe he's just a special case....

Anyway, I'm glad to see that people are starting to warm up to the designs.....But I did notice that on S. Warrior, he has thigh armor. So, maybe the pieces DO have balljoints, or maybe he's just a special case....

The new bones don't seem to be replacing the old ones they're both being used in the sets. The ones without connectors seem to exist for aesthetic reasons (no more annoying "but why is this limb empty when there's a connection point open???" comments on sets or MOCs, thank God.)

will say one thing about the more stylized bones- I do like them to some extent. Right now, if you want to have a thin, bone-like leg by leaving it unarmored, people just scream at you to put armor on it. Since the new bones will not offer mounting points, it gets the point across that they are supposed to be skeletal, not just unarmored. Aesthetics.

Now they (I) will just scream at you to switch to the other type of bone, and THEN put armour on it :P.

It still seems strange to me that lego would make a piece for that reason, when they've left armour off hf sets before, and had no qualms about leaving the ball joints exposed. Why the change of heart now?

Now they (I) will just scream at you to switch to the other type of bone, and THEN put armour on it :P.

It still seems strange to me that lego would make a piece for that reason, when they've left armour off hf sets before, and had no qualms about leaving the ball joints exposed. Why the change of heart now?

As mentioned above, (hopefully) it's to allow for pin connections. It's nice to finally see a new bone piece, though.

Hey did someone figure out yet: Skull Grinder's horns are the Ultimate Phoenix's head feathers! Really cool looking.

Umm... I think you are mistaken here. As Grinder has no horns. It's Basher.

87846.jpg

2 of these in purple. Which already appeared in said color on DC ultrabuild Joker. (I have no need for these, arleady bought two Jokers).

Also. Comparing purple that appeared on Onua's prelimnary to Basher's prelimnary leads me to believe that those bones are indeed transparent pink and this size.

ygPYrjU.png?1

I must say I quite like the new bone, though I hope it has at least a single pinhole for direct compatibility with classic shells for MoCing purposes. I doubt that'll happen, though.

Now I've had a look at them, I don't think they are that bad at all. I'll offer some of my thoughts, though I will be keeping an open mind and hope to see more finalised designs from Nuremberg:

Skull Warrior: I quite like this one, sure it's a rather generic humanoid build (I for one do not mind humanoid builds), but I feel that it is done quite well. It pulls off the "fearsome archer" look very well, though not sure how I feel about having the skeletal components being black.

Skull Slicer: probably my least favourite. I do not like those blades used here, they just don't excite me that much. Personally, I think this one actually suffers from being too thin.

Skull Basher: For some reason, this reminds me of a skeletal Pyrox, just better. I have a bit of a soft spot for Minotaur style builds and characters, and I am all for getting more purple an trans-purple. Just hoping it is not trans-pink though. I think I can just make out the torn cloth style pieces here.

Skull Scorpio: Contrary to many, I actually like this one, though I really would have liked to see the Chima rib pieces in white rather than black (though it is nice to see it in a colour other than trans-light blue). The tail could benefit from some simplification and be turned into more classic scorpion style tail.

Skull Grinder: I was really hoping for trans-red here as I am a little bored of trans-neon orange. Otherwise he looks like a pretty decent humanoid style build. Definitely getting this.

Hopefully some better pictures will provide some clearer views of the torso parts of these sets, and either confirm my initial suspicions or get me to change my mind on these.

Yeah. I really like the new bones now. I'm a big fan of the "thin thighs and chunky claves/ankles" aesthetic, and these will do wonders for pulling that off.

It works in animation, but I personally think it looks bad in actual Lego form. The animations pull it off alright (as do, to a certain extent, the set forms of the protectors). But I think these skull villains just cut off to quickly, and just look incomplete.